Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

It's funny that everyone was picking Livingston to win district  or contend for it before Lumberton played them but now that we beat them they're just horrible? Weren't they even picked second in Dave Campbell's? And I don't see why there's such a big deal about Vidor keeping it close with Central. What did either team do last year? Nothing. Haha I mean wouldn't you expect the teams picked to go 5th and 7th i the district to have a close game?

You got a point there ...... ;D

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that everyone was picking Livingston to win district  or contend for it before Lumberton played them but now that we beat them they're just horrible? Weren't they even picked second in Dave Campbell's? And I don't see why there's such a big deal about Vidor keeping it close with Central. What did either team do last year? Nothing. Haha I mean wouldn't you expect the teams picked to go 5th and 7th i the district to have a close game?

I can'ts speak for Vidor but I tell you this.  Be happy while you can.  But your time is coming.  I don't think your Raiders will be ready.  We pretty much owned yall then yall get one win last year against one of our weaker teams.  Time is ticking... 

;D

According to the 20-4A coaches poll, they have Central picked 4th.

Here is the poll:

1.Nederland

2. Livingston

3. PNG

4. Central

5. Lumberton

6. Ozen

7. Vidor

8. LCM

I really wouldn't like a playoff system in college for the most part it is fine. I really like watching all the bowl games and it gives the smaller college's athlete's a fun experience. The only reason they should have a playoff is maybe if the season ends up like last year. You have so many teams in the top 10 with 1-2 losse's. They should have all the the bowl game's but us the BCS bowls as a playoff system somehow. Last year LSU were national champs but I feel like a few other teams in the top 10 easily could have challenged Ohio State. In a year for example when USC and Texas played there wouldn't be a playoff because those were the only undefeated teams in the nation.

What did either team do last year? Nothing.

Yes EVERYONE on here understands that yall went to the playoffs last year and did pretty good and I give yall all the credit for being able to do that... But the fact of the matter is, the past DOESN'T MATTER! This year is a new year, anything can happen... Jesus Christ... Everything is always last year this, last year that... Get over yourself, and look forward to this weekend instead of last year... And that's all I have to say about that...

With that being said, Vidor 21-17 Lumberton... Vidor scores the game winning TD in the last 3 mins... Good luck to my pirates and to Lumberton... Should be a great game...

Souja last year the score was 33-14 yall scored on 2 trick plays and didnt move the ball well at all. The year before when yall were very good yall beat us 22-14 and we were driving but our WR droped a ball that would have been a first down and would have extended the drive. The season before that when we were horrible yall we were winning 7-0 at halftime and ended up winning 27-7 I think. The season before that yall scored on the last drive to win the game.

You can say yall dominated us because you have a good record against us but every game was close and if you keep living in the past then the future is gonna pass you by. This isnt the same Lumberton teams you used to play. I respect you as a poster and I understand you going with your team. But dont start acting like the people who make foolish claims. And yes thats alot of Lumberton fan but everybody has them.

Souja last year the score was 33-14 yall scored on 2 trick plays and didnt move the ball well at all. The year before when yall were very good yall beat us 22-14 and we were driving but our WR droped a ball that would have been a first down and would have extended the drive. The season before that when we were horrible yall we were winning 7-0 at halftime and ended up winning 27-7 I think. The season before that yall scored on the last drive to win the game.

You can say yall dominated us because you have a good record against us but every game was close and if you keep living in the past then the future is gonna pass you by. This isnt the same Lumberton teams you used to play. I respect you as a poster and I understand you going with your team. But dont start acting like the people who make foolish claims. And yes thats alot of Lumberton fan but everybody has them.

Yes,When I said dominate, I'm going by records.  We have blown yall out in the past.  However, as we settled into 4a football, these games have been closer and closer, and then yall beat us last year against one of our more weaker teams.  Our boys are poised to pay yall back.  We have some of our best players on defense and they are seniors and remember how embarrased they were last year. 

Thank you for the compliment though. 

Guest band of brothers

Yes,When I said dominate, I'm going by records.  We have blown yall out in the past.  However, as we settled into 4a football, these games have been closer and closer, and then yall beat us last year against one of our more weaker teams.  Our boys are poised to pay yall back.  We have some of our best players on defense and they are seniors and remember how embarrased they were last year. 

you have said you were embarassed before, about getting beat by Lumberton last year, why? you guys got beat by a very good team in the Raiders, and this year I believe you will be embarassed again. just because a team has been everyones red headed step child in the past doesn't mean it will always be that way. I'm just curious why you use the word embarassed? last tuesday I guess you were 1 point from being embarassed by Vidor???!!!

you have said you were embarassed before, about getting beat by Lumberton last year, why? you guys got beat by a very good team in the Raiders, and this year I believe you will be embarassed again. just because a team has been everyones red headed step child in the past doesn't mean it will always be that way. I'm just curious why you use the word embarassed? last tuesday I guess you were 1 point from being embarassed by Vidor???!!!

When I said 'embarrased', I was in reference to how our boys felt about the whole season.  You know, not making the playoffs and having a losing season.  I know the Raiders were good last year.  Heck, I was on the bandwagon when the playoffs started, if you remember...

When I said 'embarrased', I was in reference to how our boys felt about the whole season.  You know, not making the playoffs and having a losing season.  I know the Raiders were good last year.  Heck, I was on the bandwagon when the playoffs started, if you remember...

And we were glad to have you aboard!!

Ok, it's a new year for all. No team is the same as last year. Even though some had Livingston picked to be in the top 4, it seems they are not as good this year as what people thought.

I haven't seen Vidor or Central, but Vidor almost beat what I've heard is a much better Central team than last year's team. That should tell us that we can't go in to this game or any game thinking it's a 'gimme' game just because we did well against them last year.

Looking forward to a good, hard fought game.

Lumberton 28

Vidor 17

what i dont understand about the lumberton fans on here is that they constantly whine about no one respecting them and how no one thinks they're any good. then they turn around and do the same thing to all the other schools in this district. we need to remember that these kids are the reason why we get to go to these games and they dont deserve to get on here and read how you think they're terrible and dont have a shot at winning. its way too early in the season to talk about how good or how bad these teams are. lumberton proved last year that a group of dedicated kids and couches can do what no one else thought they could do. it is possible that another team besides lumberton can pull this off.

I can'ts speak for Vidor but I tell you this.  Be happy while you can.  But your time is coming.  I don't think your Raiders will be ready.  We pretty much owned yall then yall get one win last year against one of our weaker teams.  Time is ticking... 

We got your back soul man! Pirates all the way!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

The Train by 7 is my prediction. I will say this though, whichever team has more success throwing the ball should win since that is both teams weakness.

Wow I thought Lumberton had a gun slinger? If they are a running team we should be able to take this one. How does the L train stack up against Central?

First off...Lumberton should have more success throwing the ball in this game. Second, they are not just another running team. They are a very good running team that can and will run on U at will! Just ask anyone from outside of Lumberton that has seen these backs run the ball against their teams this year and they will tell U what they're capable of.

The Train by 7 is my prediction. I will say this though, whichever team has more success throwing the ball should win since that is both teams weakness.

Wow I thought Lumberton had a gun slinger? If they are a running team we should be able to take this one. How does the L train stack up against Central?

First off...Lumberton should have more success throwing the ball in this game. Second, they are not just another running team. They are a very good running team that can and will run on U at will! Just ask anyone from outside of Lumberton that has seen these backs run the ball against their teams this year and they will tell U what they're capable of.

Lumberton has big, bruising, qualtiy backs... but I don't agree that they run at will on anyone.

Good luck to both of these teams. My heart says vidor... My head says Lumberton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin