Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Some of these predictions just boggle the mind. Maybe some of U people can maybe explain or rationalize just why Vidor is such the favorite this year and in this game particularly. I'm not saying they can't possibly win this game as anyone can lose on any given night but just what has Vidor done or accomplished since last season until now that would make some people believe that they will beat Lumberton by 2-3 td's?  ??? They have beaten a weaker Kelly team with a not so dominant performance and some other team that I've never heard of and can't even remember their name...no disrespect. Some will say, well they almost beat the Jags. Well, how do we even know if Central is even that good this year. Some of their fans will say they are way better, but do we really know yet? They got handled by WB, barely beat Memorial, & just beat Vidor by the hair of their chinny chin chin. Maybe Vidor & Central are pretty even as teams as a whole, but that still doesn't mean that either one of them are great teams at all. I'm not saying Vidor can't win this game, I just don't understand the logic behind some of these predictions. It seems that a lot of people think that since Lumberton was able to do what they did last year that Vidor is automatically going to follow suit with this dream season. Maybe they can...but what have they really done to show that? For the most part, don't they have many of the same players from last year with the exception of a few? Just don't get it. It seems that this year is no different than last year for the Raiders as they will have to go 5-0 or 6-0 before some people will begin giving them some respect and some of the HATERS on this board will never give them their respect even if they go on and win another district title. That's ok though...the more people doubt and disrespect will once again have to just except the facts at the end of the season and be mad that their most HATED team proved the them wrong once again. They'll just keep flying under the radar! Like one poster previously said...Why are we giving Vidor so much credit  ??? I'm sure this will make the HATERS mad.

Guest Pirate V Ball

There's no question Central has improved since last year from what i saw. Vidor looks a little faster than last year and has a very big OL. The Running game has looked good for Vidor and i predict they win the game.

Vidors wins came against an 0-3 kelly who lost to Hitchcock 2A and St Thomas who looked like a JV team and i was there 12-10 at halftime and still only ended 26-10. I saw that game and Vidor struggled through much of the game to stop them.

Some of these predictions just boggle the mind. Maybe some of U people can maybe explain or rationalize just why Vidor is such the favorite this year and in this game particularly. I'm not saying they can't possibly win this game as anyone can lose on any given night but just what has Vidor done or accomplished since last season until now that would make some people believe that they will beat Lumberton by 2-3 td's?  ??? They have beaten a weaker Kelly team with a not so dominant performance and some other team that I've never heard of and can't even remember their name...no disrespect. Some will say, well they almost beat the Jags. Well, how do we even know if Central is even that good this year. Some of their fans will say they are way better, but do we really know yet? They got handled by WB, barely beat Memorial, & just beat Vidor by the hair of their chinny chin chin. Maybe Vidor & Central are pretty even as teams as a whole, but that still doesn't mean that either one of them are great teams at all. I'm not saying Vidor can't win this game, I just don't understand the logic behind some of these predictions. It seems that a lot of people think that since Lumberton was able to do what they did last year that Vidor is automatically going to follow suit with this dream season. Maybe they can...but what have they really done to show that? For the most part, don't they have many of the same players from last year with the exception of a few? Just don't get it. It seems that this year is no different than last year for the Raiders as they will have to go 5-0 or 6-0 before some people will begin giving them some respect and some of the HATERS on this board will never give them their respect even if they go on and win another district title. That's ok though...the more people doubt and disrespect will once again have to just except the facts at the end of the season and be mad that their most HATED team proved the them wrong once again. They'll just keep flying under the radar! Like one poster previously said...Why are we giving Vidor so much credit  ??? I'm sure this will make the HATERS mad.

It's funny that you use the anology that Vidor hasn't played anybody, yet who has Lumberton played that's a world beater? I'll put Central up against any of the teams that Lumberton has played so far. The fact is, both teams played a somewhat weak non district schedule, both teams came out of it 2-0. Now district has started and though Lumberton maybe 1-0 and Vidor 0-1, it will be pretty obvious when the season ends that Central will be by far the better team over Livingston. In fact, I still stand by my prediction that the Jaguars will win district.

I think Lumberton will win this game, but they are not head and shoulders better than Vidor. This one will be close.

The Train by 7 is my prediction. I will say this though, whichever team has more success throwing the ball should win since that is both teams weakness.

Wow I thought Lumberton had a gun slinger? If they are a running team we should be able to take this one. How does the L train stack up against Central?

You folks are giving Vidor waaay too much credit.  Yeah, they are able to play a close game here and there....But, and I am really not trying to be disrespectful (sorry pirates), Vidor will be Vidor.

Lumberton 38

Vidor        17

And PNG will be PNG! Enough said. Take it how ever you want to.

I dont have a problem with the Vidor Fans picking the Pi Rats to win not even the ones that picked them by 3 td"  ;D but then throw in the haters, who pick against the Raiders every week and I just smile.  Look two teams that Lumberton beat last year had a close game GOOD FOR THEM.  I have seen m ost of the teams in this district either in a scrimmage or pre-district game. I still see PNG and Lumberton being at the top of the pile. Ned has a punchers chance with the passing game but may also die with it JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!!! Central and Ozen has a few good players but that doesnt make a great team. Vidor and LCM could and prolly will beat one of the playoff teams. In this district you have to show up every night (Tuesday,Saturday or Friday ;D) or you get beat. I doubt that Lumberton will go unbeaten but I think they show up this week and take care of this game. If Vidor just plans on lineing up and running the ball it will be a long night for the Pi Rats. Oh yea as the weaker passing teams we have played are finding out its not easy to just throw it up on this set of Raider DB's  Good Luck to both teams and I think Vidor wins some games this year JUST not THIS ONE!!!

L-TRAIN 28 Pi Rats 12

As Lumberton proved last year You should never underestimate the underdog.  Vidor seems to have a pretty good team this year.  I would love to see Vidor make the playoffs. They remind me of Lumberton last year. GO PIRATES!!! That is untill you play Nederland ;D ;D ;D

I dont have a problem with the Vidor Fans picking the Pi Rats to win not even the ones that picked them by 3 td"  ;D but then throw in the haters, who pick against the Raiders every week and I just smile.  Look two teams that Lumberton beat last year had a close game GOOD FOR THEM.  I have seen m ost of the teams in this district either in a scrimmage or pre-district game. I still see PNG and Lumberton being at the top of the pile. Ned has a punchers chance with the passing game but may also die with it JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!!! Central and Ozen has a few good players but that doesnt make a great team. Vidor and LCM could and prolly will beat one of the playoff teams. In this district you have to show up every night (Tuesday,Saturday or Friday ;D) or you get beat. I doubt that Lumberton will go unbeaten but I think they show up this week and take care of this game. If Vidor just plans on lineing up and running the ball it will be a long night for the Pi Rats. Oh yea as the weaker passing teams we have played are finding out its not easy to just throw it up on this set of Raider DB's  Good Luck to both teams and I think Vidor wins some games this year JUST not THIS ONE!!!

L-TRAIN 28 Pi Rats 12

My thoughts exactly - Lumberton / PNG game in a few weeks will decide the district champ.  Ned has a shot.  Pick a team for the 4th playoff spot and your done.

L-TRAIN 28 Pi Rats 12

My thoughts exactly - Lumberton / PNG game in a few weeks will decide the district champ.  Ned has a shot.  Pick a team for the 4th playoff spot and your done.

Seems like Ned. has an outside shot at this point.

PNG Vs. Lumb. decides district. I think whichever team wins that will be undefeated in district.

Hey It's, just a quick question. As n L-Town fan like me, do you ever feel like we're the red headed step child in this district?  ;D

It's funny that you use the anology that Vidor hasn't played anybody, yet who has Lumberton played that's a world beater? I'll put Central up against any of the teams that Lumberton has played so far. The fact is, both teams played a somewhat weak non district schedule, both teams came out of it 2-0. Now district has started and though Lumberton maybe 1-0 and Vidor 0-1, it will be pretty obvious when the season ends that Central will be by far the better team over Livingston. In fact, I still stand by my prediction that the Jaguars will win district.

I think Lumberton will win this game, but they are not head and shoulders better than Vidor. This one will be close.

It's not just about who they have played this year. They weren't very good last year either and for the most part have about the same team. I'm not saying they haven't improved, I just don't see them beating Lumberton by 10 or more points like some people are saying. That is what I'm talking about. Vidor will not beat Lumberton by 2-3 td's. I never said Lumberton has played any "World Beater's" but I would say that the competition Lumberton has played is a step above what Vidor has played in their 2 wins and Vidor didn't necessarily blow them out. Central may be a decent team, although they supposedly don't have much of a passing game making them one dimensional just like Vidor. As far as Livingston goes...they may not be as good as some of these "experts" that predicted them to finish close to the top of district and making the playoffs thought they would be, but I do think it is somewhat interesting that before Lumberton plays them people are saying that Livingston is going to win and when the Raiders win everybody wants to get on here and say well Livingston is just a horrible team. It can't be that Lumberton might just have another good team this year, Livingston is just that bad. But I thought they were supposed to make the playoffs and Lumberton wasn't  ??? Before Lumberton plays anyone, people say they will lose. And when they end up winning, the other team is just bad...weren't good to begin with. This happens all of the time. I never said Lumberton is head & shoulders better than Vidor, but I do think they are better!

Hey It's, just a quick question. As n L-Town fan like me, do you ever feel like we're the red headed step child in this district?  ;D

Yea, it's interesting that whenever Lumberton always lost year in and year out that no one seemed to have much of a problem with us but low and behold the Raiders finally have a winning season and almost everyone HATES Lumberton and wants them to lose all of a sudden. I'm sure if we start losing again on a regular basis they will all of a sudden want to be friends again. They want us to stay at the bottom so they can beat up on us but they can't stand it when we win.

Some of these predictions just boggle the mind. Maybe some of U people can maybe explain or rationalize just why Vidor is such the favorite this year and in this game particularly. I'm not saying they can't possibly win this game as anyone can lose on any given night but just what has Vidor done or accomplished since last season until now that would make some people believe that they will beat Lumberton by 2-3 td's?  ??? They have beaten a weaker Kelly team with a not so dominant performance and some other team that I've never heard of and can't even remember their name...no disrespect. Some will say, well they almost beat the Jags. Well, how do we even know if Central is even that good this year. Some of their fans will say they are way better, but do we really know yet? They got handled by WB, barely beat Memorial, & just beat Vidor by the hair of their chinny chin chin. Maybe Vidor & Central are pretty even as teams as a whole, but that still doesn't mean that either one of them are great teams at all. I'm not saying Vidor can't win this game, I just don't understand the logic behind some of these predictions. It seems that a lot of people think that since Lumberton was able to do what they did last year that Vidor is automatically going to follow suit with this dream season. Maybe they can...but what have they really done to show that? For the most part, don't they have many of the same players from last year with the exception of a few? Just don't get it. It seems that this year is no different than last year for the Raiders as they will have to go 5-0 or 6-0 before some people will begin giving them some respect and some of the HATERS on this board will never give them their respect even if they go on and win another district title. That's ok though...the more people doubt and disrespect will once again have to just except the facts at the end of the season and be mad that their most HATED team proved the them wrong once again. They'll just keep flying under the radar! Like one poster previously said...Why are we giving Vidor so much credit  ??? I'm sure this will make the HATERS mad.

It's not just about who they have played this year. They weren't very good last year either and for the most part have about the same team. I'm not saying they haven't improved, I just don't see them beating Lumberton by 10 or more points like some people are saying. That is what I'm talking about. Vidor will not beat Lumberton by 2-3 td's. I never said Lumberton has played any "World Beater's" but I would say that the competition Lumberton has played is a step above what Vidor has played in their 2 wins and Vidor didn't necessarily blow them out. Central may be a decent team, although they supposedly don't have much of a passing game making them one dimensional just like Vidor. As far as Livingston goes...they may not be as good as some of these "experts" that predicted them to finish close to the top of district and making the playoffs thought they would be, but I do think it is somewhat interesting that before Lumberton plays them people are saying that Livingston is going to win and when the Raiders win everybody wants to get on here and say well Livingston is just a horrible team. It can't be that Lumberton might just have another good team this year, Livingston is just that bad. But I thought they were supposed to make the playoffs and Lumberton wasn't  ??? Before Lumberton plays anyone, people say they will lose. And when they end up winning, the other team is just bad...weren't good to begin with. This happens all of the time. I never said Lumberton is head & shoulders better than Vidor, but I do think they are better!

Dude what your saying is true for the most part except you say Livingston may not be aweful maybe Lumbertons just that good...maybe Lumberton is great but either way Livingston is terrible.

Yea, it's interesting that whenever Lumberton always lost year in and year out that no one seemed to have much of a problem with us but low and behold the Raiders finally have a winning season and almost everyone HATES Lumberton and wants them to lose all of a sudden. I'm sure if we start losing again on a regular basis they will all of a sudden want to be friends again. They want us to stay at the bottom so they can beat up on us but they can't stand it when we win.

Man all you Lumberton people do is cry about about how your not respected. Half of this subject is yall whining about this and that. Noone cares about your problems! Go see a psychiatrist if your that concerned about what others think about you.

It's funny that everyone was picking Livingston to win district  or contend for it before Lumberton played them but now that we beat them they're just horrible? Weren't they even picked second in Dave Campbell's? And I don't see why there's such a big deal about Vidor keeping it close with Central. What did either team do last year? Nothing. Haha I mean wouldn't you expect the teams picked to go 5th and 7th i the district to have a close game?

It's funny that everyone was picking Livingston to win district  or contend for it before Lumberton played them but now that we beat them they're just horrible? Weren't they even picked second in Dave Campbell's? And I don't see why there's such a big deal about Vidor keeping it close with Central. What did either team do last year? Nothing. Haha I mean wouldn't you expect the teams picked to go 5th and 7th i the district to have a close game?

I can'ts speak for Vidor but I tell you this.  Be happy while you can.  But your time is coming.  I don't think your Raiders will be ready.  We pretty much owned yall then yall get one win last year against one of our weaker teams.  Time is ticking... 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder