Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing about emailing him is....he doesn't read it! Call the admin.! At least with David Williams the kids respected him and enjoyed playing for him. LCM has lost too many good coaches over the past several years and it is a ashame. LCM has also had a hard enough time with school spirit and to not play this game for such a ridiculous reason.....well, what can we say that hasn't already been said!  I wonder if he ever listens to himself talk??????????

I was asked if Moody could make this decision on his own or did he have to have the approval of the superindentent??????

This is their first game of the year and biggest rivalry. Don't tell me he was going to wait until this week to prep for the game. I can assure you the kids over there as well as the coaches have spent all summer working towards this game. If I was LC-M I would show up without him. Have the super put the game back on, and let an assistant take over. Moody can stay home and watch the Wiggles all day.

HE SAYS THAT HE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE FOR WOS.  ARE THEY PRACTICING TODAY?  WOS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 DAYS OF FULL PRACTICE IS PLENTY OF TIME IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

He had all last week ...they were open.You can't tell me they did not practice for wo-s.

HE SAYS THAT HE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE FOR WOS.  ARE THEY PRACTICING TODAY?  WOS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 DAYS OF FULL PRACTICE IS PLENTY OF TIME IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Every LCM Campus sits vacant, Including football fields !!

I have personally seen about 7 varsity players today "Driving Around Town", so i know that ,most of them are back from the evacuation. I saw Coach Parsons and the Soccer Coach at the Highschool about noon but no moody in sight !

I see both sides.  On one hand everyone else is playing somehow or way but on the other hand as the head coach, whose job it is to make this decision (good or bad), He does not have to ask the community or the players.  He's the one who gets fired if someone gets hurt or they lose the rest of the year.  Not the players, not the community.

i just now got off the phone with a buddy from bridge city,he thinks this is super that moody is more worried about a team that did not win a game last year than wo-s . he says moody is worried about  out coached by a coach that has only been in bridge city for 2 years,how long has moody been around lc-m and what is his record 4 wins maybe more you tell me

He had all last week ...they were open.You can't tell me they did not practice for wo-s.

My .02.  A friend of mine is a assistant for LCM, I talked to him at halftime of the NED/WOS game.  They were there scouting, so they have had at least a 3 or 4 days!

Guest tchawks99

Good ol sneaky snake and casual observer..

the ol' lets say we aint playing trick and then play em trick...we should have seen it coming, its the oldest in the book..

;D

Good ol sneaky snake and casual observer..

the ol' lets say we aint playing trick and then play em trick...we should have seen it coming, its the oldest in the book..

;D

Sent to sneak into the community and casually observe what everybody else is thinking, while holding secret practices at an undisclosed location!!!  It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!!  A conspiracy!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• I think this whole discussion is getting overly hyped. My son played 3 sports and went on to play college football (still in school). I played 4 sports and went on to play college football. Neither of us (separated by 30+ years) got anything but support from our respective AD's and coaches.
    • ADs don't allow them to do school baseball drills in the middle of football season, though.  so the double standard is still there.
    • "AD's don't allow them to play"  that's false.  I've watched many of fall ball games and I can name 3 or 4 SETX teams that had football players on the team. 
    • I would not say NO ONE REALLY CARES WHAT HAPPENS WITH BASEBALL.. All you have to do is go to Ford Park every weekend and look at how much money parents pour into baseball.. lol I get what you are saying.. but look at it from this point of view... WINS look good on resume correct? Would a AD do better if he has all his multi-sport kids stay in his program? Again they are usually the more athletic kid. Is his actions driving away the more athletic kids to "concentrate on one sport"? Sometimes more is not better.. Kids get burned out really quick if they believe their AD/Coach does not care about their personal athletic dreams and desires.  Like I said.. a Good AD knows how to navigate this issue. 
    • Never understood why you can't be good at all 4 major sports. If you are talented enough, and athletic enough to be a Regional Finalist football team, then you would think you would be athletic enough to at least be competitive in basketball. If you wanted to be...... And as big a baseball town as Jasper is, where did that tradition go? Where are those kids now?
  • Topics