Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

SETXsports needs to keep a good working relationship with LCM ISD and all other administrations in order to function the way we want too. No one poster here is worth losing that.

With all due respect, do you feel that Todd Moody, or the public who frequents your board make it what it is?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is so dumb!!!!!! i dont play football but as a senior this is my last year ill ever get to be a part of the lcm wos rivalry.. this doesnt just effect the team it effects everyone... its not about who wins or loses its just the fact that we all know each other. im sure the football teams isnt the only part of lcm thats upset.. im sure the band, drill team, cheerleaders, grizzly crew and alot more all have something to say about this.. and as for moody quiting on his team because he would have a "short week" to prepare for bc, who cares lets the boys play.. If moody cant do it for himself then he should atleast do it for the seniors who have givin there all to him the past 4 years.

alot of coaches and school admins read the board.

I realize that very well. I also think that what's being said, needs to be said. This is a forum of public opinion. Opinions should be heard.

which is true but i read a remark someone posted bout his fam, it got deleted before i could get to it.

honestly i've posted worse stuff about Colbert years ago on here that should have gotten me banned but thankgoodness im still here  :D

Guest Kelly Football

this is so dumb!!!!!! i dont play football but as a senior this is my last year ill ever get to be a part of the lcm wos rivalry.. this doesnt just effect the team it effects everyone... its not about who wins or loses its just the fact that we all know each other. im sure the football teams isnt the only part of lcm thats upset.. im sure the band, drill team, cheerleaders, grizzly crew and alot more all have something to say about this.. and as for moody quiting on his team because he would have a "short week" to prepare for bc, who cares lets the boys play.. If moody cant do it for himself then he should atleast do it for the seniors who have givin there all to him the past 4 years.

You need to speak up Wednesday or Thursday at School!

I'm not saying it shouldn't be monitored, by all means, his family should be left out of it. But to say that a poster is not "worth" the relationship with Moody is a little disrespectful. Without the interest of these posters who frequent this site, it would be dead in the water. Just don't forget where your bread is buttered. ;)

I'm not saying it shouldn't be monitored, by all means, his family should be left out of it. But to say that a poster is not "worth" the relationship with Moody is a little disrespectful. Without the interest of these posters who frequent this site, it would be dead in the water. Just don't forget where your bread is buttered. ;)

8)

I know i expect a big blow-up within LCM bout this decision. like i said before he will have to go deep in the playoffs to stick around the bear cave next year. but if memory serves me right wasnt he wanting to leave for two high-profile jobs, including LM last year? I honestly think you need a coach in your program who wants to be there and work with the kids and community, thats JMO.

8)

I know i expect a big blow-up within LCM bout this decision. like i said before he will have to go deep in the playoffs to stick around the bear cave next year. but if memory serves me right wasnt he wanting to leave for two high-profile jobs, including LM last year? I honestly think you need a coach in your program who wants to be there and work with the kids and community, thats JMO.

I agree with you.

Guest GoStangs

i have a funny feeling this game will be played this weekend...

Just curious.... His excuse for backing out of the game was based on some type of concern for his football players.  If he flip-flops after making a public statement like that, wouldn't he be saying he has little or no concern for his players?

i have a funny feeling this game will be played this weekend...

Just curious.... His excuse for backing out of the game was based on some type of concern for his football players.  If he flip-flops after making a public statement like that, wouldn't he be saying he has little or no concern for his players?

i think there are a few different ways his decision could be viewed. if he decides to stick to not playing the game this decision will be a thorn in his side his entire life. i think he has the opportunity to right this wrong, and he should! i hope everyone calls lcm and expresses their anger and confusion and if this happens i believe we will have a football game saturday...

Guest GoStangs

It has to be embarrassing for fans and probably to some of his players, but he made the decision and probably feels (for whatever reason) he did the right thing.  I doubt he cares much about what Coach Hooks says one way or another, and I don't see him changing his mind because a few fans are calling and asking him to play.  

The long-term implications of his decision are yet to be seen.  I don't mean in an administrative sense, but how voluntarily forfeiting a much-anticipated game (the season opener, which happens to be a game against your arch-rival) will play in the minds of his team and assistant coaches for the remainder of the season and beyond.  The game is as much mental as it is physical, and I just think this could turn out to be a serious, negative blow to a team that was in trouble already.

Guest abovetherim

First, I want to say for the record, I am both an LCM alum and parent of an LCM high school student...

This whole situation is embarassing.  I feel for the entire community but mostly for the kids.  This "cancellation" goes WAY beyond two coaches and two football teams.  

Our school administration needs to wake up and fix this situation NOW!!!  This is ridiculous.  And please don't tell those of us in the LCM community it cannot be fixed... because it can.  The kids deserve it.

And while I am getting stuff off my chest, I cannot believe our athletic director did not address the crowd at our community pep rally last week.  That whole arrangement has to change.  Over half the crowd left before it was even half way over.  There was absolutely no "pep" in that "rally".  Boring.....

As for you mustangs... maybe Coach Hooks can have an intra-squad scrimmage.  Myself, along with many other LCM fans, would love to come watch.

You guys miss Coach Williams yet? As a former player and graduate of LC-M this is embarrassing!

EVERYONE START CALLING LCM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GREAT POINTS ; HOW IS EVERYONE GOING TO RECOVER THEIR MONEY?  EVERY WOS SEASON TICKET HOLDER SHOULD BE REIMBURSED BY LCMISD.  ANY SHIRT THAT WAS PRINTED SHOULD BE BILLED TO LCM.  ANY PROGRAMS PRINTED SHOULD BE BILLED TO LCM. 

DON'T SCHOOLS SIGN CONTRACTS TO PLAY??????????????

IF SO, THIS MIGHT GET LEGAL.  IF IT DOES GET LEGAL, WATCH OUT FOR YOUR JOB SIR.

Guest tchawks99

Not only should LCM people call but WOS people should be calling...

call him all day....he shouldnt be busy because he hasnt had a game since last year....RING,RING,RING...

BURN them phones up...email and overload his computer...

I picked up my copy of the football preview from the Examiner the other day and just now had a chance to read it.  I'd like to quote Todd Moody from the article posted in The Examiner.

"I define competitive as the chance to win every game," he said.  "We were competitive in all but two games last year.  We were one catch away from the playoffs in 2006, and injuries got us last year.  Bottom line is, we are just going to have to do it.  The only way to convince people is to win."

The only way to win is to PLAY!  You can't win if you don't play!

Anyone seen casual or the other guy that came in yesterday.

Guest tchawks99

I picked up my copy of the football preview from the Examiner the other day and just now had a chance to read it.  I'd like to quote Todd Moody from the article posted in The Examiner.

"I define competitive as the chance to win every game," he said.  "We were competitive in all but two games last year.  We were one catch away from the playoffs in 2006, and injuries got us last year.  Bottom line is, we are just going to have to do it.  The only way to convince people is to win."

The only way to win is to PLAY!  You can't win if you don't play!

Anyone seen casual or the other guy that came in yesterday.

I think he has been on the phone all morning.. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder