Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

Your right stang, it is a matter of want and Moody don't want to play, he can make all the excuses he wants.  The fact is he doesn't believe in his players enough to let them play the game play the game.  

Where oh where is casual observer and sneakycatus now that the truth is out. Come on y'all don't be scared!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally felt this was going to happen, kind of. You gotta look at it in 2 ways---maybe Moody knew he was only going to have 2/3 of his team, not to mention how many starters he would have had back, then on the other hand, just maybe plain and simple he didnt want any part of WO-S. Who wouldnt after the whooping they put on NED. He knows what happened down at NED last Friday, and im sure he was there watching.

IMO---the majority, if not ALL of your players would have been back ready to play on Saturday, LCM been practicing for how long now? and this would have been the first game? Kidding me. WOS would have had more of an excuse not to play LCM. Moody just cost the school alot of revenue (sp), not only LCM but WOS as well. Cross-town rivalry games are something the seniors look forward to. Im pretty sure his players would have wanted to play the game if he wasnt so selfish not to ask them.

If i was the UIL director i would personally make it my business to give Mr. Moody a phone call.

Ironically, I have a nephew that plays for the 11 and 12 year old little cypress bear football team, and they are not only practicing today, but are playing on saturday.  Maybe the mustangs can put them on the schedule.  This is an embarassing day to for the bears.  I mean what does this say to the kids on the team that have been working hard to play this game for weeks and the coach gives some lame excuse, basically saying he is scared.  This man has been hired to COACH football games not CANCEL them.  

Come on guys lets all just calm down. We all know that LC-M's Debate team has tourneyment saturday. Its obvious that Moody was cornered in and told to decline the resceduling by Hooks :) Debate's far to important in Bear Country ;) After all its the last practice round before qualifying meets, also giving them a chance to scout the strong Sabine Pass Debate team. We have to cut Moody some slack on this one ;)

I respect WOS as a powerhouse football program and I dont like the fact that the game is not gonna happen but I see no reason for your comment about any other organazation within LCM school district or any other district for that matter. If you want to dog Moody go right ahead but you should leave other kids out of it.

I agree with you on that, 77.

If any of you LCM folk know Moody, maybe it would be worth while for him to get some heat about reconsidering this game. He's got tomorrow to change his mind, call him and speak with him. He's an outsider, he doesn't really know what this game means to the kids and community. Let him know how you feel!

There is no rivalry here.  WOS has owned this series,LCM has to win more than once not counting the forfeit to make this a rivalry!!!!!  Look if i was coach i would not play this game.  WOS just destroyed the team picked to win LCM's district.

LCM always play WOS hard every year that i can remember.

As an outsider, but long time Beaumont fan, I think that this has got to be one of the worst moves I have EVER seen made by a Varsity Head Football Coach.  How can you ever expect your kids that you coach to not make EXCUSES when this is the example that the Head Coach has given them.  Even when Ozen went 1-9 and Central went 0-10 we were not scared to play our oponents.  For a guy who is on the hotseat, you would think this would have made it a little hotter.  Next year this guy may not have a choice applying for jobs!!  Very EBARRASSING move for the LCM program!!  

I'm just having a hard time understanding this, and im not even from there but ive been to a few Orange Bowls. In 21 years of watching HS football in SETX I have never seen one time that a LCM vs WOS football game has been cancelled when playable. I cant remember it happening.

Look i have watched just about every game for the last 25 years and there has been some close games but for the most part WOS has owned this series.  LCM beat WOS twice and i watched both games.  The first time was in 83 with Homer Rhodes and the other time it was with Merrit and Wooster.  There have been allot of beat downs between those two games!!!!!

Look i have watched just about every game for the last 25 years and there has been some close games but for the most part WOS has owned this series.  LCM beat WOS twice and i watched both games.  The first time was in 83 with Homer Rhodes and the other time it was with Merrit and Wooster.  There have been allot of beat downs between those two games!!!!!

Look, Irish.  If you're scared, say you're scared.  Don't schedule WOS then.  But for crying out loud, don't schedule them and then back out.  It has cost both school districts a LOT of money!!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder