Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not there are several LCM parents that are upset about this whole ordeal and they will be making their complaints to the Supt. wednesday.  I think he should be docked 1/10 of his pay since he is not completing 1/10 of his job.  I bet he would prepare that team in two days if that were to happen.  I mean come on look how much this guy is payed to coach and this is what is the result.  My opinion of David Williams has gone WAY up in the last 24 hours.  

You know if you think about it, if the lcm staff starts preparing wednesday for bridge city that will give them nine days of preparation for that game.  By bridge city playing on saturday the cards will only have five days to prepare.  I think Coach Stump should cancel the game with lcm because of lack of preparation time.  Here is another scenario, if Hurricane Ike and Tripical Storm Josephine come close to the gulf the lcm coach may be able to get out of playing even more games.

First, I want to say for the record, I am both an LCM alum and parent of an LCM high school student...

This whole situation is embarassing.  I feel for the entire community but mostly for the kids.  This "cancellation" goes WAY beyond two coaches and two football teams.  

Our school administration needs to wake up and fix this situation NOW!!!  This is ridiculous.  And please don't tell those of us in the LCM community it cannot be fixed... because it can.  The kids deserve it.

And while I am getting stuff off my chest, I cannot believe our athletic director did not address the crowd at our community pep rally last week.  That whole arrangement has to change.  Over half the crowd left before it was even half way over.  There was absolutely no "pep" in that "rally".  Boring.....

As for you mustangs... maybe Coach Hooks can have an intra-squad scrimmage.  Myself, along with many other LCM fans, would love to come watch.

You know if you think about it, if the lcm staff starts preparing wednesday for bridge city that will give them nine days of preparation for that game.  By bridge city playing on saturday the cards will only have five days to prepare.  I think Coach Stump should cancel the game with lcm because of lack of preparation time.  Here is another scenario, if Hurricane Ike and Tripical Storm Josephine come close to the gulf the lcm coach may be able to get out of playing even more games.

:D :D :o

Guest Wildcat 08

Phone at LCM ADMIN Building has been ringing off the wall

A good idea would be for everyone to call LCM HS and talk to the Super Wed Morning!!

I'll call to and i'm from kirbyville

Guest Wildcat 08

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

First, I want to say for the record, I am both an LCM alum and parent of an LCM high school student...

This whole situation is embarassing.  I feel for the entire community but mostly for the kids.  This "cancellation" goes WAY beyond two coaches and two football teams.  

Our school administration needs to wake up and fix this situation NOW!!!  This is ridiculous.  And please don't tell those of us in the LCM community it cannot be fixed... because it can.  The kids deserve it.

And while I am getting stuff off my chest, I cannot believe our athletic director did not address the crowd at our community pep rally last week.  That whole arrangement has to change.  Over half the crowd left before it was even half way over.  There was absolutely no "pep" in that "rally".  Boring.....

As for you mustangs... maybe Coach Hooks can have an intra-squad scrimmage.  Myself, along with many other LCM fans, would love to come watch.

Great post JF!

“This has nothing to do with the game being against West Orange,†Moody said. “If we played on Saturday it would give us a short week to prepare for Bridge City. People are saying we would have two days to prepare. It really is one day of full practice on Thursday and Friday is pre-game. I would like our team to be prepared. We cannot afford to get someone injured. It is about us and getting better for district. I didn’t think playing Saturday was best for us and that is what it is all about.â€

Can someone please explain two things to me:

1)  Since Bridge City is ALSO a non-district game, what does it matter if you have a short week to prepare?  The game doesn't count in your quest for the playoffs!!!!

2)  How does NOT playing a game make you "better for district"?

whats even more sad is the, number of people in the crowd that leaves after the halftime show on the friday nights that the bears do play

You it the nail on the head freak he has quit on his team,  just like he as let them quit and come back over the last couple of years.

I just drove by the practice field about 15 minutes ago, and the LC Little League is already got it together and practicing to play a game this Saturday.  Man it would seem that if a little league team could get it together by today that a highschool should be able to get it together by Thursday.  Not getting some kids back until Friday is bull, school starts Thurday, and they will be back.

The Little Cypress Junior football team ( age 9 and 10 ) practiced for two hours today... and yes we play Saturday!

Here is another idea!  How about the lcm players, fans, community, and assistant coaches come over to Hooks stadium to play, and if the head guy doesn't want to come he doesn't have to.  I mean I normally am not this vocal on subjects, but I can't tell you how COWARDLY of a decision and how POORLY of an example this guy has made!!  I am not even a die hard mustang fan, but this guy is paid to set a certain example to help develop young men.  By this decision, he is basically telling these young men that is ok to not try or run away from a challenge if things get tough or unfair.  Well I got news for this so called head coach at lcm LIFE SOMETIMES ISNT FAIR!!  I believe this guy must have no pride or self esteem to go out like this!!

Guest WOS GRAD 2000

Phone at LCM ADMIN Building has been ringing off the wall

A good idea would be for everyone to call LCM HS and talk to the Super Wed Morning!!

ALSO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS BE SURE TO CALL LCM TELLING THEM TO GIVE YOU A REFUND!!!!

There is no doubt in my mind if Nederland would have beat WOS by three TD's, this game would be played!  I just don't know how this guy can look his kids in the eye after backing out and then staying backed out of the biggest game of the year in this community!!  I truly think that this guy may have burried hisself with this decision!

Sad and pathetic. Sad for the kids and community, pathetic for the coach. For a guy who told his fellow coaches recently he planned to coach in college and "eventually the NFL," it's not a good sign. WO-S had Nederland to prepare for last week when LC-M was off (and ALL of the coaches were scouting). The Stangs have had no more prep time than the bears. Pitiful, Moody. Either man up for the game on Saturday or throw in your coach's hat. This is not just a terrible football decision, but also a terrible example for the young men on the team for whom you provide a model each and every day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder