Moody's decision pulls plug on Orange Bowl

KFDM COOP

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, this is not the message that a leader wants to send to his kids.  Look at last year's game, WO-S was supposed to totally dominate the game, but the result was a last minutes TD for the Mustangs to win the game.

this game is about bragging rights between high schools and their kids.  So many of these kids know one another from every aspect of the game. For a cowardly, under-moraled wannabe coach to just decide not to play...surely something can be done.  How happy is he to be the head coach...is he trying to NOT have his contract renewed.  Can LCM "buy" him out of his contract?  I did hear a nasty rumor about something of that nature happening at BC with their baseball coach.

I hadn't even thought about the financial impact.  Sad, sad example of what a coach shouldn't be. 

I am just returning from evacuation and just learning of this garbage, but you better believe as a season ticket holder that I will be calling mlc tommorrow and finding out about a refund.  Since this was not a weather cancelation, but a coward cancelation they should pay me my money!!!  I GAURANTEE YOU I WONT BE THE ONLY ONE MAKING THE CALL!!

He does have 2 children, but lets not drag them in to this.

noone is "dragging" them into anyone...i asked a simple question.  Please do not read more into my post than a simple question.  Actually, as a head football coach, he has many more than two...he just needs to figure out how to be a positive example to ALL of them.

Yes, it was very sad to see Moody not step up at the Community Pep Rally like he has done in the previous years to talk about the team and the upcoming year. They are a young team and it will probably be a very tough year but you have to start somewhere. He should have at least showed the leadership of an AD and said they have been working hard and they were going to go out EVERY WEEK and do the best that they can....win or lose! Instead he goes on about how young they are and tells parents at a meeting "that they aren't using mouthpieces this year, he is giving them pacifers." He has to give the respect to the kids, coaches and community in order to receive it!

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

Sad and pathetic. Sad for the kids and community, pathetic for the coach. For a guy who told his fellow coaches recently he planned to coach in college and "eventually the NFL," it's not a good sign. WO-S had Nederland to prepare for last week when LC-M was off (and ALL of the coaches were scouting). The Stangs have had no more prep time than the bears. Pitiful, Moody. Either man up for the game on Saturday or throw in your coach's hat. This is not just a terrible football decision, but also a terrible example for the young men on the team for whom you provide a model each and every day.

Really ? BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  moody coaching Highschool is odd enough ! :D:o

Instead he goes on about how young they are and tells parents at a meeting "that they aren't using mouthpieces this year, he is giving them pacifers." He has to give the respect to the kids, coaches and community in order to receive it!

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

did he really say that?

Yes, it was very sad to see Moody not step up at the Community Pep Rally like he has done in the previous years to talk about the team and the upcoming year. They are a young team and it will probably be a very tough year but you have to start somewhere. He should have at least showed the leadership of an AD and said they have been working hard and they were going to go out EVERY WEEK and do the best that they can....win or lose! Instead he goes on about how young they are and tells parents at a meeting "that they aren't using mouthpieces this year, he is giving them pacifers." He has to give the respect to the kids, coaches and community in order to receive it!

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

??? pacifiers? That aint good!

Guest Dirk Diggler

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

Be sure to call LCM school Wednesday!

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

he would have been gone if i was the Supt.

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

he would have been gone if i was the Supt.

Moody obviously has difficulty making the right decision. The pacifier comment was very poor as was the game cancellation.

The problem I see is this: in his mind, Moody is already a step past LC-M. It's a stepping stone that is no longer worth seeing his personal record shredded. If he chooses to off this game and, at the end of the year, move on to another school, it's very important that both WO-S, LC-M, and fans of TX HS football in general let the administration know that Moody is a chicken who will never take a risk to improve his team. If this is really the decision he makes, he is a loser. Right?

EVERYONE CALL LCM ADMINISTRATION BUILDING TOMORROW.  THIS IS A TRAVESTY.  THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A GAME, IT IS ABOUT GIVING YOUNG TEENAGERS A POSITIVE EXAMPLE IN LIFE.  DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN TIMES GET HARD,  KEEP FIGHTING.  NEVER GIVE UP MOODY!!!!!!!!  JIMMY VALVANO FOUGHT A HARD FIGHT AGAINST CANCER TO THE VERY END.  HIS WORDS WERE TO NEVER GIVE UP.  I DO NOT THINK HE SAID FIND A WAY OUT.  

WORD IS HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS EVEN BEFORE THE STORM CAME.  THEY WERE HOPING THAT IT HIT SO HE WOULD NOT HAVE TO PLAY.  TERRIBLE EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUTH OF LCM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin