**POST SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE**

Dayton's offense gave West Orange 14 points.  THe big two (Cody Green and AJ Dugat)did not play in the 2nd half but had over 300 yards of offense in the first half.  The 2nd team QB marched Dayton up and down the field in the second half but a couple of miscues kept the score close.  Don't be fooled by the score WOS was outmatched tonight.

Can't argue with that, Dayton dominated tonight. Green and Dugat looked good as did the backup QB. The other Dayton recievers also did very well. WOS had chances deep in Dayton territory, but came up empty as well as the dropped deep ball that was wide open, but other than that, it was all Dayton. I truly hope it's because Dayton is that good and not that were that bad.

If you don't bring some heat on Green he will pick you apart. The Dayton O-line looked very good too. Green mowed the lawn, did the laundry and took out the trash and still had time to throw back there.

I really think Dayton is going to do some great things this year. WOS will be ok, we just ran into a buzz saw tonight. It will probably be the best team we see all year, which is tough in your first bit of action. Our coaches will regroup the kids and we'll be just fine! ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if some of you were really at the Ned/Kelly/Silsbee scrimmage.  They really didn't do a first team/second team scrimmage.  They just rotated some 2nd team guys mixed in with 1st team.

Nederland:  Both Krautz and Grogan looked good.  Krautz got injured ( I believe he hyper-extended his right knee). Brady cought a long TD pass. I was pleased with the O-line, some nice big holes and pass protected well.  the D looked good only giving up a couple of gains of more than 10 yrds. 

Kelly: I was surpried by how good their skill players were!!

Silsbee:  Isn't their QB supossed to be highly recruited???  WOW.  I was not impressed at all!!

Are you referring to me? I watched the first set of plays for each team. Normally, the starters work in the first set and the backups in the second. I left after that. If that's not how it worked today then I'm sorry, sure as heck wasn't trying to insult you, jeez!

However, in each teams first set of plays, Kelly was the only team to score. Krautz looked good and the other back (#2, the big guy) didn't have positive yards rushing. I left after the first set of plays which I made pretty clear in my original post.

Hardin and Liberty- Hardin's first team dominated Liberty on both sides. Liberty had one decent drive, their first touchdown. Their second touchdown, they were being handled pretty easily and were probably third and about twenty when they broke one for their second touchdown. Liberty used 15 plays to score their first, Hardin only needed 7. Hardin's second drive ended on the two yard line when they ran out of plays. Liberty's third drive netted them about negative twenty yards. Hardin didn't get a third drive. Right after Hardin manhandled Liberty's third drive, it was time to do "game like" play and Liberty's coaches decided they didn't want to scrimmage anymore. Liberty has more depth, their second and third teams did well. Liberty looks to have a long year.  

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but this is a terrible post. Liberty 4- Hardin 1. Also Hardin's second drive didn't end because they ran out of plays. It ended because it was 4th and 1, and we stopped yall for a loss. That's how drives end. And Haynes was the one that ended it.. Get your facts straight.

Guest dawg4life

I remember several years ago a Jasper group under Danny Lauve go to Mid County and get crushed in a scrimmage...End result? They lost to Burnet in the 3A state championship.

Scrimmages=controlled practices.

;) ;)

very good point you mention..............but being the dawg4life that i am (jasper dawg that is) just a f.y.i  for future reference  the DAWGS lost to Burnet in the state semi's 2002 and 2003 before finally playing Gilmer in 2004 for the state champ.

by the way the crushing was returned today to mid county via the 5-1 victory over png played at the BoneYard.

dayton, YES  LOOKED GOOD i must agree.these kids came out and did what thay had to do,there SHORT PASSING game eat up west orange-stark.the mustangs  corners ans LBs did a (POOR JOB) all night long, looks to me  like this is going to be a problem the mustangs must try and fix somehow if it can be fixed at all.daytons OL DID A SUPER JOB  the OB  could have read the paper (NO PRESSER AT ALL) from the  mustangs ,very poor :o :o :o :o ,i feel sure the mustang  will work on that i hope. i ws watching both coaching staff,s on the sidelines and looking at wo-s  thay were  very relaxed all night not excited at all but looking at dayton wow you would thought it was the super bowel.  dayton will go a LONG WAY this year and for wo-s we will just haft to see

Who did Wo-s have at corners and safety? Cause we did lose key players in these positions. Giving up 28 points is unheard of for us. I'm sure at this point the coaches are just trying people out in different positions, but definately whoever they had at these positions, didn't do a very good job. Still early, so I'm not worried.

Guest SunCat

I like what somebody posted :

Scrimmages = Controlled practices

That is all they are.

But 4A schools (Nederland) should still dominate 3A (Silsbee) and 2A sized teams (Kelly).

i am not sure sorry,but thay did a POOR JOB thats just me thinking it i am sure the coaches will FIX IT (PLEASE HURRY LOL).also this part upset me the mustangs  LEFT THE PASSING LANES OPEN all night thats NOT GOOD. WHAT HAS HAPPNED TO THE (BIG HITTERS) on  the  mustangs

yeah, that's why I asked. When you give up 28 points usually it's because you gave up too much in the passing game. I'm sure they were showing watered down versions of their defense like most teams do in scrimmages, but missed assignments should never happen. As I said, I'm not worried...we Have coach Thompson anchoring that defense. I know if he feels someone isn't consistantly doing their job on defense, then he won't hesitate to replace them. He will have the defense together before the season starts.

this is just me speaking i  saw  NO ONE , garrett i felt a little sorry for the kid he did it all on his own (NO BLOCKING) whats so ever,dayton was all over him like a blanket. wo-s  QB had very little time to look downfield he was  running out of the pocket most the night. I DID NOT SEE NO ONE that stood out for wo-s at all    but thats just me speaking

Guest bleed orange

Oh my God we have a true to life Vidor fan on here talking crap about someoone being middle of the pack.  You have got to be kidding me.  Go and cheer on your lower end 4A team and be quiet. 

Dayton's offense gave West Orange 14 points.  THe big two (Cody Green and AJ Dugat)did not play in the 2nd half but had over 300 yards of offense in the first half.  The 2nd team QB marched Dayton up and down the field in the second half but a couple of miscues kept the score close.  Don't be fooled by the score WOS was outmatched to

You should have rolled your a 4A School, WO-S is a middle of the pack 3A, which by the way beat you in  A REAL GAME LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE.

Vidor V Ball was not cutting WOS down. I took it as, they where saying WOS has enrollment numbers that are middle of the pack in 3A. Not middle of the pack in football.

Guest 1armpirate

Message boards have this argument every year about a scrimmage. A scrimmage is to go in there with different kids in different positins and see who plays the best or gives the best effort.

there is no game plan just basic plays that you have been working on.a scrimmage is just an intense practice that has you going against another team instead of your own .

I know people will argue all day about it, but thats all it is..'

I live in houston and i watched the WOS scrimmage over here in Dayton.Dayton is for real and has alot of speed..Green is big and fast.

WOS is its usual WOS.not alot of kids but always puts out a quality product..SPEED,SPEED,SPEED..

Both teams will do great this year.

most coaches know who they will start.BUT if there is a kid who is a backup they might want to look at him starting in a position soemwhere else where they are lacking depth.It is to get "looks" and reps  as much as possible so they can go back, look at film and see who will be a better fit for what they are trying to do..

i agree with you on something in your post the wo-s team has some work to do and i do hope thay can find the kids that can do the job SOON. dayton (YES) is very very good i like what i saw in them lots of team speed and (LOTS OF SIZE) on both sides of the ball. the mustangs will always be a small team as thay have been for a lot of years that will never change. dayton is a very gifted team this year and should  do well ,i wish them all the luck this year.    PS wo-s did not show dayton alot of sets on off  that part i liked

I thought that WOS didn't look all that bad.  Have to keep in mind that they were playing a 4A team. I am sure they will do just fine in 3A.  Who is WOS's 2nd string QB.  We were watching him in the entire second half, I think his humber is 13, and he was holding his own pretty much with Dayton's defense.

I think it was a great practice for both teams

Can't wait for the season to start.  2 more weeks!

I remember several years ago a Jasper group under Danny Lauve go to Mid County and get crushed in a scrimmage...End result? They lost to Burnet in the 3A state championship.

Scrimmages=controlled practices.

;) ;)

very good point you mention..............but being the dawg4life that i am (jasper dawg that is) just a f.y.i  for future reference  the DAWGS lost to Burnet in the state semi's 2002 and 2003 before finally playing Gilmer in 2004 for the state champ.

by the way the crushing was returned today to mid county via the 5-1 victory over png played at the BoneYard.

hahaha ill admit that. yall didnt crush us  but we got beat pretty bad. just couldnt wrap up and finish the tackle was our main problem. still need to fix many things. move a couple of players around and what not. but overall i think we'll be pretty good this year from what i saw. heard we had some key players out dud to injuries but will be back soon.

--just from what i saw last night  i wouldnt be surprised if jasper went deep into the playoffs and maybe made a state run at the title.. they have a very good team and they swarm to the football

I thought that WOS didn't look all that bad.  Have to keep in mind that they were playing a 4A team. I am sure they will do just fine in 3A.  Who is WOS's 2nd string QB.  We were watching him in the entire second half, I think his humber is 13, and he was holding his own pretty much with Dayton's defense.

I think it was a great practice for both teams

Can't wait for the season to start.  2 more weeks!

#13 is the starting QB. He played, nearly, the entire game because he needs the reps. WOS will be fine. In 2000, we lost a scrimmage to Lumberton then went on to the 4A state finals. We knew Dayton would be good, they went to the semi-finals in 4A last year and return most of that team. It was a good test and showed us what we have to work on. Good luck to Dayton.

I left the three headed scrimmage between Ned/Kelly/Silsbee after the first teams played. Kelly was the only team that scored. Kelly went against Silsbee's D. Silsbee went against Nederland's D and Ned went against Kelly's D. Nederland had a long drive stall inside the Kelly 30 and Silsbee had a drive stall inside the Ned 40, that's as close as they got.

Overall, Kelly and Nederland's offenses moved the ball well. Nederland's D looked pretty good against Silsbee's O.

What stould out to me was the Nederland running back, (#22) don't know his name. The Ned QB looked pretty good as well. The Ned O line looked smallish compared to years past, but they looked athletic which is good if they are going to run the spread. I was also impressed with the Kelly running back (#2) as well as Kelly's QB.

Sounded like a good scrimmage. Liberty scrimmages Kelly Thursday. I believe we'll have our hands full if they were able to hang with Silsbee and Nederland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder