**POST SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE**

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krautz and Wareall Grogan will run the ball for Ned this season. Kelly RB is Ozen transfer Lorenza Patterson, who was 2nd team all-district in 20-4A last year.

Thanks Coop #2. Krautz definitely had a much better scrimmage than Grogan. I think both carries I saw from him went for negative yards (Grogan).

Wes57

Senior

Re: Game Scrimmages Saturday! Where Will You Be?

« Reply #34 on: Today at 01:19:42 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just a scrimmage and both teams got some good work in. For Liberty, I thought they looked really sharp on offense and ran the ball with authority most of the day. Lots of good running backs and the offensive line pretty much controlled the line of scrimmage. The Liberty defense looked good other than the one run by Villamez ( that boy is awesome ). I dont think Hardin had a run over 5 yards besides the one by Villamez for the TD. Liberty needs better play from their cornerbacks. Hardin completed about 3 passes downfield that I thought all of them shoulda been intercepted. The QB from Hardin was running for his life most of the day and most of his passes were just thrown up for grabs. They are really going to miss last years QB Nolan. I thought other than Villamez the other bright spots for Hardin were their receivers, who I think are pretty young but they do go after the ball. The Stelly kid is also all over the field on defense and made some good plays. I think what Hardin lacks is depth which I guess that comes from being a 2A school. Liberty definitly needs work at the corners and better pass protection. All in all I think it was a productive scrimmage for both teams and it showed what they need to work on.  For the record, Liberty's first team scored 2 tds to Hardins 1. Hardin was stopped at the goal line on their 2nd possesion. Liberty's backups scored twice to hardins 0.

Report to moderator    198.66.85.190 

I wonder if some of you were really at the Ned/Kelly/Silsbee scrimmage.  They really didn't do a first team/second team scrimmage.  They just rotated some 2nd team guys mixed in with 1st team.

Nederland:  Both Krautz and Grogan looked good.  Krautz got injured ( I believe he hyper-extended his right knee). Brady cought a long TD pass. I was pleased with the O-line, some nice big holes and pass protected well.  the D looked good only giving up a couple of gains of more than 10 yrds. 

Kelly: I was surpried by how good their skill players were!!

Silsbee:  Isn't their QB supossed to be highly recruited???  WOW.  I was not impressed at all!!

HD beat Warren 5 to nothing. HD looked really balenced will not throw as much but probably will have quite a few passing yards because our running game is going to be as good as it has been in years. A Cook and K. Gilmore both run for TDs. Elliott connected with D. Fountain and J. Fregia for TD passes and Fountain had an int. for a TD

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder