Who Will Have The #1 Defense In 20 4A?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... nederland tackled best last year out of all the teams. to many of the other teams would go for a K O shot and either miss or get taken by surprise. ned has best fundamentals i would say. we probably have the best pass d

You're trying to tell us(well those with a football IQ) Ned was the best tackling team when 1)they gave up 200+ yards rushing per game, and 2) got blasted 63-0 plus giving up 63 points the previous year--with an All American on your defense?  Man please......

well... nederland tackled best last year out of all the teams. to many of the other teams would go for a K O shot and either miss or get taken by surprise. ned has best fundamentals i would say. we probably have the best pass d

You're trying to tell us(well those with a football IQ) Ned was the best tackling team when 1)they gave up 200+ yards rushing per game, and 2) got blasted 63-0 plus giving up 63 points the previous year--with an All American on your defense?  Man please......

I notice that you didn't offer up any team for having the best defense. Maybe because both of your teams stunk it up last year too. But hey, if you can get your cheap little shot at a MC team, then do it, huh? Wow, what a man.....and your IQ is????

I think Nederland's defense will be much improved. The Dayton game was just one of those games where they did everything right. We handed it to them several years ago in the playoffs with Hood not even playing the second half. But of course, you wouldn't want to bring that up, now would you?

Of course he wouldn't.  Remember the play with Laird as QB(or maybe Hood was still in)?  He rolls out, drops the ball , the ball bounces back into his hands and he throws a 60 yard TD to Butler.  Who was that against?  Some games everything goes right for one side.

Anyway, we should be improved on defense if we go back to basics.

Of course he wouldn't.  Remember the play with Laird as QB(or maybe Hood was still in)?  He rolls out, drops the ball , the ball bounces back into his hands and he throws a 60 yard TD to Butler.  Who was that against?  Some games everything goes right for one side.

Anyway, we should be improved on defense if we go back to basics.

We were talking about that last night---ball is dropped and the safety--McQueen---leaves his coverage and gets burned----55-14 if I remember correctly

I notice that you didn't offer up any team for having the best defense. Maybe because both of your teams stunk it up last year too. But hey, if you can get your cheap little shot at a MC team, then do it, huh? Wow, what a man.....and your IQ is????

I think Nederland's defense will be much improved. The Dayton game was just one of those games where they did everything right. We handed it to them several years ago in the playoffs with Hood not even playing the second half. But of course, you wouldn't want to bring that up, now would you?

Nobody cares what happend years ago as you put it.  This is a 'what have you done for me lately' situation and all Ned has done is finished mid-way to near the bottom in total defense.  To answer your question, Central and Ozen not necessarily in that order.....

I hate to admit it but I'll have to agree with SFA  :-\ :-\ :-\ I think Ozen and Central. PNG is going to be young and inexperienced so I guess we'll find out what we'll have after the first game or two. One thing I think were going to lack is a big hitter, someone who'll make you think twice about coming across the middle. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

;D ;D ;D

I hate to admit it but I'll have to agree with SFA  :-\ :-\ :-\ I think Ozen and Central. PNG is going to be young and inexperienced so I guess we'll find out what we'll have after the first game or two. One thing I think were going to lack is a big hitter, someone who'll make you think twice about coming across the middle. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

;D ;D ;D

png d-line was mean last yr

;D ;D ;D

Yeah but only returning 1 defensive starter from last year.

;D ;D ;D

Yeah but only returning 1 defensive starter from last year.

i think you guys might of had the best d-ends in the district..........

Nobody cares what happend years ago as you put it.  This is a 'what have you done for me lately' situation and all Ned has done is finished mid-way to near the bottom in total defense.  To answer your question, Central and Ozen not necessarily in that order.....

...then why bring up last year? Where is that line drawn and who drew it?

Central's and Ozen's defenses weren't stellar last season either, so why would we think they would be the best this year? Nederland's defenses of the past have been very good, bordering on excellent. The past couple of seasons, the playmakers just weren't there. This year will be different. Why don't you just talk up your team and quit trying to put mine down so much. Don't you have any other outlet for your frustration?

2004 20-4A Defensive rankings..................10 games..................................district..

rush..............pass.............total........avg.........pf.......pa

1.Nederland......................1058.............1270.............2328........232.8......231.....83

2.Ozen.............................1319.............1250............2569........256.9......173.....112

3.Lumberton......................1682.............1051............2733........273.3......74......149

4.PNG..............................1658.............1185............2870.........287.0.....199......111

5.Vidor.............................1189.............1485............2674.........297.1.....113......155

6.LCM..............................2040.............945..............2985.........298.5.....86........170

7.Central..........................2330.............1313............3643..........364.3.....92........178

It's only been 3 seasons since Nederland was on top in 20-4A

Held 23-4A Champion Texas City to 97 total yds in 1st game

8 - 4 with all 4 losses by a combined 11pts

Our defensive coaches are fine, from 1997 - 2004 Nederland's defense's came to play

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder