PNG Stadium Pics

We're a growing community! Once another School or 2 gets Turf our Folks will get it.

Lumberton is definately a growing community, but they are for 1 main reason...lower taxes.  For that  reason, I don't see them voting for more taxes.  If folks are going to pay high taxes, they'd probably just move back to the big city and save themselves the gas and traffic.

Heck, the gas is probably more costly than any money they thought they were saving.

Maybe they are lower than what you are used too  but for our area they are ridiculous.  Town is stagnated and you can barely drive through that area without losing time.  Used to be a 15 minute trip to Beaumont from Silsbee.  Now it takes a half hour on a good day.

Lower taxes...???  Please, why do you think the bond failed.  I don't care what they say. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the tax rates for Hardin County:

Entity Code  Enity Homestead Over-65 Disabled Local Option Tax Rate

Hardin-Jeff ISD 15,000 10,000 10,000 15% 1.485

West Hardin ISD 15,000 10,000 10,000 0 1.69

Kountze ISD 15,000 10,000 10,000 10% 1.5

Lumberton ISD 15,000 10,000 10,000 0 1.456

Silsbee ISD 15,000 10,000 10,000 0 1.62

City of Silsbee 0 10,000 0 20% 0.37

City of Kountze 0 20,000 0 0 0.45

City of Sour Lake 0 10,000 10,000 0 0.45

City of Rose Hill 0 0 0 0 0.057742

Silsbee Fire #2 0 0 0 0 0.03

Batson Fire #4 0 0 0 0 0.03

EMSD #3-Saratoga 0 0 0 0 0.07

EMSD #1-Kountze 0 0 0 0 0.05

EMSD #2-Lumberton 0 5,000 5,000 0 0.08

EMDS #5-Sour Lake 0 0 0 0 0.048949

H C WCID #1 0 5,000 0 0 0.531417

Lumberton MUD 0 10,000 10,000 20% .18428

Hardin County 0 10,000 10,000 20% 0.58

If you notice, Lumberton is a municiple district and not an incorporated city.

I wonder why 'INDIANS" was painted in the end zones. They're going to need a big ol' eraser when the UIL outlaws the use of native american symbols. It's just a matter of time. All it's going to take is one lawsuit by one person who feels offended and the PNG Indians will be no more.

I wonder why 'INDIANS" was painted in the end zones. They're going to need a big ol' eraser when the UIL outlaws the use of native american symbols. It's just a matter of time. All it's going to take is one lawsuit by one person who feels offended and the PNG Indians will be no more.

Wrong.

Not happening in this lifetime. Florida State? There would end up being an all out riot ;D

Florida State has permission from the NCAA to retain "Seminoles" on a temporary basis. They have the endorsement of the Seminole tribal authorities, so have been treated differently than the other NCAA schools that were required to change immediately. That to will change in short order because not all Seminoles are represented by this authority.

As for PNG, they'll do what they are told to by the UIL and / or courts. I just don't see 'rioting in the streets' over the hope of keeping a symbol insulting native Americans. A pimple faced white kid jumping around doing some sort of faux 'war dance' wearing purple feathers (from a purple bird I guess) is not they way native American culture should be represented.

That letter (if there is really one) and $5 will get you a cappuccino at Starbucks. Hope that's the district's defense for the right to continued to use of a racist symbol when the UIL comes down on them.

I here by set the over and under at 3 years. The UIL is already looking at the use of mascots that degrade the native American culture and I can see the directive coming down the pipe by next year.

Peace

Will Happen. The ball is already rolling, so to speak. They're a lot of good mascots out the that don't degrade other people's culture and history. You'll just have to get over it.  I don't think the kids could care less anyway. They just want to play. It's the middle aged has-beens that cling to the glory days of their youth who think this change will be the end of the world as we all know it.

There is nothing degrading about how the PN-G Indians represent the Cherokee nation.  Like I said, the school has been presented with the official seal of the Cherokee Indians.  As long as they have their support, that is all that matters.  Not the opinion of some outsider who seems to know how the Native Americans of this area feel about this subject.  Congrats for speaking up for a group of people who did not ask for your help. 

That letter (if there is really one) and $5 will get you a cappuccino at Starbucks. Hope that's the district's defense for the right to continued to use of a racist symbol when the UIL comes down on them.

I here by set the over and under at 3 years. The UIL is already looking at the use of mascots that degrade the native American culture and I can see the directive coming down the pipe by next year.

Peace

dude, why do you care? i dont go to pn-g. but the is nothin wrong with the name indians.

so chill. ignorant comments not welcome  :)

The new Baytown school choose the "Patriots" as there mascot. So does that mean that any red blooded american patriot should be offended. A team or school doesn't pick a mascot that is going to make them look bad. I would consider it an honor to have a team named after my ancestors. I can see it now the "Mixed Breeds".  ;D

uknowit, it is people like YOU who keep the subject of racism alive.  If it weren't for folks like yourself, then the issue would die off, but you will not let it because it gives you something unproductive to do and think about all day. What is your problem with the word/mascot anyway?  If you don't like it, either stay away from anything PNG, or move.  Why should they have to change the name because you don't like it? It's not like it is causing you any physical or mental pain or threatening you in any way.  Just spare everybody and stop this childish act.

Will Happen. The ball is already rolling, so to speak. They're a lot of good mascots out the that don't degrade other people's culture and history. You'll just have to get over it.  I don't think the kids could care less anyway. They just want to play. It's the middle aged has-beens that cling to the glory days of their youth who think this change will be the end of the world as we all know it.

Educate yourself before you post more ignorant blabber.

click link:

This is the hidden content, please

You are a jackass. Try having a clue about what you are talking about. I can assure you the kids care as well as the community. Where are you from?

for those to lazy to click 92's link.........

here is what is said.

The choice of "Indians" as the PN-G school nickname in 1925 was likely influenced by the rich local history. Port Neches was once the home of the only Indian village in Jefferson County, Texas. As early as 500 AD, Nacazil, Attakapas, Karankawa and other Indian tribes once made their home on a high bluff overlooking the Neches River that later became the town of Port Neches. In 1980, Port Neches-Groves High School was presented the official seal of the Cherokee Nation.

You are a jackass. Try having a clue about what you are talking about. I can assure you the kids care as well as the community. Where are you from?

for those to lazy to click 92's link.........

here is what is said.

The choice of "Indians" as the PN-G school nickname in 1925 was likely influenced by the rich local history. Port Neches was once the home of the only Indian village in Jefferson County, Texas. As early as 500 AD, Nacazil, Attakapas, Karankawa and other Indian tribes once made their home on a high bluff overlooking the Neches River that later became the town of Port Neches. In 1980, Port Neches-Groves High School was presented the official seal of the Cherokee Nation.

so shut up uknowit.

cause you certainly don't kno anything. no one is trying to get ride of the nickname indians, so please save yourself the trouble.. and dont post again

There is no need to tell him to shut up.  He can believe what he wants to.  His opinion does sound far fetched though.  It just a mascot.  Its kind of like if animal rights people tell us to stop using a Jaguar as a mascot since they are an endangered species. 

I don't see how a school mascot that is done tastefully (as is the case with PNG)can be construed as racist. IMHO,  There is nothing derogatory at all about the way PNG sybolizes the Native American. I believe it is done with the utmost dignity, respect and tradition. Is there something derogotory about PNG using Cherokee as their school song??  What about their

Indian Spirit??? The dance that Spirit does from what I;ve read and heard is done according to Native American custom and tradition as well as dress style.

As a Bulldofg fan, I've seen many MCM games and not once have I seen anything done in any way to disrespect the Native American people.  Also as Akifan earlier posted, the school was presented with the official seal of the Cherokee nation in 1980.  That in itself convinces me that PNG honors the Native American culture.

PS...what I've seen of the new Reservation..it looks  AWESOME..  Good luck with it Cross-the track  neighbors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu