*HJ vs. Silsbee/LISTEN TO GAME HERE/71-69 SILSBEE WINS/COMMENTS*

HJ begins game with 2 Free Throws from JV game from altercation.

a technical that carried over from the JV game?  I've never heard of that before...

I have never heard of that before either. Only thing I can think of is that the refs called it on a fan and not a player after the game had concluded.

Silsbee leads after 1st 23-18

We were told the freethrows were because Silsbee dunked during pregame warm-up.  They also got the ball after the shots.

Absolutely great game!!!!    (Not really TheT12 but her mom ---didn't want to sign-in---I'm tired after that game! )

HJ begins game with 2 Free Throws from JV game from altercation.

a technical that carried over from the JV game?  I've never heard of that before...

I have never heard of that before either. Only thing I can think of is that the refs called it on a fan and not a player after the game had concluded.

Silsbee leads after 1st 23-18

We were told the freethrows were because Silsbee dunked during pregame warm-up.   They also got the ball after the shots.

Absolutely great game!!!!    (Not really TheT12 but her mom ---didn't want to sign-in---I'm tired after that game! )

Ah, should have known. Didn't think of the pregame dunking.

Great, Great game!!!!!!!  Silsbee came out on fire just as HJ did at HJ.  10-0 to start the game.  HJ was down by as many as 15 on one or two occassions.  HJ clawed back and everytime either Shannon, 3 or 20 (sorry don't know the names) would make a big shot.  Silsbee I thought played a excellent game and had a great gameplan to keep Jarvis out of sync.  Congrats to Silsbee and look forward to the playoff game for first place on either Friday, Feb. 15 or Saturday, Feb. 16th at the Montagne!!!  That is assumming that HJ and Silsbee both win out.  Both will have tough games at OF.

First of all, I would like to say kudos to Silsbee on a great win. The district is tied up for first. Silsbee played a great from top to bottom. HJ made a comeback in the 2nd half which totally surprised me with the way they were playing in the 1st half.

1qt: Silsbee started at 10-0 run to get it hyped up in that packed Tiger Den. They were on Jarvis all qt. he only had 2 point I believe during that qt. HJ made too many turnovers at the start of the game. and that what kept them from taking the lead. Silsbee defense came away with some fast breaks points by Robinson, Willis, and Howard.

2qt: Silsbee started a great 2nd qt. They went on to expand their lead. HJ still couldn't find out what they were missing to get back in the game. #21, #5, and #13 step up for Jarvis during this qt. when he couldn't get no shot. Silsbee played defense again to stop HJ offense. Fast break point kept them up alot again.

3qt: Silsbee again played a good first couple minutes of the qt. and then that when everything started to go HJ way. HJ started playing their type of defense and were getting fast break points. Jarvis started making points in this period. D.K and Binky step up as Seniors does and took over rest of that period. Darian Dodis did a good job getting some point in the paint and Jesse Coleman. HJ trailed by 3 at the end of buzzer.

4qt: Things got hot with both squad while they made a couple jump shots to start the period. It seems as there was some hassling going on with some players. In the paint both squad were going crazy over the rebounds. Pushing and shoveling were happen while fighting for them rebounds. Robinson started to get some more point in this period along with Willis and Howard. Jarvis had his shared of point too. At the end of buzzer Silsbee came away with the lead so that mean they won.

Highlight of the game all players of Silsbee played a big role in this game. Even if they had 1 or 2 point they all did great on defense and rebounding and offensive. Howard lead Silsbee with 22 point and follow Robinson with 16 and Willis with 15. Silsbee kept Jarvis with a season low at 13 point.

Nice recap, Master T.  Congrats to Silsbee on a hard-fought W!

I surely wish my Hawks were a little more focused on the free throw line.  Those two missed technical FTs to start the game wound up being our margin of loss-- of course, you could pick any other two missed FTs (we had so darn many to choose from!)-- and sort of gave me a bad feeling at the start.

do you see how h-j took the lose in the varsity game..... they were sad but still congratulated silbsee for there EARNED victory..... but what about the jv game when your player tryed to fight one of are guys that was doing nothing....can't take a lose?.... win with pride and loose with pride...silsbee needs to learn it...

about the game...

great win silsbee, yall earned it, yall came out on fire and h-j could not do anything till a minute an half left in the 1st half.....h-j picked it up but just was not enough....great win silsbee....

Same story last night as when HJ played WOS - too many turnovers & too many missed free throws.  If HJ doesn't start focusing more on these things they won't have to worry about playing a tiebreaker with Silsbee for the district title.

haha and if they don't worry about it.....who will stop them?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine