If you could pick one coach and one player...

So if you say in one sentence that you can't compare them due to not being in the same classification, then in the next paragraph proclaim that given the same talent Todd would get more out of them is just.....dumb.  Actually it is a slap in the face to Boutte if you ask me.  Let me ask you this...would Wade Phillips (Cowboys) get more out of his guys than Tony Dungy would? Oh, I get it Wade is ----- and Tony is -----, so therefore in YOUR mind Wade would be better....OK, NOW I get it! ::)...Gimme a break.

You are kidding me....By the way I think Toney Dungee is a much better coach than Wade I don't care what ----- he is. I think Toney gets a lot more out of his players than Wade. So that blows your theory out of the water, but I would have to say I expected a comment like that comming from you.

From what I have seen no one has said Boutte was a bad coach even though thats what you are trying to make it.

Man think before you speak.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

You CAN'T say that, because it is so obvious, BUT you guys are putting an asterik on everything that he has done by saying that he has more to work with.  He has won with "less" before, trust me...In 1993 he took a team of midgets to the championship game and was within a free throw of winning another title at Lincoln. How about LAST season...a bunch of sophmores, a freshman guard, a few underclassmen, and Kris Richards...State finals. But I guess those youngsters were sooooo much better than everybody else, right? THAT is what I am talking about. HOW CAN YOU GAGE WHO DOES MORE WITH LESS?

Guest DickVitale

Naw, I don't care who is better in public opinion, but, it does not prevent them both from being great.  Todd can really coach and knows how to build a great program, but no one is accusing him of having "better players", or recruiting or any other nonsense.  ;)

This is dumb i tell you who i would get how bout Coach Fred Williams and J'Covan Brown Neither Bouttie nor sutherland has achieved what he has but coaches right now no doubt Coach Sutherland he is the best coach out there and oh yeah what about the state championships he won at LCM and EC yall forgot those.

Guest stevenash

Both coaches obviously enjoy working in established programs with good traditions.  I suspect any decent coach would do well at either of those schools.  Maybe a better way to look at it would be to compare how they did at schools who did not have particularly great traditions at the time they were there.  Maybe you should look how Boutte did at Kountze versus how Sutherland did at East Chambers.

I don't remember if Boutte was a head coach at a school before Kountze.

Both coaches obviously enjoy working in established programs with good traditions.  I suspect any decent coach would do well at either of those schools.  Maybe a better way to look at it would be to compare how they did at schools who did not have particularly great traditions at the time they were there.  Maybe you should look how Boutte did at Kountze versus how Sutherland did at East Chambers.

now if im not mistaking boutee came to ozen when the school first open and there werent any seniors at ozen at the so i would consider that as being at a program that is unestablished....................and if im not mistaking doesnt boutee have the most wins than any other highschool basketball coach in texas??

now if im not mistaking boutee came to ozen when the school first open and there werent any seniors at ozen at the so i would consider that as being at a program that is unestablished....................and if im not mistaking doesnt boutee have the most wins than any other highschool basketball coach in texas??

No, he doesn't have the most wins of any high school basketball coach in Texas, active or retired.

Guest nostradamus

uhhhh......there is a man named Robert Hughes of a very unknown high school by the name of uhhhh....Fort Worth Dunbar.....who uhhhh.....not only has the most wins ever in the state of Texas but......uhhhh.....the most wins in the entire nation EVER.

Fort Worth High School coach Robert Hughes retires after 47 seasons with most victories in the country; son succeeds him

Jet,  May 16, 2005 

After 47 years of inspiring others and setting records, Robert Hughes, the nation's all-time winningest boys basketball coach, has announced his retirement.

Hughes, 76, who began his coaching career at Fort Worth's (TX) I.M. Terrell and then Dunbar for the last 31 seasons, leaves with 1,333 wins and a combined five state titles, including one in 2003.

"It's time to do the Ray Charles. I'm going to hit the road, Jack," Hughes said. "I'm in great health; I've been doing this for 47 years. It's time to take a walk."

Hughes said the decision to retire was difficult, but not worrisome. "I don't have any fear about it. It was a great ride."

Boutte and Jamar Gulley!!!

Boutte is prolific at getting the best out of his talent and will use Jamar in the paint on smaller defenders as well as his off the ball skillz..

Gulley is a 6'4" BIG guard with quick hands and good skills (and tremendous upside)...  And he is a Junior so Boutte will have two years to win with this kid

Runner up is Southerland and DeCarlos Frank!

Southerland is known to play a runnig style that fits guards perfectly. In this system DeCarlos should flurish because he can free style a little.  And the kid is a Sophmore giving Southerland three years to win with him.

This post said in the area so let's leave Dallas out of it!!!  And to start a school y in the heck would you want a senior (Thomas, Brown, etc.)? ::)

I picked Thomas because this is a perfect roll model for the Underclassmen to look up to.  If you start with him, you cant go wrong.  Just because you have him for 1 year, doesn't mean that your next season  won't be a successful one.

If i had 1 coach and 1 player to start a new school this is easy i'll do what the league does take a good coach Boutte and center defensive stopper athletic freak Willie Jefferson .basketball starts with controlling the middle

Great point.  It does start in the paint. But don't you think that's a little biased since your an Ozen fan and all?  And I also think that it doesn't take a lot of coaching to teach a big man to control the middle.  Jefferson relies more on his athletic ability.  Not much coaching needed here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin