125 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Kirbyville
    • Newton

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh..it is not like Newton fans went silent.  As a rule, Newton does not do much trash talking. (There are, of course, exceptions.)

A few lessons learned from decades of winning:

1.  Trash talk wins no games.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

3.  This one Kirbyville would do well to heed. When it comes to the playoffs, being better than your opponent is not enough.

Here is my attempt at trash talk: 

All this noise coming from the Kirbyville fans makes me wonder.  Since you are not content to let the team speak for itself through what happens on the field, I ask "Who are you trying to convince?"

The reason you don't hear from Newton is we expect to win the game and district title next week.  Period.  We don't hope to win, or think maybe we will win, or might win, we EXPECT to win.  That trophy belongs to Newton and has for over three decades excepting a year here and there.  Can it be taken from Newton?  Sure.  Bridge City, Jasper, and other have managed to take it home here and there but none for long.  Crowing about how Kirbyville is "Here to stay", before they have even arrived, rings hollow.

Meh..it is not like Newton fans went silent.  As a rule, Newton does not do much trash talking. (There are, of course, exceptions.)

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

3.  This one Kirbyville would do well to heed. When it comes to the playoffs, being better than your opponent is not enough.

All this noise coming from the Kirbyville fans makes me wonder.  Since you are not content to let the team speak for itself through what happens on the field, I ask "Who are you trying to convince?"

The reason you don't hear from Newton is we expect to win the game and district title next week.  Period.  We don't hope to win, or think maybe we will win, or might win, we EXPECT to win.  That trophy belongs to Newton and has for over three decades excepting a year here and there.  Can it be taken from Newton?  Sure.  Bridge City, Jasper, and other have managed to take it home here and there but none for long.  Crowing about how Kirbyville is "Here to stay", before they have even arrived, rings hollow.

It rings hollow just as much as people saying that Newton is as good this year as in years past!  Simply not the case! ;)

Guest tigersvoice

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

It rings hollow just as much as people saying that Newton is as good this year as in years past!  Simply not the case! ;)

Suppose, Lefty99, just suppose that Newton does beat Kirbyville this year - I realize that that event CAN NOT happen in your reasoning - but just suppose it does.  Then Newton will have achieved that feat with a team that is inferior to (not as good as) Newton teams of the past.  Then what stamp does that put on Kirbyville?  Oh, I know - it was the referees! ::)

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

Good Post!  Knowing Barbay, he has his team focused and ready.  Keep it up, Newton!  Go ALL the way!

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

Good Post!  Knowing Barbay, he has his team focused and ready.  Keep it up, Newton!  Go ALL the way!

Trust me when I say...Alvarez will have his guys more focused than ever for the Eagles game. The PLAYERS AND COACHES will be focused on getting the job done in Newton! One because, this is OUR year, Kville's year to SHINE!!! Newton wont be able to stop them. NO WAY!!!!

WILDCATS TAKING THIS ONE HOME THIS YEAR!!!!! GO WILDCATS! No trash talk..just fact!

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

Suppose, Lefty99, just suppose that Newton does beat Kirbyville this year - I realize that that event CAN NOT happen in your reasoning - but just suppose it does.  Then Newton will have achieved that feat with a team that is inferior to (not as good as) Newton teams of the past.  Then what stamp does that put on Kirbyville?  Oh, I know - it was the referees! ::)

I never said that it can't happen!  Re-read the post!  It is just that almost everyone supporting Newton thinks they are as good as they always have!  Are they!  I don't think they are as good as years past!  If they win; they win!  Congrats to the Eagles if they do!  This is a message board!  I was voicing my opinion!  BTW...How are the Tigers this year?

Well I don't have a dog in this fight. But Newton is still the champs till someone knocks them off.

I will say I think K-VILLE has more talent this year but Newton has two things that K-Ville doesn't

1.) they have tradition 2.) they have Barbay both of these together is a deadly combination.

Newton---28

K-VILLE--24

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

I think Silsbee has enough problems keeping their players on the feild maybe you should attend to that cause we dont wont any tigervoice here!! lol

No Class....Must Be Tough Having Your Mouth Fly Into Gear Before The Brain Has A Chance To Stop It.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

I think Silsbee has enough problems keeping their players on the feild maybe you should attend to that cause we dont wont any tigervoice here!! lol

As someone who voiced his opinion in the thread; I think we're are getting a little off topic!  I asked how the tigers were doing because they have a losing record and are currently in 3rd place in their district!  Let me say that I had no intentions of bringing up the Silsbee players! 

As someone who voiced his opinion in the thread; I think we're are getting a little off topic!  I asked how the tigers were doing because they have a losing record and are currently in 3rd place in their district!  Let me say that I had no intentions of bringing up the Silsbee players! 

Even though I had responded to the whole Silsbee stuff, your completly right. This is about KIRBYVILLE vs. NEWTON. Silsbee needs to get gone.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

Everyone know about the Silsbee player stuff.. Silsbee FOOTBALL in general should be ashamed and made fun of for what happened? How can you call someone classless for pointing that out? Shouldn't you be calling Silsbee's players classless??

In a word:  No.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

Everyone know about the Silsbee player stuff.. Silsbee FOOTBALL in general should be ashamed and made fun of for what happened? How can you call someone classless for pointing that out? Shouldn't you be calling Silsbee's players classless??

TWO words: I disagree.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

This will be my last post on this thread that does not concern Kirbyville, Newton, and football.  You may respond if you like, that is your right, but there will be no retort from me. 

AFAIK, the players not arrested and the team in general had nothing to do with that nasty incident any more than the general student body in Silsbee or the citizens of the community.  Dragging them into it is plain unfair and serves to benefit no one. 

I am content to agree to disagree if you have a differing opinion.  Let's talk football.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

This will be my last post on this thread that does not concern Kirbyville, Newton, and football.  You may respond if you like, that is your right, but there will be no retort from me. 

AFAIK, the players not arrested and the team in general had nothing to do with that nasty incident any more than the general student body in Silsbee or the citizens of the community.  Dragging them into it is plain unfair and serves to benefit no one. 

I am content to agree to disagree if you have a differing opinion.  Let's talk football.

Well put Hotrodg! 

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

I only have ONE question.. NOT regarded the whole incident.. but what on earth does "AFAIK" mean?

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

I only have ONE question.. NOT regarded the whole incident.. but what on earth does "AFAIK" mean?

I dont have a clue..but all this talk about Silsbee's players shouldnt be on here. This is a thread about KIRBYVILLE VS. NEWTON..come on...how did silsbee even get brought up to begin with..LOL I guess they are just glad that they are not having to play the wildcats this year. :) Because then that would make it 2 years in a row they would lose!!!

OK so please start talking about football then. Everyone seems to be talking about talking about football yet it has not been done. Please get back on topic from here on out.

The first post dealing with the Silsbee situation has been deleted and a warning has been sent about language on this thread.

This should be a great thread about two great teams. Use it wisely before it is deleted if it gets too out of hand.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

No you shouldn't. First you are throwing a blanket over all of the players. Second unless you were there you don't know the facts. Third this isn't the place for that.

This match between Kville and Newton is one the teams, fans and others have been looking forward to all season.  The anticipation is growing everyday and I know that this will be the game to see.  The teams will be ready and all fired up, the fans all dressed in their colors, with bells & horns in hand.  What a game this will be!!!!! I'll have to be sure and take my blood pressure medicine before this game. 

Good luck to both teams, but gotta go with the Wildcats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder