125 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Kirbyville
    • Newton

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come from Newton and My mama come from Newton. I know Newton a Great team so is there Coach. But i think Kirbyville want it badder than anybody and i think we night just pull it out and win i hope Kirbyville Wins this. Even though Newton is really good. I going to go from where i go to school at so i say Kirbyville All THE WAY!!!!!!!!

This is the hardest prediction of the season to make.  Kirbyville has an explosive offense and a solid defense.  However, the best coach in this area, is on the other sideline and don't think he won't be prepared.  He is very conservative and I have seen him pull his starters in the first quarter too many times.  So don't let K-villes big scores full you.  they haven't faced a defense like Newton's all year.  Get ready for a close game.  Newton wins 28-20

I keep hearing how good Newtons defense is...Ok..and Kirbyville's D is not??? Dont get it. We've only allowed 13.8 ppg for the entire season thats pretty awesome. In district play we've only allowed 7ppg. Hello...Give our D some credit!! Your offense will not walk all over our D I promise you that!!! We have been tough on everyones running game. So I hope Barbay dont plan on running the ball..cause he wont get far up the field..Dont worry..our CATS will be there to play and win! And for you newton fans...who say your team is as good as you've been in the past...what happened to your poor eagles this year? YOU LOST TO DIBOL!!! I believe OUR WILDCATS BEAT DIBOL!!!! So I dont understand how you can be so overly confident! I think you better start paying attention!

WEEK 10 HERE WE COME!!! GO WILDCATS!!!

Barbay is real conservative.  He doesn't reveal his hand before he places his bet if you know what I mean.  Its obvious your not real farmiliar with Newton.  I have seen them pull their starters in the first quarter.  And Barbay could care less about nondistrict game wins or losses.  He has enough W's on his resume.  By the way, Alvarez might run the score up on every team he beats, but Barbay has class. 

I keep hearing how good Newtons defense is...Ok..and Kirbyville's D is not??? Dont get it. We've only allowed 13.8 ppg for the entire season thats pretty awesome. In district play we've only allowed 7ppg. Hello...Give our D some credit!! Your offense will not walk all over our D I promise you that!!! We have been tough on everyones running game. So I hope Barbay dont plan on running the ball..cause he wont get far up the field..Dont worry..our CATS will be there to play and win! And for you newton fans...who say your team is as good as you've been in the past...what happened to your poor eagles this year? YOU LOST TO DIBOL!!! I believe OUR WILDCATS BEAT DIBOL!!!! So I dont understand how you can be so overly confident! I think you better start paying attention!

Barbay is real conservative.  He doesn't reveal his hand before he places his bet if you know what I mean.  Its obvious your not real farmiliar with Newton.  I have seen them pull their starters in the first quarter.  And Barbay could care less about nondistrict game wins or losses.  He has enough W's on his resume.  By the way, Alvarez might run the score up on every team he beats, but Barbay has class. 

Well BigD66 you must not come watch much of our games..because Alvarez pull his starters as well.. WE cant help that the other teams cant stop our second string and JV!. Sorry, what are we suppose to do...just say.."hey..we quit"..no dont think so..this is a game, and how I feel about it..is this, if you can stop us..come on..if not..sorry!! Alvarez has class, and how dare you say he doesnt. Jack is a very good coach. And yea I've seen Newton play many times!! I've said in many of my post that I think newton is a good team, I just think this year Kirbyville is better. And I'm sorry, a loss is a loss no matter who it is against, district or non district..and I know the Barbays personally, and I can tell you that losing to Diboll, was not taken lightly!!! So if you think he lost by pulling his starters think again! Newton got BEAT!!!

Sloydjt criticizing newton fans of being "overly confident"?

Sounds a little hypocritical when you predict scores like this.

Kirbyville    56

Newton     21     

;)  ;D in your eyes i guess it does, in mine it seems logical being that everyone we've played we've outscored 50 or more points. Seems fair enough to say that we can put 50 up against newton also!

Barbay is real conservative.  He doesn't reveal his hand before he places his bet if you know what I mean.  Its obvious your not real farmiliar with Newton.  I have seen them pull their starters in the first quarter.  And Barbay could care less about nondistrict game wins or losses.  He has enough W's on his resume.  By the way, Alvarez might run the score up on every team he beats, but Barbay has class

That is funny!  I have a very good memory of playing Newton for the final game in the fall of 98 when before the game the Newton players went to the middle of their field and told the entire Kville team and fans that they were going to win state and they had two words for us!  As the wrestling group used to say; They said we could "SUCK IT"!!!!  Sorry Mods!  And then your beloved Barbay preceided to run the score up to 55-0!  I know that Kville stunk that year, but for some reason Newton played their starters the entire game!!!  You call him conservative!  HA!  That's funny!  Karma has it's way!  And it works both ways! 

That is funny!  I have a very good memory of playing Newton for the final game in the fall of 98 when before the game the Newton players went to the middle of their field and told the entire Kville team and fans that they were going to win state and they had two words for us!  As the wrestling group used to say; They said we could "SUCK IT"!!!!  Sorry Mods!  And then your beloved Barbay preceided to run the score up to 55-0!  I know that Kville stunk that year, but for some reason Newton played their starters the entire game!!!  You call him conservative!  HA!  That's funny!  Karma has it's way!  And it works both ways! 

So did they give everyone microphones or what? ???

I don't know that I'd say Kirbyville runs the score up.  It is true that Alvarez does not go as far as Barbay to keep the scoring down, but I don't know that it is fair to say he runs it up. 

There are coaches that pull the starters and continue to run the offense.

Then there are coaches who "don't try to score".

Then there are coaches like Barbay who "try not score".

When coaches like Barbay set the precedent for being sportsmen in dominating victories over years and years, the other varieties of "calling the dogs off" might seem unsporting in comparison.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn