Kristi Noem Kills Dog

baddog

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.

No argument in your rationale however politics isn’t rational.

Said people vote. Those votes don’t have to be approved by a jury deciding if a voter has a valid reason for his beliefs.

There are things that I firmly believe but I would never say them, even in private (what is private anymore?) if I ever intended to run for office. It doesn’t matter if my private thoughts could be proven 100% as correct, it still might very likely lose voters and an election. 

Maybe you missed the Trump presidency……

I have some friends whose “fur baby” bit somebody in the face because “she wasn’t feeling good and he was “in her face.”” The young man needed three stitches on his chin. She still growls and snaps at people all of the time… she’s a cocker spaniel with a bad attitude and she bites. 

Those same friends are expediting their first actual skin baby this summer… they’re not worried at all, and I’m certain that they’ll be shocked when the dog maims their baby.  

God gave us dominion over the animals for instances like this. 

Too many people haven’t heard “Dirty Old Egg Sucking Dog” by Johnnie Cash. 
Way too many flakey people in this world. Was she fighting dogs to death across state lines? Lots of the people who would condemn Noem  had absolutely no problem with Vick. I guess politics is a whole nother animal. 

1. Depending on the circumstances, I don't have a problem with it. I've had to do it myself for certain reasons more than once.

2. Probably would've suited her best to leave it out. Be ready to defend it if it comes out later, but don't invite the opportunity for criticism. There'll be plenty for "them" to go after without giving "them" something else to bloody her nose.

3. She should have considered if the possible backlash would outweigh the positive message she was trying to convey (which apparently it has). If that's what she has to use as an example of making tough decisions (just what I heard on here - not sure if that's why) then she has led a sheltered life.

The phrase that comes to mind is "What were you thinking?" 

Not going to hurt her, she was a slim chance to be the VP pick anyway.

She has doubled down on the story by telling about horses she recently had to put down...the horror!

Apparently this bothers others more than it bothers her.

The story reflects more on our sissified country than it does on Kristi Noem, imo.

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not going to hurt her, she was a slim chance to be the VP pick anyway.

She has doubled down on the story by telling about horses she recently had to put down...the horror!

Apparently this bothers others more than it bothers her.

The story reflects more on our sissified country than it does on Kristi Noem, imo.

It doesn't bother me a bit. It was just unnecessary and foolish to not consider the repercussions. No doubt it also reflects on where we are as a country. That's why she needs to be better at "reading the room". 

Save the story for your "after political career" biography.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It doesn't bother me a bit. It was just unnecessary and foolish to not consider the repercussions. No doubt it also reflects on where we are as a country. That's why she needs to be better at "reading the room". 

Save the story for your "after political career" biography.

I hear you but I don't think this is going to ding her political career as much as some think, especially in SD.

14 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Like I said earlier, the democrats were sitting on this waiting for the right time.

Depending on what actually happened, she may deserve whatever she gets.  It sounds like there's a pretty credible chance that she shot the dog for basically no reason, in contrast to how she's trying to spin it.  

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Depending on what actually happened, she may deserve whatever she gets.  It sounds like there's a pretty credible chance that she shot the dog for basically no reason, in contrast to how she's trying to spin it.  

She's a Republican so I'm sure the media will ethically and responsibly report the story.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

She's a Republican so I'm sure the media will ethically and responsibly report the story.

no doubt they'll make it as bad as possible, but it sounds like they may be able to just report the facts.  Heck, what she self-reported was enough to turn 3/4 of the country against her, and it sounds a very real possibility that her version of events is inaccurate in an effort to justify her actions. 

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

no doubt they'll make it as bad as possible, but it sounds like they may be able to just report the facts.  Heck, what she self-reported was enough to turn 3/4 of the country against her, and it sounds a very real possibility that her version of events is inaccurate in an effort to justify her actions. 

Plus, it will give them a welcome diversion from the pro-hamas / anti-Israel protests.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

If the voting public is so flaky that 3/4 will turn against her because of this news, why didn't they also turn on Obama when it was discovered that he actually ate dog? Maybe because the media didn't play up his transgressions?

And if that is the case, how much power does the media have? They can sink a career for killing a dog, but dismiss and bury a story of eating a dog?

How influential would the media be if someone other that Trump won the nomination. Let's say DeSantis was the Republican frontrunner...how easy would it be for the media to bury his candidacy...instead of him having that perceived cakewalk to president?

I'm just thinking out loud.

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I have some friends whose “fur baby” bit somebody in the face because “she wasn’t feeling good and he was “in her face.”” The young man needed three stitches on his chin. She still growls and snaps at people all of the time… she’s a cocker spaniel with a bad attitude and she bites. 

Those same friends are expediting their first actual skin baby this summer… they’re not worried at all, and I’m certain that they’ll be shocked when the dog maims their baby.  

God gave us dominion over the animals for instances like this. 

After all my years of responding to calls, how many times did horrific injuries occur by a dog…. that was friendly and has never done anything like this!!

It makes you sick yet terribly angry. It’s horrifying.

Some dogs need to go, period.

But that isn’t politics…..

17 hours ago, Englebert said:

If the voting public is so flaky that 3/4 will turn against her because of this news, why didn't they also turn on Obama when it was discovered that he actually ate dog? Maybe because the media didn't play up his transgressions?

And if that is the case, how much power does the media have? They can sink a career for killing a dog, but dismiss and bury a story of eating a dog?

How influential would the media be if someone other that Trump won the nomination. Let's say DeSantis was the Republican frontrunner...how easy would it be for the media to bury his candidacy...instead of him having that perceived cakewalk to president?

I'm just thinking out loud.

you're doing exactly what you're mad at the media for doing.  you complain about their double standards, but then you're comparing Obama eating dog in a dog-eating country as a small child to Noem shooting a dog as an adult.  I don't like Obama, but give me a break on that comparison.  And let's be clear here, the media didn't sink Noem's career.  She sunk it herself.  Not sure why all of you guys are conveniently ignoring it, but there's a whole lot of talk that her dog wasn't a chicken killer at all, and that she just shot it because it wasn't a good hunting dog and she didn't like it.  If it was eating people's chickens, I have no issue with it, but it's looking more and more like she was trying to get ahead of things and fashion her own narrative before the actual story came out.  for what it's worth, that's the only way her decision to publish this stuff makes any sense at all.  Nobody will ever convince me that she and her handlers thought adding that story was a good idea, and had no ulterior motive to do so.  The reaction to it is the most predictable thing ever, even if the most conservative among us are just totally disgusted that 3/4 of the country disagrees with her actions.

11 hours ago, tvc184 said:

After all my years of responding to calls, how many times did horrific injuries occur by a dog…. that was friendly and has never done anything like this!!

It makes you sick yet terribly angry. It’s horrifying.

Some dogs need to go, period.

But that isn’t politics…..

totally agree, but there sure is a lot of talk that this dog may not have been one of them.

I have several dogs (inside/outside), cats (inside/outside), have had a plethora of pets (ponies, quail, rabbits, gerbils, mice, fish, ferrets, the list goes on and on). I am an animal lover; however, I would not base my voting decision on whether or not Noem killed her dog, Obama ate a dog, Biden ate a chocolate chocolate chip ice cream with dog crap on it. None of that resounds with me like National Security & Defense, the Economy, Taxes, Spending, Budget...

With that said, Noem should have never brought it up. 

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

you're doing exactly what you're mad at the media for doing.  you complain about their double standards, but then you're comparing Obama eating dog in a dog-eating country as a small child to Noem shooting a dog as an adult.  I don't like Obama, but give me a break on that comparison.  And let's be clear here, the media didn't sink Noem's career.  She sunk it herself.  Not sure why all of you guys are conveniently ignoring it, but there's a whole lot of talk that her dog wasn't a chicken killer at all, and that she just shot it because it wasn't a good hunting dog and she didn't like it.  If it was eating people's chickens, I have no issue with it, but it's looking more and more like she was trying to get ahead of things and fashion her own narrative before the actual story came out.  for what it's worth, that's the only way her decision to publish this stuff makes any sense at all.  Nobody will ever convince me that she and her handlers thought adding that story was a good idea, and had no ulterior motive to do so.  The reaction to it is the most predictable thing ever, even if the most conservative among us are just totally disgusted that 3/4 of the country disagrees with her actions.

That was my take on it when it came out, whether killing chickens or bad hunting dog, it wasn't going to sit well with many and she was simply beating them to the punch.

46 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Talk from who?  Who was actually there that has knowledge of this that is speaking on it?

multiple politicians from South Dakota have come out and stated that this event was well known in SD political circles.   It's also being stated that multiple people witnessed it.  Personally, I'd love to hear from them and the family who's chicken's were supposedly eaten.  Would clear up a lot, but I doubt it would change much one way or another.  

44 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

That was my take on it when it came out, whether killing chickens or bad hunting dog, it wasn't going to sit well with many and she was simply beating them to the punch.

I was really confused at first at how a bunch of people would know about her killing a dog on her ranch, until I heard the story itself, which I didn't find particularly believable.  Then when I started reading some accounts that made it sound like she was just mad that it messed up her bird hunt and was tough to train, and that multiple people had seen some or all of this, her coming out with the story for seemingly no reason made a lot more sense.