BEST JUNIOR HIGH PLAYER IN SE TEXAS

kenlo340

Last Thursday I witnessed the best basketball player in SE Texas play.  His name is Kristian Smith from Austin Middle School in Beaumont.  He totally dominated the game from start to finish.  He scored 36points, around 8 rebounds, around 6 assists and 4 blocks and 3 steals.  I talked to the stats man Marco Johnson and he informed me that Kristian is averaging over 30 points a game.  He has a high of 45 points.  He has scored 40 3 times this year.  I was also informed that he would be attending Central High.  Central has a star in the making.  He will be on varsity next year at Central without a doubt.  If you haven't seen him play, please go and check him out.  I live in Port Arthur and I would pay money anywhere to see this player play.  He has a great attitude and I have been singing his praises every since I seen him last week.  If there is any player in SE Texas that can play with this kid I would love to go and watch him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this student athlete very well he is a great talent , actually he is averaging 40 points a game  his high was 44 against a team that had Austin down by 14 going into the fourth quarter, he hit 4 three pointers in a row to come back and win the game by 6 points, that is why his school Austin Middle school is undefeated and probably wont loose this season . He is about 6-1 and plays the three spot but can play any position on the court. He plays like a Jr in high school. He may be in the top 50 jr high kids in the country he is very dominating

• 3 weeks later...

I had to see this kid for myself and  not wait on the utube version and believe me it was worth it. They got into a barn burner with marshall and this kid stepped up to the plate and hit a home run draining a clutch three, and believe it or not he is not a ball hog either. The center had about 17 that game or maybe even more. This youngman is truly a diamond in the ruff. Kelly, Cathedral get on your hustle because I haven't seen any of the big three coaches in Beaumont anywhere near a game. I guess they have enough talent. Brokev3 out!

ONE :)

Well i can't say what his average is, but i know one of his coaches and he has went for over twenty points in every game. Maybe its 30 or so points a game average. One thing i know for sure is that he is definitely lighting up the score board. And, if forty is his average with a high or forty- four that says to me consistancy more than anything. Brokev3 out!

ONE 8)

Guest stevenash

Well, just wait until you see one of the little dribblers teams from grades k-2 in the Hardin Jefferson system.  One player is totally awesome and is the brother of a current high school star in the area.

I had a chance to see the young man from Austin today in the 3rd place game of the Southpark tournament today against Kountze and he is as advertised he was amazing.  We had him defended several times and he found a way to make something happen and he did.  If he didnt score he found someone that did.  He hit 3 3s to start the game his shot is so smooth.  He has a bright future if and it looks like he can keep his head on throughout highschool.  He is an amazing talent.  He dunked in the 3rd quarter.  We played very hard but they played better every time we got close they pulled away.  It was a good game and im glad we got the pleasure of playing in this tournament there was several games that were very good throughout the tournament.  Does anyone that reads this know how the championship game came out between Vincent and Silsbee.  To Kris keep your head up and keep playing some awsome BB and the future is bright for you.  Also how many points did he end up with I was to excited to keep up with them.

I had a chance to see the young man from Austin today in the 3rd place game of the Southpark tournament today against Kountze and he is as advertised he was amazing.  We had him defended several times and he found a way to make something happen and he did.  If he didnt score he found someone that did.  He hit 3 3s to start the game his shot is so smooth.  He has a bright future if and it looks like he can keep his head on throughout highschool.  He is an amazing talent.  He dunked in the 3rd quarter.  We played very hard but they played better every time we got close they pulled away.  It was a good game and im glad we got the pleasure of playing in this tournament there was several games that were very good throughout the tournament.  Does anyone that reads this know how the championship game came out between Vincent and Silsbee.  To Kris keep your head up and keep playing some awsome BB and the future is bright for you.  Also how many points did he end up with I was to excited to keep up with them.

The Silsbee - Vincent game was a great game with Vincent winning by 4. Vincent got too many second and third shots per possesion and that was the difference in the ballgame. Vincent was just too big down low, but they do have a really good team. I saw the Austin - Vincent game earlier and knew Silsbee was gonna be in a dogfight. Congrats to Vincent.

The Silsbee - Vincent game was a great game with Vincent winning by 4. Vincent got too many second and third shots per possesion and that was the difference in the ballgame. Vincent was just too big down low, but they do have a really good team. I saw the Austin - Vincent game earlier and knew Silsbee was gonna be in a dogfight. Congrats to Vincent.

Thanks for the update im from Kountze and our boys played an ok game against lumberton but pulled out the win in the last second then got our bottoms handed to us by Silsbee we gave up after the 1st quarter.  Then played Austin and their size was just to much for us but I wish our coach would have let them play more press cause when we did we made Austin make mistakes and got baskets on the plays.  Then played Zone and they just picked us apart but when we played a man we played them fairly well but hats of to Austin they played a good game.  also Congrats Vincent. Im just glad our boys didnt give up against Austin the way we did against Silsbee.

I've heard some great things about smith from one of his coaches... he told me he dunked a couple of times in a game the other day, too.  he didn't make it sound like the kid was interested in going to ozen, but you got to figure your best chance of getting noticed in beaumont is playing for ozen, so who knows.

Well, just wait until you see one of the little dribblers teams from grades k-2 in the Hardin Jefferson system.  One player is totally awesome and is the brother of a current high school star in the area.

K-2? Thats truly too early to tell if a kid is awesome. I've seen several kids at that age who were awesome but that awesome seems to diminish by the 5-6 th grade because the other kids are now beginning to catch up. To help him maintain his ability and stay ahead of the game, make sure you keep that kid practicing (if he wants to) and working on the fundamentals of the game.

Against South Park Thursday he had 33 points 11 rebounds 4 assists in a 3 point loss.  His attitude got the best of him.  He recieved a tech and they lost the ball and it ended up being a 4 point play and they lost by 3. 

I guess it's the nature of the beast. You have a God-given talent as a young person and people continue to tell you how good you are, sooner or later you start to believe it yourself.

The kid had another good game last night and also some coaches watching from Central. I guess it is better to be safe then sorry he is going to OZEN or Westbrook. Way to use your head Rice. And Stowers was there as well. I guess he heard about the show he was putting on for football as well.Do I smell fear of the unknown. BROKEV3 OUT!!!

ONE

2B1ASK1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin