BEST JUNIOR HIGH PLAYER IN SE TEXAS

kenlo340

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that all of the schools in town are worthy of giving a good education. It is up to the student athlete. We will see!

My point was this: Sometimes the educational environment is too laxed for the serious student to obtain a quality education. Sometimes it's not good to mix steak with a hotdog.

Guest DickVitale

Be willing to bet someone a STEAK DINNER that he ends up going to high school on Fannett Rd..... ;).."Build it and they will come".....NO recruiting necessary....any takers??

Guest DickVitale
:D :D...Tell them that I will meet them at Carrabba's!!...It will be interesting to see where he lands.. ;)...That Pear Orchard influence is real strong, though... ;)

I played on a junior high team where all the starters were dunking and we won city championships every year for awhile in Houston.

When I was in Jr High we started an 8th grade game with a 2 - 0 lead against Madisonville because we shot Techs for 2 of their players dunking in warm-up.

I played on a junior high team where all the starters were dunking and we won city championships every year for awhile in Houston.

When I was in Jr High we started an 8th grade game with a 2 - 0 lead against Madisonville because we shot Techs for 2 of their players dunking in warm-up.

Hmm? Sheez! I hate bringing Vitale into this but he will probably know or have heard the history. E.O. Smith Jr.High was a very DOMINANT TEAM in Houston. Dwight Jones (LA Lakers) Spiderman, Roy Fields, and several more players were on this team. They banned dunking in HISD because of this team.

Guest DickVitale

Yep, I know all about the EO Smith history...Heard about it, about....half a billion times during my lifetime!! ;D..There were definitely some legends to come out of that area before my time, because when I came along, we ran the city over at MADISON!! ;D ;D

Yep, I know all about the EO Smith history...Heard about it, about....half a billion times during my lifetime!! ;D..There were definitely some legends to come out of that area before my time, because when I came along, we ran the city over at MADISON!! ;D ;D

And if you didn't shoo the ball so much, yall could have won Regionals ;D

Wait...Wait a second...Kids in Beaumont can choose where they want to go to school??? What about the other teams in the district??? Don't they have boudaries ? Can a kid in our school zone go to Lumberton?  How about the numbers for the particular area, does that effect the classification!!  We sure would like to have Jonathan Ward over here...........

Guest DickVitale

LOL...That's messed up man!. I scored 37 in the regional final, and shot well from the field too!!..I was doing what my COACH told me to do, how can you blame me for that?? :D :D

LOL...That's messed up man!...I was doing what my COACH told me to do, how can you blame me for that?? :D :D

Walter, Cliff, Sammie, Charles, and you Dickie, etc, etc, bah-hhhhhhh  Another long  line of shooters in the family.  ::)

Wait...Wait a second...Kids in Beaumont can choose where they want to go to school??? What about the other teams in the district??? Don't they have boudaries ? Can a kid in our school zone go to Lumberton?  How about the numbers for the particular area, does that effect the classification!!  We sure would like to have Jonathan Ward over here...........

This is partially due to fallout from an old desegregation lawsuit.

Guest DickVitale

LOL...That's messed up man!...I was doing what my COACH told me to do, how can you blame me for that?? :D :D

Walter, Cliff, Sammie, Charles, and you Dickie, etc, etc, bah-hhhhhhh  Another long  line of shooters in the family.  ::)

Ask them all and they will tell you WHO the BEST was and IS, too!! ;)

Ask them all and they will tell you WHO the BEST was and IS, too!! ;)

Dang!I just received a call. My 10 year old just got an automatic bid to National Adidas Jr. Phenom Camp in San Diego, CA. He doesn't have to qualify at regionals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86