WO-S Talk

Guest wos mustangs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure what is going on today.  You have posters that appear to be coaches saying there farewells and you have other posters pretending to be from one school and posting on another incorrectly about another school.  Very confusing day!!  Some less than thrilling people need to get there facts straight.

In an earlier post by the thrillguy, there was a statement the Cornel Thompson had been fired from Palestine, which was completely false, but it got me to thinking, has there ever been a WOS coach fired from a coaching job.  The only person I could come up with is glen hill, who was fired by Coach Hooks and latered fired by the head coach at Silsbee.  You know if memory serves me correctly, mr. hill lives in Lumberton.  What a coincedence thrill HILL from Lumberton, and glen HILL from Lumberton.  You know the sad thing for WOS fans is the fact that mr. hill couldn't keep his job at Silsbee, because they have been alot better coached and alot tougher to beat since his departure.  Anyways, I guess this is just one big coincedence!!

One of the EXCUSES this year from some of the WOS faithfull as to why we couldn't score more points and why we went firstdownless in the second half against Lavega was the fact that we didn't really have any Superstars on offense.  However according to the 3A AP ALL STATE TEAM, we have atleast 3 on the offensive side of the ball, and I personally think that Q. Garrett was as good or better than any of the three.  This kinda assures what myself and many others have thought all along, it is not the kids, it is the COACHING on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball!!

Yes I am his son and he is not embarrassed by him getting relieved of duties at Silsbee but some differ on how much better they were coached.  My dad and uncle both served WOS proudly and they have nothing to be ashamed of.  My dad today is good friends with Dan and Cynthia as my sister is their grandchild.  Now if you want to try to embarrass my family bring it own.  We think you should not go after a person's job unless that job is open.  For you as an individual to slam someone at your school for doing what seems to be a good job is unbelievable.  The truth of the matter is my dad told Dan that he could not work under the set up he had proposed and said he would be leaving and he did.  Now if you want to check with Dan on this feel free to do so because this is what happened.  Now if that is being fired he was fired.  As for Silsbee he was let go in the middle of the season, but continued to teach there for seven years, now if that is being fired he was fired.  Anything else you want to post on this board feel free to do because we have nothing to hide.  It would be nice is someone would come forward and stand up for your coaches and quit letting you people belittle them by some of your posts.  Now if there is anything else you would like to say about my Dad bring it own.

Yes I am his son and he is not embarrassed by him getting relieved of duties at Silsbee but some differ on how much better they were coached.  My dad and uncle both served WOS proudly and they have nothing to be ashamed of.  My dad today is good friends with Dan and Cynthia as my sister is their grandchild.  Now if you want to try to embarrass my family bring it own.  We think you should not go after a person's job unless that job is open.  For you as an individual to slam someone at your school for doing what seems to be a good job is unbelievable.  The truth of the matter is my dad told Dan that he could not work under the set up he had proposed and said he would be leaving and he did.  Now if you want to check with Dan on this feel free to do so because this is what happened.  Now if that is being fired he was fired.  As for Silsbee he was let go in the middle of the season, but continued to teach there for seven years, now if that is being fired he was fired.  Anything else you want to post on this board feel free to do because we have nothing to hide.  It would be nice is someone would come forward and stand up for your coaches and quit letting you people belittle them by some of your posts.  Now if there is anything else you would like to say about my Dad bring it own.

My question is, why are you bringing other coaches into your "quest"?  THAT is wrong and appears to be just jealousy of some sort because it is totally unsubstantiated and uncalled for.

Guest Chaingang Defense

MUSTANG 85 WRITES

The fact still remains that if the Stangs do not make a change on the offensive side of the ball, then there will be a 2nd or 3rd round loss every year.  Now some people may think that is OK, but I do not think that the TRUE MUSTANGS will accept this.  We have as much talent as most 4A teams, we beat Dayton who won the 4A region, however every year the coaching gets us on the offensive side of the ball.  It will NEVER be accepted for a WOS OFFENSE to have such a poor plan on offense that we are held without a first down in any game, but especially the third round of the playoffs.  It is Time for a change!!

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, OR THESE GAMES WOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!

I spoke with the old Coach Foreman the other day and asked him the same question and he told me that Toby had been offered the OC's job at Huntsville, as well as a coaching job at Navarro Junior College, and he had turned both of them down.  This conversation was three days ago and I am not sure if something has changed since then.  Isn't Navarro where Andre Bevil is at?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin