WO-S Talk

Guest wos mustangs

Guest Chaingang Defense

SEE THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND. WE DIDN'T GET BEAT BY A TEAM THAT HAD MORE TALENT! LAST YEAR AGAINST GIDDINGS WE HAD HOW MANY D1 PLAYERS? THOSE PLAYS AT THE GOAL LINE COST US AND PEOPLE KNOW. COACHES KNOW TO.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Giddings game in 2006 Coach Hooks said on Kogt and the Orange Leader "This one was our fault in the second half, WE GOT OUTCOACHED."  He was talking about the oc producing 13 points with half his lineup going to play college football!!  I don't know how much proof you need more than that!!  He could have said the same thing after Lavega, but I guess he figured since the local sportswriter had already called out the oc then he had been embarrassed enough.  Some of you people are in DENIAL!!

Guest Bird Hunter

SEE THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND. WE DIDN'T GET BEAT BY A TEAM THAT HAD MORE TALENT! LAST YEAR AGAINST GIDDINGS WE HAD HOW MANY D1 PLAYERS? THOSE PLAYS AT THE GOAL LINE COST US AND PEOPLE KNOW. COACHES KNOW TO.

I hate to put it like this but you people will never understand.  What if the plays you want did not work?  Who do you blame then!

DB

Guest Bird Hunter

After the Giddings game in 2006 Coach Hooks said on Kogt and the Orange Leader "This one was our fault in the second half, WE GOT OUTCOACHED."  He was talking about the oc producing 13 points with half his lineup going to play college football!!  I don't know how much proof you need more than that!!  He could have said the same thing after Lavega, but I guess he figured since the local sportswriter had already called out the oc then he had been embarrassed enough.  Some of you people are in DENIAL!!

More stupidity!  Always having to talk about people.  You have never screwed up on your job!  Always perfect I'm sure!

Guest Chaingang Defense

More stupidity!  Always having to talk about people.  You have never screwed up on your job!  When you clean the bathrooms at the high school waht kind of job do you do?  Always perfect I'm sure!

NO! he's telling the truth! Now go use that dust buster you got.

Guest Chaingang Defense

wasn't just that game. been several the last several years mainly in big games in the playoffs. the oc has a hard time in tight stressful games.

You know when Coach T came back it did not take long for the D to get back on track.  The samething will happen if Toby were to return.  For some reason this is just taking a little longer for the head guy to realize that the current oc is about as good as the former dc.  Dan it is time for a change!!

I might have been misinformed but doesnt the dc call the defensive plays and the oc call the offensive plays.  Please stop with the excuses!! There have been several different assistant coaches work with this oc, and the results are the same.  No qb sneak vs. ozen in 2002 and no qb sneak vs. giddings in 2006.  I dont think any of the coaches on the offense were on both staffs except the oc.  Now who do you think is calling these plays? 

I might have been misinformed but doesnt the dc call the defensive plays and the oc call the offensive plays.  Please stop with the excuses!! There have been several different assistant coaches work with this oc, and the results are the same.  No qb sneak vs. ozen in 2002 and no qb sneak vs. giddings in 2006.  I dont think any of the coaches on the offense were on both staffs except the oc.  Now who do you think is calling these plays? 

You are also forgetting( and obviously not wanting to admit ) the other common denominator that Hooks has been there all this time. Why isn't he held accountable for this so called mess?

See that's what my entire problem with you guys is, you refuse to lay this at Dan Ray's feet. I find it very hard to believe that Dan Hooks just let's his OC have cart blanche with the play calling. If that is the case, then he has a built in excuse when things go bad. " It's not my fault, he called the play". I just can't see Dan Hooks being that way.

Are you guys suggesting that Dan Hooks is so out of touch with the game that he can't intervene when this " so called dumb play calling " takes place and put a stop to it? Why do I have to keep reminding you guys that he is the head coach? Everything should go through him. Obviously he was okay with it when these plays were called that you guys seem to think cost you a game. Ever thought about the fact that the players just failed to execute?

Look, we could go round and round about this, but the fact remains, a team wins and loses a game together, both players and coaches. I personally think that Dan Hooks is a great coach, it really goes without saying. Whoever he decides to have on his coaching staff I have to believe that they are worthy of that position. I trust Coach Hooks to know what he is doing, but you guys seem to don't trust him.

You are also forgetting( and obviously not wanting to admit ) the other common denominator that Hooks has been there all this time. Why isn't he held accountable for this so called mess?

See that's what my entire problem with you guys is, you refuse to lay this at Dan Ray's feet. I find it very hard to believe that Dan Hooks just let's his OC have cart blanche with the play calling. If that is the case, then he has a built in excuse when things go bad. " It's not my fault, he called the play". I just can't see Dan Hooks being that way.

Are you guys suggesting that Dan Hooks is so out of touch with the game that he can't intervene when this " so called dumb play calling " takes place and put a stop to it? Why do I have to keep reminding you guys that he is the head coach? Everything should go through him. Obviously he was okay with it when these plays were called that you guys seem to think cost you a game. Ever thought about the fact that the players just failed to execute?

Look, we could go round and round about this, but the fact remains, a team wins and loses a game together, both players and coaches. I personally think that Dan Hooks is a great coach, it really goes without saying. Whoever he decides to have on his coaching staff I have to believe that they are worthy of that position. I trust Coach Hooks to know what he is doing, but you guys seem to don't trust him.

I have been reading these WOS threads for a while and have refrained from commenting. But I have to say...these are my thoughts exactly.

Guest Bird Hunter

Then I guess it is time for you to go and get your degree.

Degree, shoot all they think you need is to be able to breathe. 

Oh.. I forgot I was going to shut up.  I got in trouble for talking about their employment!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder