Goodman Buna Jr 

Rucker OF Sr 

Thomas OF So 

Bordeaux EC Sr 

Denman Hardin Sr 

Warren Ktz Jr 

Smith EC Jr 

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Kountze will be primed for another deep playoff run next year with 7 all district players returning including district MVP Sells.

It will be Kountze's district to lose next season.

And unfortunately OF is losing the most players on this list to graduation. 

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

And unfortunately OF is losing the most players on this list to graduation. 

I think OF is gonna hurt losing wrinkle… but they should still be solid next year I’d imagine… Good coach and underclassmen coming from what I heard

4 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I think OF is gonna hurt losing wrinkle… but they should still be solid next year I’d imagine… Good coach and underclassmen coming from what I heard

It'll be big shoes to fill!! Kountze is the favorite followed by OF with Buna EC and Anahuac batteling for 3rd and 4th.  IMO

Orangefield's Coach Whitmire deserved to be Coach Of The Year. He was a new coach with a new team that lost 7 Seniors the year before. The same 7 Seniors that some on here referred to as the "Most Dominant Senior Class Ever In Orangefield". Most on here projected us to finish 3rd or 4th in the district after last season. Coach Whit did return Scales and Wrinkle the previous year teams 2nd and 3rd leading scorers but he didnt have the depth that Joubert had or any impactful move ins (legitimate or not) that Kountze did. With all of that being considered, Whitmire coached Orangefield to a their first Co-District championship since 1954, two big tournament wins, Orangefield's All Time Winningest Record (33-6), and the 3rd Round of the Playoffs (not known at the time of voting). All of this with 70% of his scoring coming from two players (Scales & Wrinkle). That is coaching at it's finest in Texas H.S. Basketball.

Jaden "Ghost" Scales deserved to win "MVP" and not just "Offensive MVP". For all of the same above mentioned reasons, as well as putting up MVP numbers throughout the season on extremely efficient percentages and outplaying (Scales had 21 in the loss, 26 in the win) Sells in both District Matchups. The third Kountze/Orangefield - Playin Game was played after the District Meeting where voting took place. Even in that game, it was obvious who was believed to be the most dangerous player on the floor, and limiting Ghost's touches proved successful for Kountze because we didnt have enough fire power without him. With that being said, to me it is obvious who the most valuable player to their team was by how they were guarded and other teams chose to play them. Ghost was robbed again, just like last year when NOTY was given to Kountze instead of Ghost when he torched them in both meetings as a freshman when his counterpart's numbers were nowhere close to his. I can't honestly tell that story without also saying the MVP was given to Sells last year as well. So, both MVP and NCOTY went to a team last year that needed a Playin Game to make the playoffs. Perrault from EC (Best player on #1 Team) should have been MVP last year and Scales (2nd Leading Scorer on #2 Team) should have been Newcomer Of The Year - IMO

Don't get me wrong, Joubert is a great coach and Sells is a great player, that I have nothing but love for.  However, it seems they are able to have their cake and eat it too though. You can have a homegrown freshman (NCOTY) and move-ins (legitimate or whatever) that we all turn a blind eye to and watch you go from 4th to 1st, or you can be viewed as the best Coach and player in the District because you took your team so far without as much help. Watching the full swing of both arguments to benefit Kountze in the last two years isn't the easiest sell to me or many others on here and elsewhere. As always though, I am just the only one to say it. That's ok though, doing what is right is more important to me than doing what is popular.

Congratulations to all of the kids and Coaches who were recognized this year though! The voting this year was much closer to where it should be than it was last year by a long shot.

11 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Orangefield's Coach Whitmire deserved to be Coach Of The Year. He was a new coach with a new team that lost 7 Seniors the year before. The same 7 Seniors that some on here referred to as the "Most Dominant Senior Class Ever In Orangefield". Most on here projected us to finish 3rd or 4th in the district after last season. Coach Whit did return Scales and Wrinkle the previous year teams 2nd and 3rd leading scorers but he didnt have the depth that Joubert had or any impactful move ins (legitimate or not) that Kountze did. With all of that being considered, Whitmire coached Orangefield to a their first Co-District championship since 1954, two big tournament wins, Orangefield's All Time Winningest Record (33-6), and the 3rd Round of the Playoffs (not known at the time of voting). All of this with 70% of his scoring coming from two players (Scales & Wrinkle). That is coaching at it's finest in Texas H.S. Basketball.

Jaden "Ghost" Scales deserved to win "MVP" and not just "Offensive MVP". For all of the same above mentioned reasons, as well as putting up MVP numbers throughout the season on extremely efficient percentages and outplaying (Scales had 21 in the loss, 26 in the win) Sells in both District Matchups. The third Kountze/Orangefield - Playin Game was played after the District Meeting where voting took place. Even in that game, it was obvious who was believed to be the most dangerous player on the floor, and limiting Ghost's touches proved successful for Kountze because we didnt have enough fire power without him. With that being said, to me it is obvious who the most valuable player to their team was by how they were guarded and other teams chose to play them. Ghost was robbed again, just like last year when NOTY was given to Kountze instead of Ghost when he torched them in both meetings as a freshman when his counterpart's numbers were nowhere close to his. I can't honestly tell that story without also saying the MVP was given to Sells last year as well. So, both MVP and NCOTY went to a team last year that needed a Playin Game to make the playoffs. Perrault from EC (Best player on #1 Team) should have been MVP last year and Scales (2nd Leading Scorer on #2 Team) should have been Newcomer Of The Year - IMO

Don't get me wrong, Joubert is a great coach and Sells is a great player, that I have nothing but love for.  However, it seems they are able to have their cake and eat it too though. You can have a homegrown freshman (NCOTY) and move-ins (legitimate or whatever) that we all turn a blind eye to and watch you go from 4th to 1st, or you can be viewed as the best Coach and player in the District because you took your team so far without as much help. Watching the full swing of both arguments to benefit Kountze in the last two years isn't the easiest sell to me or many others on here and elsewhere. As always though, I am just the only one to say it. That's ok though, doing what is right is more important to me than doing what is popular.

Congratulations to all of the kids and Coaches who were recognized this year though! The voting this year was much closer to where it should be than it was last year by a long shot.

Didn't Kountze win that 3rd game for first? Not sure how its voted BUT they won the DC and advanced 1 more round i believe?. I wouldn't say ANYONE from OF was "robbed."

13 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Didn't Kountze win that 3rd game for first? Not sure how its voted BUT they won the DC and advanced 1 more round i believe?. I wouldn't say ANYONE from OF was "robbed."

Voting happened before any Playin or Playoff Games the week District ended. District matchups are all that was considered.

Kountze didnt win the DC. They won seeding for the Playoffs. Kountze and Orangefield split the DC as Co-District Champions.

18 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Voting happened before any Playin or Playoff Games the week District ended. District matchups are all that was considered.

Kountze didnt win the DC. They won seeding for the Playoffs. Kountze and Orangefield split the DC as Co-District Champions.

Ah ok voting before. Released after exits.

I thought the 3rd game was for seeding AND DC.

The votes are counted.  And you have to be nominated for each award and have enough votes.   Sells most certainly deserved MVP, offense and defense side of the ball .   Scales most certainly deserved O MVP.  Can score anywhere on the court.   And from not making playoffs to where they landed Joubert did an awesome job.   
    Can’t wait till next season 

2 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Jaden "Ghost" Scales deserved to win "MVP" and not just "Offensive MVP".

While I think the Ghost is a good player, I believe the Wrinkle kid has more of a claim to the MVP based on the 3 games I saw the Bobcats play this year. The Sells Kid is more than deserving as well. Regardless I think the superlatives were correct in the district and I saw almost every team in the district at least once. 

8 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

While I think the Ghost is a good player, I believe the Wrinkle kid has more of a claim to the MVP based on the 3 games I saw the Bobcats play this year. The Sells Kid is more than deserving as well. Regardless I think the superlatives were correct in the district and I saw almost every team in the district at least once. 

Down play him all you want, its expected on here. I believe Wrinkle is a great player too and I have bragged on him all season. At the same time I have seen them every game and how defenses played them. They were a 1, 2 punch that will surely be missed. Teams picked their poison and gambled on the other all season. I would have been extremely happy for Wrinkle had he won MVP, great young man and great teammate. We will not replace him, we will only be able to try to find ways to make up for his absence.

I dont agree Sells was more deserving, but that is why we are entitled to our own opinions. I stated the facts previously for why I feel the votes seem to always go to Kountze  in some sort of way.  

I guess I could dig up OF stats from the year before Ghost was a Freshman to see who he replaced in the lineup as a starter and on the team, see where they finished in District? Playoffs? I wonder if they were real good players? I wonder if you all bragged on how great they are and how terrible we'd be without them? I'm not real sure honestly, but I know we had 29 wins last year 3rd Rd exit, 33 wins this year 3rd Rd exit. Ghost probably didnt have much to do with any of those wins though. 

41 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Down play him all you want, its expected on here. I believe Wrinkle is a great player too and I have bragged on him all season. At the same time I have seen them every game and how defenses played them. They were a 1, 2 punch that will surely be missed. Teams picked their poison and gambled on the other all season. I would have been extremely happy for Wrinkle had he won MVP, great young man and great teammate. We will not replace him, we will only be able to try to find ways to make up for his absence.

I dont agree Sells was more deserving, but that is why we are entitled to our own opinions. I stated the facts previously for why I feel the votes seem to always go to Kountze  in some sort of way.  

I guess I could dig up OF stats from the year before Ghost was a Freshman to see who he replaced in the lineup as a starter and on the team, see where they finished in District? Playoffs? I wonder if they were real good players? I wonder if you all bragged on how great they are and how terrible we'd be without them? I'm not real sure honestly, but I know we had 29 wins last year 3rd Rd exit, 33 wins this year 3rd Rd exit. Ghost probably didnt have much to do with any of those wins though. 

Who is down playing him? 

21 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Who is down playing him? 

Honestly, yall all know how you throw backhanded shade at my son because you dont like me. It is what it is, he has worked his tail off to pursue a dream that he had since he was very little and that takes guts, which is something most folks dont have. I have worked with him since he could walk, so he was home grown which makes folks even more mad. Add to that, that I made videos like any proud Dad would and it made/makes pansies even madder. At the end of the day, if anyone was to ever ask themselves why they hate me and maybe him, they wouldn't be able to give an honest instance where we did them any wrong. We have always treated folks like we want to be treated, I have just told him to never worry about fitting inside the box people have designed for you. You do you with a good heart and let them adjust! The loudest boos come from the cheapest seats! 

9 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

@AggiesAreWe I know you watched these guys play multiple games and I’m curious your opinion on the matter… as previously stated I to agree Wrinkle may have more of a claim over ghost as far as district MVP. 

I'll post my opinion on this all district selections in the morning before I head to Alamodome.