6A State semifinals #9 United vs. #2 Stoney Point Predictions

14 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

I in no way compared a 17 year old kid to a grown man who was a paid professional. Go back and read carefully. 

in a thread discussing a 17-year-old high school kid's injury, you posted that if Kobe had the SAME injury, he would play and probably drop 40.  That's the literal definition of comparing one to the other.  Let's get back to the game.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

in a thread discussing a 17-year-old high school kid's injury, you posted that if Kobe had the SAME injury, he would play and probably drop 40.  That's the literal definition of comparing one to the other.  Let's get back to the game.

As an African American man who grew up in Beaumont Texas, I am the last person who would try to bring down one of our kids. (We DO NOT do that)  That makes absolutely no sense and I’m not sure how or why someone who is not from where I from is insulted. No idiot in their right mind would compare a professional hall of famer to a 17 year old kid. I guess I need to give a lecture on context clues/ reading skills. If your understanding is bad that’s one thing. We in the Pear Orchard are bout uplifting our community and wanting our kids to be successful. I’ve been going to the state tournament since 1986 and I want BU to win it again. It’s unfortunate Dotson got hurt. My prayers are up for him and his family. I also pray that the level of comprehension some people have is improved. As of right now… nevermind. Let’s go BU! The only thing good from Round Rock is Round Rock Donuts! 

4 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

As an African American man who grew up in Beaumont Texas, I am the last person who who would try to bring down one of our kids. (We DO NOT do that)  That makes absolutely no sense and I’m not sure how or why someone who is not from where I from is insulted. No idiot in their right mind would compare a professional hall of famer to a 17 year old kid. I guess I need to give a lecture on context clues/ reading skills. If your understanding is bad that’s one thing. We in the Pear Orchard are bout uplifting our community and wanting our kids to be successful. I’ve been going to the state tournament since 1986 and I want BU to win it again. It’s unfortunate Dotson got hurt. My prayers are up for him and his family. I also pray that the level of comprehension some people have is improved. As of right now… nevermind. Let’s go BU! The only thing good from Round Rock is Round Rock Donuts! 

Then why bring Kobe up in this thread if intent was not to compare?

Kobe Bryant is completely irrelevant to this situation. Was completely unnecessary to bring it up.

13 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

As an African American man who grew up in Beaumont Texas, I am the last person who who would try to bring down one of our kids. (We DO NOT do that)  That makes absolutely no sense and I’m not sure how or why someone who is not from where I from is insulted. No idiot in their right mind would compare a professional hall of famer to a 17 year old kid. I guess I need to give a lecture on context clues/ reading skills. If your understanding is bad that’s one thing. We in the Pear Orchard are bout uplifting our community and wanting our kids to be successful. I’ve been going to the state tournament since 1986 and I want BU to win it again. It’s unfortunate Dotson got hurt. My prayers are up for him and his family. I also pray that the level of comprehension some people have is improved. As of right now… nevermind. Let’s go BU! The only thing good from Round Rock is Round Rock Donuts! 

Alright help me and the rest of the slow folks in this thread out. If you're not comparing Kobe to Dotson then how are we supposed to interpret "if Kobe had this same injury and it was a game 7… he would play and likely drop 40"? What are the context clues in that statement that we are missing? Please help us understand what it means.

29 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Alright help me and the rest of the slow folks in this thread out. If you're not comparing Kobe to Dotson then how are we supposed to interpret "if Kobe had this same injury and it was a game 7… he would play and likely drop 40"? What are the context clues in that statement that we are missing? Please help us understand what it means.

IMG_9940.gif

1 hour ago, Kowboy98 said:

As an African American man who grew up in Beaumont Texas, I am the last person who would try to bring down one of our kids. (We DO NOT do that)  That makes absolutely no sense and I’m not sure how or why someone who is not from where I from is insulted. No idiot in their right mind would compare a professional hall of famer to a 17 year old kid. I guess I need to give a lecture on context clues/ reading skills. If your understanding is bad that’s one thing. We in the Pear Orchard are bout uplifting our community and wanting our kids to be successful. I’ve been going to the state tournament since 1986 and I want BU to win it again. It’s unfortunate Dotson got hurt. My prayers are up for him and his family. I also pray that the level of comprehension some people have is improved. As of right now… nevermind. Let’s go BU! The only thing good from Round Rock is Round Rock Donuts! 

This is the last I’ll comment on this: No, I’m not from the Pear Orchard.  I’m a white boy from sour lake that devoted 15 years of my life working with African American kids from Beaumont, many from the Pear Orchard.  Don’t believe me, ask Mieka or Kevin Dotson.  If where you’re from actually even matters in this case, which it shouldn’t, I’ve more than earned the right to stick up for a Beaumont kid.  Sorry that literally everyone else has misinterpreted your seemingly straightforward comparison.  The rest of the stuff you say in this post is great.  I agree with it 100%.  

All in all though, I’m pretty F’d up bout Kayde injury man. And I can only imagine how he feels senior year having to watch his team from the sidelines fight for a state championship as a SETX sports fans & Beaumont fan I’m devastated myself ! But from what I heard the kids are in good spirit and ready to prove everybody wrong who’s counting them out ! 

Just now, ThaGod409 said:

All in all though, I’m pretty F’d up bout Kayde injury man. And I can only imagine how he feels senior year having to watch his team from the sidelines fight for a state championship as a SETX sports fans & Beaumont fan I’m devastated myself ! But from what I heard the kids are in good spirit and ready to prove everybody wrong who’s counting them out ! 

I agree. A real shame for the young man.

Heart goes out to him.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is the last I’ll comment on this: No, I’m not from the Pear Orchard.  I’m a white boy from sour lake that devoted 15 years of my life working with African American kids from Beaumont, many from the Pear Orchard.  Don’t believe me, ask Mieka or Kevin Dotson.  If where you’re from actually even matters in this case, which it shouldn’t, I’ve more than earned the right to stick up for a Beaumont kid.  Sorry that literally everyone else has misinterpreted your seemingly straightforward comparison.  The rest of the stuff you say in this post is great.  I agree with it 100%.  

That was understood from jump street. We uplift our own and do not bring them down. Enough of that goes on in the world. Again I wasn’t comparing. Just making a comment about Kobe. And from what I understand it’s more of a laceration and not an avulsion fracture. Two completely different kinds of injury. Kayde I’m sure wants to play very badly regardless the extent of that injury. God bless him 🤲🏽