6A State semifinals #9 United vs. #2 Stoney Point Predictions

14 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

No im strictly talking about Kobe’s innate ability to play through injury. Including but not limited to broken bones and/torn ligaments or tendons. Almost Wolverine like pain tolerance and recovery 

Doing this as a paid professional is one thing.  No need for a kid with a bright future ahead of him to risk that future by making an injury worse.  Tough decision and heart breaking but its a decision not to be taken lightly. One made by family first and coaches second.

16 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

No im strictly talking about Kobe’s innate ability to play through injury. Including but not limited to broken bones and/torn ligaments or tendons. Almost Wolverine like pain tolerance and recovery 

Kobe wouldn’t have played if he could only dribble with one hand

Stil not sure what the extent of Dotsons injury is. And again - this Kobe fun fact has nothing to do with a high school kid. Just pointing out how he willed through an avulsion fracture in his index finger (shooting hand) essentially for an entire season and won a nba championship:

Fun fact: Kobe Bryant won the 2010 Championship while playing with a broken index finger on his shooting hand 

We hear a lot about Michael Jordan's Flu Game and how tough and legendary his performances are. But as always with Kobe, there are a lot of things that tend to get forgotten and overlooked.

One such tidbit is the fact that he played in all playoff games during the 2010 championship run and won a ring while playing with a broken index finger in his shooting hand.

Essentially, he re-crafted his entire shooting motion to adjust to the injury and played through it.

Bryant suffered an avulsion fracture in two places near the tip of the [index] finger on Dec. 11 [2009] as he tried to field a low Jordan Farmar pass. Bryant kept playing despite a projection of needing at least six weeks to heal – and he played pretty well. He was the Western Conference Player of the Month for December.

He wound up also the NBA Finals MVP, and he got there by refashioning his shooting stroke to put more pressure on the ball with his thumb and middle finger – trying to use the splinted index finger only as a guide. With the help of Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person, Bryant retooled his entire follow-through.

8 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Stil not sure what the extent of Dotsons injury is. And again - this Kobe fun fact has nothing to do with a high school kid. Just pointing out how he willed through an avulsion fracture in his index finger (shooting hand) essentially for an entire season and won a nba championship:

Fun fact: Kobe Bryant won the 2010 Championship while playing with a broken index finger on his shooting hand 

We hear a lot about Michael Jordan's Flu Game and how tough and legendary his performances are. But as always with Kobe, there are a lot of things that tend to get forgotten and overlooked.

One such tidbit is the fact that he played in all playoff games during the 2010 championship run and won a ring while playing with a broken index finger in his shooting hand.

Essentially, he re-crafted his entire shooting motion to adjust to the injury and played through it.

Bryant suffered an avulsion fracture in two places near the tip of the [index] finger on Dec. 11 [2009] as he tried to field a low Jordan Farmar pass. Bryant kept playing despite a projection of needing at least six weeks to heal – and he played pretty well. He was the Western Conference Player of the Month for December.

He wound up also the NBA Finals MVP, and he got there by refashioning his shooting stroke to put more pressure on the ball with his thumb and middle finger – trying to use the splinted index finger only as a guide. With the help of Lakers assistant coach Chuck Person, Bryant retooled his entire follow-through.

You should've posted this on the pro sports forum since it has nothing to do with Dotson.

34 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

You should've posted this on the pro sports forum since it has nothing to do with Dotson

34 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

You should've posted this on the pro sports forum since it has nothing to do with Dotson.

Reading is fundamental. I bet there are some very low SAT scores in this thread. I can post whatever I like. This isn’t North Korea my guy 

On 3/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, Kowboy98 said:

I know this is irrelevant. But if Kobe had this same injury and it was a game 7… he would play and likely drop 40. 

1. Do you know the extent of his injury? Because I do, and Kobe isn't dropping 40 in the same condition.  Highly unlikely he would play, and if he did he would be severely limited.

2. Dotson doesn't have a choice.  If the doctor doesn't clear him the school isn't going to let him play, no matter how bad he wants to.

3. There's a lot more at stake for Dotson than just this next game.

Regardless, it's kind of ridiculous that you're on here insinuating that a high school kid isn't tough enough or doesn't care enough.  You either don't know him or are a terrible judge of character.

Am I reading this thread correctly?

Did someone bring up Kobe's mentality in a high school forum...and we RAN with it!? This is some weird behavior on many levels, and some of you need to log out and get help. 

45 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

1. Do you know the extent of his injury? Because I do, and Kobe isn't dropping 40 in the same condition.  Highly unlikely he would play, and if he did he would be severely limited.

2. Dotson doesn't have a choice.  If the doctor doesn't clear him the school isn't going to let him play, no matter how bad he wants to.

3. There's a lot more at stake for Dotson than just this next game.

Regardless, it's kind of ridiculous that you're on here insinuating that a high school kid isn't tough enough or doesn't care enough.  You either don't know him or are a terrible judge of character.

I know the Dotson family very well. I’m not from Nederland or Lumberton… and also not a keyboard gangster. I never insinuated anything. You guys who are doing all this talking are telling on yourselves. Again, with this level of comprehension I’m sure your SAT scores were mediocre at best lmao. That’s if you even took it 

3 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

I know the Dotson family very well. I’m not from Nederland or Lumberton… and also not a keyboard gangster. I never insinuated anything. You guys who are doing all this talking are telling on yourselves. Again, with this level of comprehension I’m sure your SAT scores were mediocre at best lmao. That’s if you even took it 

Throw book smarts out the window, son. You brought up and compared an 18/3 high school kid to arguably a top 5 player of all time. Your common sense, or lack thereof, should've told you that one probably should've been kept in your almighty think tank. 

6 minutes ago, Box1 said:

Throw book smarts out the window, son. You brought up and compared an 18/3 high school kid to arguably a top 5 player of all time. Your common sense, or lack thereof, should've told you that one probably should've been kept in your almighty think tank. 

Bingo.

28 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Attempting to insult others' intelligence considering the line you've taken in this thread.  Oh, and while you're right that this isn't North Korea, you in fact cannot post "whatever you want", my guy.  personal attacks against other members aren't allowed, 

27 minutes ago, Box1 said:

I in no way compared a 17 year old kid to a grown man who was a paid professional. Go back and read carefully. 

15 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Attempting to insult others' intelligence is laughable when you're too dumb to understand why people took offense to your post, and were dumb enough to post it to begin with.

I don’t know why people aren’t from where I’m from took offense. Because trust me those who are DIDNT. When telling on yourself goes bad…. 

On 3/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, Kowboy98 said:

I know this is irrelevant. But if Kobe had this same injury and it was a game 7… he would play and likely drop 40. 

You are comparing the mentality of a HOF'er to a high school kid. Just log off son and go study for your tests.

Just now, Kowboy98 said:

My grandma would call you slow as syrup. And no she wasn’t talking about foot speed 

IMG_9939.png

You are a lost cause son. You won't be getting any more of my time. Have a nice day and don't do drugs.