Silsbee 79 Houston Washington 70/FINAL

Stafford beat Iowa Colony 71-64

Here are your 4 teams at state:

Region I    Randall

Region II   Faith Family

Region III   Silsbee

Region IV   Stafford

Randall will be #1 seed, Stafford #2

Coin flip will determine which team those two will play in semis out of Silsbee and FF.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If Stafford wins, that will guarantee that Silsbee and FF will not play each other in semifinal.

Randall and Stafford both have better winning percentages than Silsbee and FF. They would be the #1 and #2 seeds. Then those two would flip to see who plays Silsbee and FF.

Now if Iowa Colony wins, Silsbee will be the #2 seed and Randall would be #1. Then it's a 50/50 that Silsbee could play FF in semis

Was just looking at that!

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Stafford beat Iowa Colony 71-64

Here are your 4 teams at state:

Region I    Randall

Region II   Faith Family

Region III   Silsbee

Region IV   Stafford

Randall will be #1 seed, Stafford #2

Coin flip will determine which team those two will play in semis out of Silsbee and FF.

Oh nice so we can avoid FF until the championship 

Final dunk count was 5 - 2 in favor of Silsbee. That Harris one in the 4th was particularly nice.

Leading scorers:

Harris - 19

Bottley - 17

Miller - 14

Jones - 12

A lot of the other Tiger players had little spurts that really helped get the win. Elam, Shoulders, Boulwen and Johnson. Johnson had a few good defensive plays that lead to baskets. Boulwen with some good defense while Rice was sitting. Shoulders with a timely 3 and Elam with some good defense stops.

Next game will be tough no doubt. They'll be at a real size disadvantage if they play Stafford.

53 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Final dunk count was 5 - 2 in favor of Silsbee. That Harris one in the 4th was particularly nice.

Leading scorers:

Harris - 19

Bottley - 17

Miller - 14

Jones - 12

A lot of the other Tiger players had little spurts that really helped get the win. Elam, Shoulders, Boulwen and Johnson. Johnson had a few good defensive plays that lead to baskets. Boulwen with some good defense while Rice was sitting. Shoulders with a timely 3 and Elam with some good defense stops.

Next game will be tough no doubt. They'll be at a real size disadvantage if they play Stafford.

That dunk to go up 63-57 was nice. He dunk on #4 the post for Booker T. 

Kind of missed in the elation is a hint of something else, maybe not sadness but poignancy.  I have a lot of respect for this Eagles team.  And this epic three year rivalry has now come to an end.

Okay.  I'm over it now.  ON TO SAN ANTONIO!!!!

They announced and all tournament team consisting of three players from the winning and second place teams.  For Silsbee it was Harris, Miller and Bottley.  For Washington it was McDermott, Carter and one whose name I didn't catch, probably Johnson.