Silsbee vs Houston Wheatley Predictions

I think the scare that the Longhorns gave Silsbee last night was actually a good thing.  The Tigers built a lead (despite playing really wonky) and then got complacent.  The Longhorns went on a tear and close to within 5.  It was a trip.  Tiger fans were thinking, "What the heck!"  The Tigers themselves may have been thinking, "What the heck!"

And the net result is that Silsbee should now have no illusions now about cruising easily to a finals rematch with Washington.  Wheatley is not going to surprise them as Hamshire Fannett almost did.  Since Wheatley and Hamshire Fannett are practically interchangeable I say Silsbee by 14.  

30 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I think the scare that the Longhorns gave Silsbee last night was actually a good thing.  The Tigers built a lead (despite playing really wonky) and then got complacent.  The Longhorns went on a tear and close to within 5.  It was a trip.  Tiger fans were thinking, "What the heck!"  The Tigers themselves may have been thinking, "What the heck!"

And the net result is that Silsbee should now have no illusions now about cruising easily to a finals rematch with Washington.  Wheatley is not going to surprise them as Hamshire Fannett almost did.  Since Wheatley and Hamshire Fannett are practically interchangeable I say Silsbee by 14.  

Be careful.  Washington may get wind of this and try to schedule a game vs another HISD team instead…

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Don't mind him, he's still bitter B.T.W. didn't play BU this season. 

Well!  We'd be more than happy to have Washington move up to 5A and BU can play them to their hearts content!  And while they're at it HISD could combine Yates, Wheatley and Furr into one fair sized 6A school!  21-4A is too big anyway.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Maybe you should ask ‘Coach’ if he can debunk it.  Lord knows he’s been quiet as a church mouse up to this point.  

Why is that such an issue with you?

Teams cancel for a multitude of reasons all the time. Scheduling conflicts happen.

I know for a fact that Silsbee, Central, Ozen, West Brook and other local teams have had to cancel games before. United may not have had to yet (not positive about this) in their short amount of time but I promise you they will in the future.

It happens.

Get over it. smh

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why is that such an issue with you?

Teams cancel for a multitude of reasons all the time. Scheduling conflicts happen.

I know for a fact that Silsbee, Central, Ozen, West Brook and other local teams have had to cancel games before. United may not have had to yet (not positive about this) in their short amount of time but I promise you they will in the future.

It happens.

Get over it. smh

I’m all around the REASONING behind it, and they excuse they gave the public.  THAT particular situation was bull dung.  Now any other team’s situation that you’re hinting at, really not relevant here.  Don’t mean to hijack yall thread here, but I hope if Silsbee do meet them and match up with them, I hope yall beat the breaks off of them.  Then I’ll probably find them on X and troll them.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. Anyway, carry on…

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Well!  We'd be more than happy to have Washington move up to 5A and BU can play them to their hearts content!  And while they're at it HISD could combine Yates, Wheatley and Furr into one fair sized 6A school!  21-4A is too big anyway.

Silsbee should move up to 5A, dominating SETX 4A teams ???