UIL to consider penalties for North Shore football for violating recruiting rules

Lots of staffs at winning programs have "talent acquisition" guys, it's an open topic in south Dallas county. North Shore is about to take the reprimand for the whole east side when they get less kids than CE King and lower profile transfers than Summer Creek. I think the UIL does the least they can to NS so they don't start going down a slippery slope around the rest of the state because I can 100% guarantee you Coach Cam is far from the only one that has sent sketchy DM's to kids. 

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lots of staffs at winning programs have "talent acquisition" guys, it's an open topic in south Dallas county. North Shore is about to take the reprimand for the whole east side when they get less kids than CE King and lower profile transfers than Summer Creek. I think the UIL does the least they can to NS so they don't start going down a slippery slope around the rest of the state because I can 100% guarantee you Coach Cam is far from the only one that has sent sketchy DM's to kids. 

A guy that has only been with the program for a year & a half was the talent acquisition guy huh? Imagine that lol 

Btw there was nothing sketchy about the DM, the guy and his wife owns a RECRUITING SERVICE that helps kids get exposure. Something he’s been doing long before he got to NS & as you should know Crosby hired his wife as the recruiting coordinator over all programs because of her expertise in recruiting.   

12 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

A guy that has only been with the program for a year & a half was the talent acquisition guy huh? Imagine that lol 

Btw there was nothing sketchy about the DM, the guy and his wife owns a RECRUITING SERVICE that helps kids get exposure. Something he’s been doing long before he got to NS & as you should know Crosby hired his wife as the recruiting coordinator over all programs because of her expertise in recruiting.   

Yeah, I know all about it. I can show you several pictures where she took my son on recruiting visits this fall while I was on T/A. My classmate/teammate is the assistant AD at North Shore so I'm pretty familiar with the talent acquisition process. All my cousins played for Aymond, North Shore was "acquiring" kids from Forrest Brook, Smiley and CE King way back when Corey Redding and Andre Gurode were on the team in the late '90's when NS first got good. 

I saw the DM, so we can debate the semantics of the word "sketchy" but the UIL doesn't investigate things that are above board or at least appear to be. That being said, I don't think anything should happen to Coach Cam or NS other than a "Don't do it again" slap on the wrist. I was at a 7 on 7 tournament in Dallas a couple years ago watching one of my buddy's kids and one of the parents showed us a DM from a coach offering to help her get a car so she could more easily bring her son to a certain school. If the UIL isn't going to take active measure to police it all then North Shore shouldn't be singled out but if I was a coach on another staff and saw that DM I would probably make the same assumptions he did, you would too since any coach is going to automatically assume the worst.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, I know all about it. I can show you several pictures where she took my son on recruiting visits this fall while I was on T/A. My classmate/teammate is the assistant AD at North Shore so I'm pretty familiar with the talent acquisition process. All my cousins played for Aymond, North Shore was "acquiring" kids from Forrest Brook, Smiley and CE King way back when Corey Redding and Andre Gurode were on the team in the late '90's when NS first got good. 

I saw the DM, so we can debate the semantics of the word "sketchy" but the UIL doesn't investigate things that are above board or at least appear to be. That being said, I don't think anything should happen to Coach Cam or NS other than a "Don't do it again" slap on the wrist. I was at a 7 on 7 tournament in Dallas a couple years ago watching one of my buddy's kids and one of the parents showed us a DM from a coach offering to help her get a car so she could more easily bring her son to a certain school. If the UIL isn't going to take active measure to police it all then North Shore shouldn't be singled out but if I was a coach on another staff and saw that DM I would probably make the same assumptions he did, you would too since any coach is going to automatically assume the worst.  

There is no talent acquisition process nor is there a coach assigned to do such your statements are simply baseless.

Furthermore there were plenty of kids he reached out to & other coaches from those programs saws the DM’s. Yet only one tried to “expose” it as recruiting because of the history between NS & Dekaney HC. The UIL had no choice but to intervene, but as I’ve stated before I highly doubt anything comes of this. 

9 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

There is no talent acquisition process nor is there a coach assigned to do such your statements are simply baseless.

Furthermore there were plenty of kids he reached out to & other coaches from those programs saws the DM’s. Yet only one tried to “expose” it as recruiting because of the history between NS & Dekaney HC. The UIL had no choice but to intervene, but as I’ve stated before I highly doubt anything comes of this. 

"Talent acquisition" lmfaooooo these dudes obviously have never been in a Football coaching environment

1 minute ago, BMT Truth said:

"Talent acquisition" lmfaooooo these dudes obviously have never been in a Football coaching environment

Lol imagine making the new guy who came way from Temple the “talent acquisition” guy 🤣🤣

So who was getting all the talent before he showed up? And if he was the talent acquisition guy he was doing a poor job cause this was one of the least talented teams in the last 6-7 years lmaooooo

3 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol imagine making the new guy who came way from Temple the “talent acquisition” guy 🤣🤣

So who was getting all the talent before he showed up? And if he was the talent acquisition guy he was doing a poor job cause this was one of the least talented teams in the last 6-7 years lmaooooo

Every HC I've ever been around are some of the hardest working, example setting, "by the book" types of people I've ever been associated with in ANY career/profession. These dudes really out here thinking it's the  Pony Excess side-show in HS ball 🤣

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Again I know what’s going on behind the scenes…understand politics when you see them lol but for arguments sake let’s just say I’m wrong 

So are you saying that he was fired  or that NS is misleading the uil?

Dave Tepper with Texas Football Magazine reporting

"Former Galena Park North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron suspended three years, head coach Willie Gaston suspended for two district games by UIL for recruiting infractions.

The UIL Executive Committee did not punish the North Shore program, instead focusing it's judgement on Cameron, who admitted at Wed. hearing to recruiting players from area schools. Gaston, whom the committee  ruled was responsible for the program as a whole but did not participate in the violations."

2 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Dude, North Shore just came and got our star '27 receiver. When Coach P was at Crosby he pulled up in Barrett Station one time because he thought/heard a North Shore coach was trying to acquire his kids during some training sessions. So a head coach with zero connections to the area was already concerned about his kids being poached by North Shore. Furthermore, at the area track meet in BH last year I was offered a "way" for both of my high school sons to come to North Shore. Again, you can parse the words whichever way you please but the UIL just agreed with my point of view so it seems you're the one making baseless statements even though you "know what's going on behind the scenes".   

39 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Dave Tepper with Texas Football Magazine reporting

"Former Galena Park North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron suspended three years, head coach Willie Gaston suspended for two district games by UIL for recruiting infractions.

The UIL Executive Committee did not punish the North Shore program, instead focusing it's judgement on Cameron, who admitted at Wed. hearing to recruiting players from area schools. Gaston, whom the committee  ruled was responsible for the program as a whole but did not participate in the violations."

Obviously the UIL got it wrong because Coach Izzy "really knows what happened", they just randomly hand out 3 year suspensions for DMs. 

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, North Shore just came and got our star '27 receiver. When Coach P was at Crosby he pulled up in Barrett Station one time because he thought/heard a North Shore coach was trying to acquire his kids during some training sessions. So a head coach with zero connections to the area was already concerned about his kids being poached by North Shore. Furthermore, at the area track meet in BH last year I was offered a "way" for both of my high school sons to come to North Shore. Again, you can parse the words whichever way you please but the UIL just agreed with my point of view so it seems you're the one making baseless statements even though you "know what's going on behind the scenes".   

Which Coach from NS was responsible for bringing the star WR to the program? Go head I'm listening, cause I actually know how he ended up at NS.

Which Coach you spoke with at the track meet? 

UIL didn’t agree with you actually the coach in question simply admitted to the allegations & took the punishment because he makes more money running his recruitment service than he does coaching HS football & furthermore has plans to go into the college ranks with his wife.

You made a baseless statement about having “talent acquisition coaches” which is simply not true so please stand on it. Tell us who these coaches are that you spoke with lol

6 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Which Coach from NS was responsible for bringing the star WR to the program? Go head I'm listening, cause I actually know how he ended up at NS.

UIL didn’t agree with you actually the coach in question simply admitted to the allegations & took the punishment because he makes more money running his recruitment service than he does coaching HS football & furthermore has plans to go into the college ranks with his wife.

You made a baseless statement about having “talent acquisition coaches” which is simply not true so please stand on it. Tell us who these coaches are that you spoke with lol

Kid ended up at North Shore after Coach P left, you can talk to his dad like I did about who got him there. He's eligible now and that's all that matters. 

Didn't speak to a coach at the track meet, I spoke to a GPISD administrator

You said the DM wasn't meant to be taken as a recruitment, he admitted it was. You can ask him why YOU think he lied to the UIL, I can send you his contact information. He drove my son and one of NS' o-linemen to a visit. 

A couple of staffs ago our guy was Coach Mann, partially the reason we ended up with a D1 offensive lineman from North Shore. Lots of kids were "familiar" with Coach Price at NS prior to him taking the UTSA job, you can ask Tre Dixon's mom about it if you want more information. My cousin was an All-American at NS under Aymond and currently coaches at Desoto, the whole I-20 corridor has "talent acquisition" guys on the staff literally all the way west to Arlington ISD where another one of my cousins coaches at Bowie. My co-worker's son was the starting QB at CE King before he transferred to New Caney, I could tell you who the coach is that acquired the QB who led to my co-worker's son transferring but he's still on staff at King. 

41 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Would the coach still be able to run or even be associated with the recruiting service if he is hired by a college program? 

If not, he better land a pretty good college job to equal or exceed a present salary that is more than double his pay at North Shore. I assume we are looking at over 150,00 grand.  UH and RICE or the only 2 Houston based that will get that. 

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kid ended up at North Shore after Coach P left, you can talk to his dad like I did about who got him there. He's eligible now and that's all that matters. 

Didn't speak to a coach at the track meet, I spoke to a GPISD administrator

You said the DM wasn't meant to be taken as a recruitment, he admitted it was. You can ask him why YOU think he lied to the UIL, I can send you his contact information. He drove my son and one of NS' o-linemen to a visit. 

A couple of staffs ago our guy was Coach Mann, partially the reason we ended up with a D1 offensive lineman from North Shore. Lots of kids were "familiar" with Coach Price at NS prior to him taking the UTSA job, you can ask Tre Dixon's mom about it if you want more information. My cousin was an All-American at NS under Aymond and currently coaches at Desoto, the whole I-20 corridor has "talent acquisition" guys on the staff literally all the way west to Arlington ISD where another one of my cousins coaches at Bowie. My co-worker's son was the starting QB at CE King before he transferred to New Caney, I could tell you who the coach is that acquired the QB who led to my co-worker's son transferring but he's still on staff at King. 

Don’t have to ask anyone I KNOW! His middle school got hired at NS and he decided to come with him. 

What GPISD administrator you spoke to? 

& yes plenty of kids were familiar with Coach Price because he helped a lot of kids get scholarships outside of NS kids, he was very well connected as you can see he’s made his way to the college ranks.

You also failed to mention the report that was done on NS football program showing all of the transfers into the program over the past 4 years from the time the kids were in 7th grade. That report proved your statement about having “talent acquisition” coaches are indeed BASELESS & more than majority of the student athletes came from Cunnigham & NS Middle School. So again whoever the talent acquisition guy is he’s doing a very poor job.

3 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Would the coach still be able to run or even be associated with the recruiting service if he is hired by a college program? 

If not, he better land a pretty good college job to equal or exceed a present salary that is more than double his pay at North Shore. I assume we are looking at over 150,00 grand.  UH and RICE or the only 2 Houston based that will get that. 

His wife works for HBU in a recruiting role currently & still runs the company lol