Dre'lon Miller    WR    Silsbee

Hieko Malone    QB    Newton

Isiah Nguyen      RB    PN-G

Defense

Bron Melvin         LB      Kirbyville

Homer Ware        LB      Hamshire-Fannett

Luke McDow        LB      LC-M

Ty'Anthony Smith   LB    Jasper

Winners will be announced at the banquet on March 3rd.

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

I think D. Miller and T. Smith are the odds-on favorites, but I'd honestly vote for Nguyen on offense if I had a vote.  

I seriously thought your post on here would go a different way lol. (IYKYK from the past discussions on this award) 🤣

On 2/22/2024 at 11:54 AM, setxathlete14 said:

maybe my math isn't the greatest but could you imagine what drelons numbers would've been getting close to the touches of nguyen? My pick is miller. He was consistently the best player on the field.

First, I don't think he was the best player on the field the week that Jasper came to Silsbee... Smith from Jasper should have worn a cape that night.

Secondly, the "on the field" part does mean something... Miller was MIA in the second half against Bellville.  He wasn't too injured to start, just too injured to stay in the game once it started getting out of hand.  I know that he's got a future to think about, and I understand his decision to chill on the sidelines while the rest of the Tigers were getting a demonstration on how the Slot T is supposed to work.  Being the most athletically gifted kid on the team and being the best player on the field aren't the same thing. 

But I wouldn't argue too much if Miller won.... he's still pretty deserving.

15 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

First, I don't think he was the best player on the field the week that Jasper came to Silsbee... Smith from Jasper should have worn a cape that night.

Secondly, the "on the field" part does mean something... Miller was MIA in the second half against Bellville.  He wasn't too injured to start, just too injured to stay in the game once it started getting out of hand.  I know that he's got a future to think about, and I understand his decision to chill on the sidelines while the rest of the Tigers were getting a demonstration on how the Slot T is supposed to work.  Being the most athletically gifted kid on the team and being the best player on the field aren't the same thing. 

But I wouldn't argue too much if Miller won.... he's still pretty deserving.

Miller, should have not been on the field at all against Bellville, as people realized by his slow return to the Basketball court ,but he wanted to start, and hope for a miracle. But injuries and team dynamics affect the decisions of these Individual awards, and in my opinion the Nguyen kid should win it , hands down. 

4 hours ago, old guy 71 said:

Miller, should have not been on the field at all against Bellville, as people realized by his slow return to the Basketball court ,but he wanted to start, and hope for a miracle. But injuries and team dynamics affect the decisions of these Individual awards, and in my opinion the Nguyen kid should win it , hands down. 

If its a statistical award, sure. When I see nguyen play. I think of how great the o-line was FIRST. And i think the other RB too can get close to his numbers as well.. I feel like I have seen better RBs at PNG thru the years.....when I see miller play. I see a game changing difference every snap he is in. Just my personal opinion

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to 2024 Willie Ray Smith Finalists/WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED