2024 Willie Ray Smith Finalists/WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to 2024 Willie Ray Smith Finalists/WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED
29 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Curious to what Tyanthony Smiths stat line was last season.. I’m just trying to figure out what would cause some people not to vote for him

The kid from Kirbyville had better numbers overall.

Smith had 109 tackles, 23 for loss, 6 sacks

Melvin had 152 tackles, 30 for loss, 10 sacks

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

My understanding is that voters collectively agreed that young men who flipped their commitments would be considered to not reflect the character off of the field that is celebrated by the WRS. 

Or the Aggie vote was showing out.  I dunno.

I am not understanding, can you break this down for someone with a Spurger education please. 

5 minutes ago, Unbelievableee said:

I am not understanding, can you break this down for someone with a Spurger education please. 

The odds on favorites would have been Smith from Jasper on D and Miller from Silsbee on O. Both young men committed to Texas A&M, then decided to accept better NIL deals elsewhere. 

My insinuation was that either voters were turned off my these young abandoning their commitments, or just bitter Aggie fans. 

‘Twas a joke. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

The odds on favorites would have been Smith from Jasper on D and Miller from Silsbee on O. Both young men committed to Texas A&M, then decided to accept better NIL deals elsewhere. 

My insinuation was that either voters were turned off my these young abandoning their commitments, or just bitter Aggie fans. 

‘Twas a joke. 

Ok. Was hoping you were not suggesting that miller was a bad kid off the field/court, because it does not get much better 

3 minutes ago, Little Jerry said:

Heard this very well could be the last WRS. Not much interest or support. 

That's the rumor.

Lions Club is wanting out of it.

Our voter panel has changed drastically this year too. Some have left the business and were replaced by some newbies.

But the big deal is we are getting less and less of local coaches nominating players.

I hope it continues but won't be surprised if it doesn't.