Lamar Baseball 2024

On 2/10/2024 at 4:02 AM, snakehead26 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Highlights: baseball opens Friday February 16 at South Alabama tournament; Lamar picked second on preseason conference poll; first home game is March 1.

Highlights??  I need college baseball and they aren't home until March!  That's not a highlight, but at least baseball is coming soon.  LU fans will enjoy the HCU transfer at 2nd base. He is simply fun to watch play. 

14 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

1-0. 4-2 win in the season opener.  Don't worry Spidersal, they will lose a close one at some point and you and I can call for a regime change from the President all the way to all adjunct faculty.   College baseball is here!!

I know you are joking but Sal and whoever else can call for all the coaching changes you want (and might be justified).  But let’s all pray Dr. Taylor is here for a long, long time.  Easily the best president Lamar has had in a long, long time.  

16 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I know you are joking but Sal and whoever else can call for all the coaching changes you want (and might be justified).  But let’s all pray Dr. Taylor is here for a long, long time.  Easily the best president Lamar has had in a long, long time.  

I have met Dr. Taylor a few times and am thoroughly impressed.  If there is a President as supportive of programs like him in the SLC I would be shocked.  

Well myrecordwashorrible, I have come to the conclusion that with Davis leading the way, we will continue to get the same results for Lamar baseball

We simply need to remember that under his leadership Lamar has not won a conference championship and only has 1 win in conference tournament play 

Lamar elected to keep him, so IMO we will see the same results, with close to the same number of wins and losses, with a quick exit if they make it to the conference tournament 

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

Well myrecordwashorrible, I have come to the conclusion that with Davis leading the way, we will continue to get the same results for Lamar baseball

We simply need to remember that under his leadership Lamar has not won a conference championship and only has 1 win in conference tournament play 

Lamar elected to keep him, so IMO we will see the same results, with close to the same number of wins and losses, with a quick exit if they make it to the conference tournament 

You very well may be right.  We shall see.  

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Clowns win 9--1 over North Alabama.  Move to 2-1. 

Travel to Baylor Tuesday and then head to Sugarland for a tournament hosted by HCU.  

Lol, North Alabama? Come on, if you’re a baseball guy that’s not impressive. It’s a D1 win, but far from anything impressive. Now, South Alabama, that would’ve been a good win, but….the clown couldn’t pull it out. Go figure

Lamar chose to keep Davis so the Cardinals are going to be mediocre  When they play weak teams they have a chance. When they play good teams no chance. A&M is good and you saw the result. Baylor and South Alabama average and you saw the result. The 5 wins were against teams with Lamar’s talent level. Actually the wins vs UTSA and SFA were decent. Wins vs UIC, Southern Indiana, and North Alabama were against weak teams

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

Lamar chose to keep Davis so the Cardinals are going to be mediocre  When they play weak teams they have a chance. When they play good teams no chance. A&M is good and you saw the result. Baylor and South Alabama average and you saw the result. The 5 wins were against teams with Lamar’s talent level. Actually the wins vs UTSA and SFA were decent. Wins vs UIC, Southern Indiana, and North Alabama were against weak teams

A&M is one of the most talented teams in the country.  Their 1st three batters will all be drafted high in the 1st round over the next few years.  A&M will beat a lot of teams like that this year.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M is one of the most talented teams in the country.  Their 1st three batters will all be drafted high in the 1st round over the next few years.  A&M will beat a lot of teams like that this year.  

Mack you don't understand. spidersal thinks Lamar should be a top 10 national program in all sports.