Kountze 55 Orangefield 60/FINAL!

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Kountze 55 Orangefield 60/FINAL!

Guys, it wont let me "like" anymore posts tonight but I really appreciate the kind words about our son! He is special and I love the big games because it gives him the opportunity to put that on display! I have always told him, "cream rises to the top" and he always has, so it is what it is! Great talent on both sides of the ball and great coaching as well, but we knew what we had, and knew what our boys are capable of. They are brothers and we are all family! If you are going to go into battle, make it be with folks you love!

To all the haters, humble pie is best served cold and that is exactly what happened tonight! We dont run it up on folks because that isnt who we are. We play the game the right way with respect for our opponents. Not saying Kountze doesnt respect their opponents, but we dont care what our average points per game is or even average margin of victory. We care about the win loss column, but want our boys to understand compassion and empathy for their opponents. Coach Whitmire and his staff are teaching more than basketball!

Ghost put on an MVP performance in tonights game as well as Game 1, but what Im most proud of is how when is brother Mason Donald form Kountze went down he asked our trainer to go to his locker and get his pickle juice, he ran that over to Kountze's bench during the timeout! Proud of my dawg for loving his brother and knowing some things are bigger than basketball.

So proud of all of these young men, Orangefield and Kountze! Seeding Game Im sure will be another barn fire! I'D LOVE TO PLAY THAT ONE IN WOS'S NEW ARENA AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO THEM!

1 hour ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Guys, it wont let me "like" anymore posts tonight but I really appreciate the kind words about our son! He is special and I love the big games because it gives him the opportunity to put that on display! I have always told him, "cream rises to the top" and he always has, so it is what it is! Great talent on both sides of the ball and great coaching as well, but we knew what we had, and knew what our boys are capable of. They are brothers and we are all family! If you are going to go into battle, make it be with folks you love!

To all the haters, humble pie is best served cold and that is exactly what happened tonight! We dont run it up on folks because that isnt who we are. We play the game the right way with respect for our opponents. Not saying Kountze doesnt respect their opponents, but we dont care what our average points per game is or even average margin of victory. We care about the win loss column, but want our boys to understand compassion and empathy for their opponents. Coach Whitmire and his staff are teaching more than basketball!

Ghost put on an MVP performance in tonights game as well as Game 1, but what Im most proud of is how when is brother Mason Donald form Kountze went down he asked our trainer to go to his locker and get his pickle juice, he ran that over to Kountze's bench during the timeout! Proud of my dawg for loving his brother and knowing some things are bigger than basketball.

So proud of all of these young men, Orangefield and Kountze! Seeding Game Im sure will be another barn fire! I'D LOVE TO PLAY THAT ONE IN WOS'S NEW ARENA AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO THEM!

So if you are not saying Kountze don't respect their opponents, than what are you saying. 

We play the the game the right way, we want our boys to understand compassion and empathy for their opponents. So you couldn't score a 100 points on your opponents, that means you show compassion and empathy. Who are you to PAST JUDGEMENT on these coaches and players. All you had to say was great job Bobcats, all the rest of that crap was ridiculous. 

#GodDontMakeMistakes

Edited by Sports86
misspelled word

25 minutes ago, Sports86 said:

So if you are not saying Kountze don't respect their opponents, than what are you saying. 

We play the the game the right way, we want our boys to understand compassion and empathy for their opponents. So you couldn't score a 100 points on your opponents, that means you show compassion and empathy. Who are you to PAST JUDGEMENT on these coaches and players. All you had to say was great job Bobcats, all the rest of that crap was ridiculous. 

#GodDontMakeMistakes

We have had several games that we were scored near 50 at half, but let off the gas. It wasn't a shot, its just pointing out who our boys are and how their coaching staff leads them. Actions always speak louder than words, so we choose to represent ourselves that way. 

I have read over and over again on these threads how it was "personal for Kountze this year and they were sending a message". I read how Kountze would have killed us the first game "but they just had an off night shooting". Nobody cares about all that bull. We just know what we got and believe in our boys, we know what they are made of!

It's nothing personal, and if yall had 40 pieced us then I wouldn't have been able to say a word, but the fact is yall didn't, so these boys don't have to take a backseat to that crap anymore. They played yall down to the wire in two close games and ended up splitting 1/2 with yall. This is an actual sample and says what we were capable of in District  even if the scores didn't reflect it on the point differential.

Our boys and Coaches deserve the same credit for winning tonight and playing the game the way they do, that yall would have gotten if yall had beaten us playing the game the way yall do! 

Life is about choices, and our lives are a reflection of the choices we have previously made, nothing more, nothing less .............. 

3 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

We have had several games that we were scored near 50 at half, but let off the gas. It wasn't a shot, its just pointing out who our boys are and how their coaching staff leads them. Actions always speak louder than words, so we choose to represent ourselves that way. 

I have read over and over again on these threads how it was "personal for Kountze this year and they were sending a message". I read how Kountze would have killed us the first game "but they just had an off night shooting". Nobody cares about all that bull. We just know what we got and believe in our boys, we know what they are made of!

It's nothing personal, and if yall had 40 pieced us then I wouldn't have been able to say a word, but the fact is yall didn't, so these boys don't have to take a backseat to that crap anymore. They played yall down to the wire in two close games and ended up splitting 1/2 with yall. This is an actual sample and says what we were capable of in District  even if the scores didn't reflect it on the point differential.

Our boys and Coaches deserve the same credit for winning tonight and playing the game the way they do, that yall would have gotten if yall had beaten us playing the game the way yall do! 

Life is about choices, and our lives are a reflection of the choices we have previously made, nothing more, nothing less .............. 

Just to be clear, I'm not "y'all" as in being a Kountze fan. I'm from Orangefield, had 3 kids graduate from Orangefield, all 3 played sports at Orangefield. You spoke on the behalf of yourself, the coaches, the boys and the community of Orangefield, not sure why you felt the need to do so. As I stated, all that needed to be said was great job Bobcats, the rest of your comments is not  Orangefield. Your son is a great player, let him be great on his on accord.

James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

Matthew 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and a tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn them the other cheek also."

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Just an FYI

Orangefield won district at every sub-varsity level.  And 7th grade through Varsity, they’ve lost one game.  That’s right one (the first varsity game with Kountze obviously).  The future is very bright for Bobcat basketball I would say.  (Thanks to Mr. Todd Shores for that info.)

I was just talking to my parents about this last night.  That’s never happened before!!!!

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Just an FYI

Orangefield won district at every sub-varsity level.  And 7th grade through Varsity, they’ve lost one game.  That’s right one (the first varsity game with Kountze obviously).  The future is very bright for Bobcat basketball I would say.  (Thanks to Mr. Todd Shores for that info.)

Coach Whitmire informed me of that last night before the game. 

I told him he had to make amends for that only loss. Otherwise his team was bringing down the program.

I believe he did just that.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Whitmire informed me of that last night before the game. 

I told him he had to make amends for that only loss. Otherwise his team was bringing down the program.

I believe he did just that.

Too funny 😂

I think we can all agree now that this was one last “home run hire” by Smalley before going to the dark side (relax Cards, I kid).  With a top 10 coach in SETX at the helm (he’s been on my list for years), and the talent coming up through the pipeline, the Bobcats have a chance to be a 3A power for the next several years (assuming they stay 3A, which they should).  Unless there is some major real estate development very quickly, there isn’t a ton of room for population growth in OF. 

(Sidenote:  with Orangefield and Kountze trending up, EC is going to need to up that recruiting budget so they can get back in the mix for those BISD transfers wirh HF.  Step it up Bucs!)