Kountze 55 Orangefield 60/FINAL!

1 minute ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Thats interesting and good info, thank you. Would you or @AggiesAreWe know why some folks would be talking about a coin flip? I'm hearing that is a possibility when the game is only for seeding and not to actually secure a playoff spot. Anything you guys know about that? Also will the game be for sure Friday if we play it? How do they decide location?

Final playoff spots have to be played. In regards to seeding games (#1, 2, 3) there are multiple options.

First and most used option is play the game. Winner gets the higher seed.

Coaches can agree to simply flip a coin. This can be done two different ways. The winner of the flip gets the higher seed (1 over 2 etc.). Or the winner of the flip can choose the seed it prefers out of the two being flipped for.

The other option is one of the teams can concede the seed to the other. This has happened a few times when a coach thinks taking the lower seed is a better route for his team in the playoffs. 

Now there are some districts (not all) that require two teams tied for #1 seed to play the game. Other options are not available. I do not know if 22-3A is one of those districts.

I see Kountze and Orangefield playing but can see both agreeing to a coin flip.

One things for sure. If one coach wants to play and the other does not, then the coach that doesn't want to play has to concede the seed.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Final playoff spots have to be played. In regards to seeding games (#1, 2, 3) there are multiple options.

Coaches can agree to simply flip a coin. This can be done two different ways. The winner of the flip gets the higher seed (1 over 2 etc.). Or the winner of the flip can choose the seed it prefers out of the two being flipped for.

The other option is one of the teams can concede the seed to the other. This has happened a few times when a coach thinks taking the lower seed is a better route for his team in the playoffs. 

Now there are some districts (not all) that require two teams tied for #1 seed to play the game. Other options are not available. I do not know if 22-3A is one of those districts.

One things for sure. If one coach wants to play and the other does not, then the coach that doesn't want to play has to concede the seed.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. A lot of strategy in this one for sure.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is excellent.  Thanks for laying it out for us.