La Porte Football stadium

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I walked by it when I was there watching 2nd round softball vs LaPorte.  It’s gonna be nice. 

Is it going to be ready for the upcoming season? Seems like they have a ways to go.

42 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

When did they start building?

Late January. Groundbreaking was January 13.

Of course, hurricane season will have a lot to do with the schedule as the school complex is less than a tenth of a mile from the bay. That’s also part of the expense. Much tougher building codes—which equals cost.

It was sorely needed. Old Bulldog wouldn’t pass inspections any more. Plus, being able to host events should help with some of the maintenance budget costs.

I wish they’d have been able to buy out the strip center next to the stadium for parking. But, my understanding is the owners wouldn’t sell at this time.

26 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I thought they were banned, or maybe that was just me banning them 😂

I had actually been told by a former coach that Abseck had declined allowing La Porte to use Eagle Stadium this year. But, I take it as just a rumor. I don’t really know & haven’t heard confirmation one way or the other.

Seemed a little over a HC/AD pay grade to decide facility usage. But, I may be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

10 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

La Porte only has 3 home games scheduled this year.....I've been told they'll probably play at Deer Park this year but they are really hoping the stadium may be ready to host at least one game this year

Yeah. I just don’t see it (hosting) unless the field itself is ready and fans aren’t allowed yet. I could see the field itself being ready. Or, they could set up bleachers at the new auxiliary field I guess. I don’t think there’s a completion bonus big enough to push through a schedule of less than 12 months. Just getting the materials/scheduling space in the laydown yard is pushing it in that timeframe.

For the cost involved, I don’t see the admin pushing schedule over quality control. LPISD is generally a pretty good steward of funds/deliverables.

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Maybe the field will be ready for LP to play bidistrict game at home 😉

That would be awesome. I know some families of seniors are really hoping it’s good to go for their graduation as well. That—I think—is easily doable. Again, depending on hurricane season this year. I keep hearing a busier than normal year. Let’s all hope not.

59 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

That would be awesome. I know some families of seniors are really hoping it’s good to go for their graduation as well. That—I think—is easily doable. Again, depending on hurricane season this year. I keep hearing a busier than normal year. Let’s all hope not.

Amen to that…. With this weather we been having last several weeks. No telling what’s in store..