Scott Rich named as new Nederland HC/AD

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Team bonding. It's needed in Nederland wouldn't you agree?

Yes.  It sounds like so far that the new coach is moving them in the right direction.

On 3/3/2024 at 5:33 PM, pine curtain said:

the band and drill team have nothing to do with winning or losing football games.

The band and band parents are very important. Having them seated so far away completely takes them out of the view of the parents who care very much.  The football experience is more than just the game. It is the band, drill teams, twirlers, inflaters, cheer leaders, etc.   I think bands can influence momentum of a game.  

On another note, I am STOKED to see what the Coach Rich can do with Nederland!!!!   I'll be happy to be competitive this year!!!! I can't WAIT for football season!!!

3 hours ago, dme1111 said:

The band and band parents are very important. Having them seated so far away completely takes them out of the view of the parents who care very much.  The football experience is more than just the game. It is the band, drill teams, twirlers, inflaters, cheer leaders, etc.   I think bands can influence momentum of a game.  

On another note, I am STOKED to see what the Coach Rich can do with Nederland!!!!   I'll be happy to be competitive this year!!!! I can't WAIT for football season!!!

Sounds like the Band parents are a bunch of helicopter moms.

You get to watch them march at halve time.

On 3/5/2024 at 12:03 PM, dme1111 said:

1. The band and band parents are very important. Having them seated so far away completely 2. takes them out of the view of the parents who care very much

1. Band maybe. Band parents, not so much.

2. I think I'm gonna cry...

One of my favorite memories playing high school football was hearing the band marching from the band hall to the field to a cadence by the drum corps during pre-game. It gave me goosebumps. I think the band plays a definite role as a part of the Friday night experience.

However, "the parents who care very much" (🤮) can watch them at halftime and at band competitions. Maybe they can stay for the whole game too.

22 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Band maybe. Band parents, not so much.

2. I think I'm gonna cry...

One of my favorite memories playing high school football was hearing the band marching from the band hall to the field to a cadence by the drum corps during pre-game. It gave me goosebumps. I think the band plays a definite role as a part of the Friday night experience.

However, "the parents who care very much" (🤮) can watch them at halftime and at band competitions. Maybe they can stay for the whole game too.

The one good things about band parents is if you sit next to them you have plenty of leg room after halve time....

3 hours ago, outanup said:

I hear both were told they could stay if they like........Oline coaches. Tough to replace everyone at once, next year may be different....

I trust his “picker” this guy has been at Katy and know what excellent is.  If he doesn’t run someone off, it’s because “HE” believes in them.  He’ll get no mulligans so he’s making the calls