Jump to content

Silsbee Football 2024


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t see Silsbee being District Champs with what HF has coming back vs what Silsbee is losing. I’m not sure of Jaspers returnees. WOS won’t be a threat. I can see HF running the district and Silsbee/Jasper vying for second place. I would expect Silsbee to have 6-8 wins depending on who is scheduled in non-district action with a playoff berth and a 2nd round exit. What do y’all think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

I can’t see Silsbee being District Champs with what HF has coming back vs what Silsbee is losing. I’m not sure of Jaspers returnees. WOS won’t be a threat. I can see HF running the district and Silsbee/Jasper vying for second place. I would expect Silsbee to have 6-8 wins depending on who is scheduled in non-district action with a playoff berth and a 2nd round exit. What do y’all think?

Silsbee lost a lot for sure… I think with the athletes they have they won’t be out of the district championship conversation but yes HF will be the favorites IMO. We are about to find out what the region and districts will look like which will play a huge roll in what their playoff chances look like and I’ll comment further 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect Silsbee to be down this year due to graduations....  I'm not sure that there's a really clear favorite this coming season.  I expect them to be pretty evenly matched with HF and Jasper, and I expect WOS to bring up the rear, assuming that the district remains intact and no other SOLID programs end up in the District.  It's close enough this year that I just can't accurately predict anything.  I also think that the district as a whole is looking at a down year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Week 1 Vidor 4A DI - 6-5, Bi-District

Week 2 LCM  4A DI- 6-5, Bi-District

Week 3 Nederland 5A DII - 4-7, Bi-District

Week 4 West Brook 5A DI - Last year 6A 0-10

Week 5 Hitchcock 3A DI - 9-1, Bi-District  

LCM is returning alot, and should have a better year. Im gonna make that west brook game that one will be interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Week 1 Vidor 4A DI - 6-5, Bi-District

Week 2 LCM  4A DI- 6-5, Bi-District

Week 3 Nederland 5A DII - 4-7, Bi-District

Week 4 West Brook 5A DI - Last year 6A 0-10

Week 5 Hitchcock 3A DI - 9-2, Bi-District  

The Hitchcock QB is committed to Texas Tech… they also have a WR with several D1 offers I believe. They did get upset by Little River Academy in Bi district last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Silsbee doesn't get more physical in the trenches, they could get rolled playing a former 6A school like West Brook. You can joke about WB not winning any games last year, but it doesn't matter if a team can just walk right over you. Losing Horton certainly isn't going to help them in that department.

A 4 - 6 or 5 - 5 record wouldn't surprise me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

If Silsbee doesn't get more physical in the trenches, they could get rolled playing a former 6A school like West Brook. You can joke about WB not winning any games last year, but it doesn't matter if a team can just walk right over you. Losing Horton certainly isn't going to help them in that department.

A 4 - 6 or 5 - 5 record wouldn't surprise me.

I’d imagine it’s a rebuilding year for the Tigers or they could be reloading I’m not sure what they lost in total other than the obvious names. I also don’t know how well the freshman and JV did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

If Silsbee doesn't get more physical in the trenches, they could get rolled playing a former 6A school like West Brook. You can joke about WB not winning any games last year, but it doesn't matter if a team can just walk right over you. Losing Horton certainly isn't going to help them in that department.

A 4 - 6 or 5 - 5 record wouldn't surprise me.

I saw Silsbee in the trenches early last season and knew that it would only be matter time in the playoffs they would get tested. They lacked size in the line. Your right West Brook and i believe is LCM is decent up front. I do believe Silsbee will be challenged in pre district. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Hitchcock was ranked in the top 5 weren’t they? 

That is why I said according to the media. A lot in the region picked LRA because you can have the best players at the skill postion in the state but if you don't have good line play it won't matter. Hitchcock struggles with line play on both sides of the ball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

That is why I said according to the media. A lot in the region picked LRA because you can have the best players at the skill postion in the state but if you don't have good line play it won't matter. Hitchcock struggles with line play on both sides of the ball

Well if that doesn’t change they may be in trouble vs Bellville

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2024 at 6:58 PM, BBfan061 said:

What do the Tigers have returning?

O L will be biggest it's been in a while, but young. They will be 250 to 290 across the board. Defense will be bigger and better on the front 7, but they loose those seniors in the secondary , which was the strength of their defense.  Q B returns, but skill kids are all young, theres some potential there though. Your gonna see names like Miller, Cartwright, Brown, just younger . The Farr kid will be back from knee injury, at running back, and Linebacker. 

I predict this team will struggle early, but finish strong. time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    45,964
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...