Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

Here's hoping the new school will spark the long over due move Nederland has needed, flush the boomers out, get some young vision in there. Have the kids run broadcast (the last broadcasting crew was dog water) NDN Press makes it look like ESPN, not the 1990s. Anyway, the school was long overdue (why did it get axed in 09? The boomers) but my age group was old enough to vote this go around and won. How did we go from the 2012 type pride the school had to total embarrassment in 2022? Were only administration change away from losing it all and nearly have. Nederland should never be "restored to its former glory" cause it should have never left. Nederland has always been behind the times with its administrators. Why were cell phones banned when I was in school? Cause the old heads couldn't see past the 1990s and into the future. It's things like that, that should have been pushed to change in the early days. It's not like I went to school in the early 2000s it was 2010s for crying out loud. So I say, build the school, allow the food trucks in (different topic but along the same lines), build the activities and bring in the technology and allow them to use it. The CT program changed like 10 fold, it's incredible what the CT program has accomplished in the last few years so I know with the right people in charge it is possible to have positive change. 

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but there isn’t an unlimited timeline for this.  The offseason has already begun and the new coach needs time to build a staff and then start building his program.  The clock is ticking.

If a coach is hired and set in place before spring break… Which it very well seems to be before it, Nederland will be ok and I’m fine with it. TBH. Any new coach I’m sure has a few of his buddies ready to ride with him to wherever they go, they will come in and start laying down the ground work from coming back from spring break to first day of fall practice is a lot of time… especially with summer workouts. Hopefully the leaders on the football team is encouraging their teammates to get in that weight room and run track and hold each other accountable cause it doesn’t seem that the current coaching staff is.. 

14 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Why hurry hurry and rush a hire? There is still plenty of time… this is a critical time in NISD. Don’t want to rush and hire the first person and the whole program takes 5 more steps back than where it currently is… something NISD may dig themselves a hole and never get out of.. 

they don’t need to rush and make a bad hire.  but your post makes it sound like you think Nederland and their applicants are on the same time frame, which is not the case.  Those guys are applying at other places, so Nederland better figure out who they want quick, or risk losing them to another job.  So while I agree with you that it’s critical that Nederland hires the right guy, it’s also critical that they make the hire before the right guy takes a job somewhere else.  

Just a question out of curiosity….new district alignments are announced Feb 1st.  From my memory, once announced officially, coach/AD begins finalizing non-district schedule. So if no AD/head coach in place by this time, who is left in charge to determine the upcoming season’s schedule until a new coach has been named? 

1 minute ago, El Grande Ned said:

Just a question out of curiosity….new district alignments are announced Feb 1st.  From my memory, once announced officially, coach/AD begins finalizing non-district schedule. So if no AD/head coach in place by this time, who is left in charge to determine the upcoming season’s schedule until a new coach has been named? 

Has someone been named Interim HC until the hire? @outanup @navydawg31 @KF89

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

IMG-2532.jpg

12 hours ago, El Grande Ned said:

When PN-G faced that issue two years ago, the high school principal arranged the schedule.

3 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I went to a Little Dribblers game yesterday.  This is the crap the kids are playing on.  Little Dribblers raised money to replace this junk with adjustable goals in all the middle school gyms that they use.  Nederland admin told them no.  Someone else is wanting to pay for better facilities for our kids and they get shot down?   Make that make sense to me.  

Also the same Admin that won’t allow coaches to have camps for the youth in the summer.  I believe English is the only one that offers anything and he has to do it off campus at a church.  This is who we have running the district and ultimately making this hire.  Forgive me for not have much faith in them.  

This is the hidden content, please

Past volleyball coach held a summer camp at an alternate location due to not being able to use school facilities. Now she is able to use her current school facilities to host her camp. i know in the past people have tried to helping certain sports with upgrades and have been shot down. Lucky to have the Senior Babe Ruth and their contributions and hard work at the baseball complex. 

4 minutes ago, mojo03 said:

Past volleyball coach held a summer camp at an alternate location due to not being able to use school facilities. Now she is able to use her current school facilities to host her camp. i know in the past people have tried to helping certain sports with upgrades and have been shot down. Lucky to have the Senior Babe Ruth and their contributions and hard work at the baseball complex. 

They do a wonderful job with very limited resources 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Ok? Nederland and PNG fluctuate every realignment… that doesn’t mean anything. 

And it doesn’t actually equate to many more players. I’d estimate for every 50-75 kids, there might be one player. I haven’t done the math - that may be too high. So, there might be four more players at png because of that difference.  And, that doesn’t even mean these are good players. But, one of those extra four might be Roschon Johnson. So it might give us a slight advantage, but most of the time, only slight. Nederland was about 100 bigger than us throughout the 2010s, and probably before, since they always tended to go d1 over us. 

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Nederland varsity Roster shows 46. PNG shows 101 . 

Never fully trust MaxPreps. Our roster showed 150+ at one time before along with our basketball roster showing around 30 at one point. Nobody bothered to update it. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

As of today our football roster shows 164. 🤣

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

Get the right coach and start winning then those numbers will some-what equalize.  

The odds are against Nederland ever winning state. J J could not take that team and even win district. That is a tough district to play in. It takes more than a good coach to win. Monte went to school in Nederland, was QB for Nederland, went to college and was hired by Nederland, was offense coordinator, then head coach. He poured his heart out for Nederland and he deserved better treatment than he got on this site by several people. Monte is a good Christian and you do not hear the garbage coming out of his mouth.  
coming from a PN- G  grad.  Thanks Monte for all you have done for the sport.