Ideal 2024-25 Pre-District Schedule for Your Team

PN-G bamatex

On 12/20/2023 at 4:18 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

I have a feeling that we'll get moved out of 9-4A II again, which bums me out. Anyway, if that happens:

1- Silsbee

2- Diboll

3- PNG

4- LCM

Dist.jasper,silsbee ,  wos,hamshire fannett,tarkington ,shepherd.  Non dist.legacy,palestine franklin,lumberton,Carthage,  lcm refuse to play Jasper 

14 hours ago, R.G. MAC said:

Dist.jasper,silsbee ,  wos,hamshire fannett,tarkington ,shepherd.  Non dist.legacy,palestine franklin,lumberton,Carthage,  lcm refuse to play Jasper 

Why won't LCM play us? I haven't heard anything about any bad blood between us.

On 12/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

For Port Arthur Memorial in my opinion: 

If 2 games: 

Png 

Humble High

If 3 games: 

Png 

Humble High

Jasper

If 4 games: 

Png

Humble High

Jasper

Iowa Colony

You want PN-G with or without transfers? Not sure where you stand on the subject after the other message. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

I wish PNG would schedule like this. It’s not a golden bullet, and it only really helps you go deep in the playoffs if your team is already good enough to build from the butt-whoopings. But if we could schedule something like Summer Creek/PAM, North Shore, and Astascosita, we’d really help ourselves out. We’d likely start 0-3, or 1-2,  but who cares? It’s about getting ready for the playoffs. And if we could make the travel work, I’d love a matchup with College Station or Aledo. 

IMG_7608.jpeg

15 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I wish PNG would schedule like this. It’s not a golden bullet, and it only really helps you go deep in the playoffs if your team is already good enough to build from the butt-whoopings. But if we could schedule something like Summer Creek/PAM, North Shore, and Astascosita, we’d really help ourselves out. We’d likely start 0-3, or 1-2,  but who cares? It’s about getting ready for the playoffs. And if we could make the travel work, I’d love a matchup with College Station or Aledo. 

IMG_7608.jpeg

Honestly, idk if scheduling those top end 6A teams would benefit y'all. Those teams are much better than anyone y'all would play in D2. Plus I don't think they would be interested at all. PNG doesn't offer much for NS or Cita. Playing College Station, A&M Consolidated, Cedar Park, or Smithson Valley makes much more sense for both sides. Even playing us, there are so many good teams that are closer to us than y'all. If we can save money on travel I'd rather do that. Unless you wanted to come to Aledo. I'm sure we'd welcome y'all. 

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Honestly, idk if scheduling those top end 6A teams would benefit y'all. Those teams are much better than anyone y'all would play in D2. Plus I don't think they would be interested at all. PNG doesn't offer much for NS or Cita. Playing College Station, A&M Consolidated, Cedar Park, or Smithson Valley makes much more sense for both sides. Even playing us, there are so many good teams that are closer to us than y'all. If we can save money on travel I'd rather do that. Unless you wanted to come to Aledo. I'm sure we'd welcome y'all. 

There is little on God’s green earth I would enjoy more than watching PN-G blow out Cedar Park or Austin Vandegrift.

That said, it makes absolutely no financial sense to do that, and the fans will have to travel enough the next few seasons as is.

• 2 weeks later...

I like PNG’s non district schedule the last few years. 

- 1 decently easy win.  You can get some different kids in and try some new things. 

- 1 team that’s pretty equal.  You have to play a complete game to win. 

-1 team that’s better than you.  

You can learn a lot about your team from all 3 of those type games.  I’m not a fan of scheduling 0-3 and getting beat up before district.  Monte still may have a job if he didn’t schedule 0-3 starts the last few years.  

Also with the out of town districts, I doubt coaches will be looking to travel much for non district games.  We’ve had enough early releases from school the last few years….. 

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I like PNG’s non district schedule the last few years. 

- 1 decently easy win.  You can get some different kids in and try some new things. 

- 1 team that’s pretty equal.  You have to play a complete game to win. 

-1 team that’s better than you.  

You can learn a lot about your from all 3 of those type games.  I’m not a fan of scheduling 0-3 and getting beat up before district.  Monte still may have a job if he didn’t schedule 0-3 starts the last few years.  

Also with the out of town districts, I doubt coaches will be looking to travel much for non district games.  We’ve had enough early releases from school the last few years….. 

Those are good points