Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

4 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

A double digit season would be a season with 2-3 losses max and a deep playoff run. That is not feasible in most SETX schools, much less Orangefield. 

Not feasible in most setx schools? Lumberton probably has one of the worst football history’s in setx, They just won 11 games last year…  LCM hasn’t been very good since the 90s and won 11 games 2 years ago? so “not feasible in most SETX” is one of the dumbest thing I ever heard on this board. Hahaha

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

yeah, there's zero local teams that have struggled the last decade that might would want to have gone to the playoffs 9 out of 10 years instead 

Hasn’t PNG, and WOS gone to the playoffs 10 out of the last 10 with a few ships to show for it? 

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

it's also worth noting that since they started playing in 1956, Orangefield has NEVER seen the third round, as best as I can tell, although I may have missed one somewhere.  From 1956 to 2012, OF made 12 playoff appearances.  In the last 10 years they've made 9 playoff appearances.  So yeah, the slot-T has been an overwhelming success for the bobcats.  

To note, you compare that to ORANGEFIELD non slot t production. It is successful with better output. Non slot t offenses were far worse speaking for OF

Just now, navydawg31 said:

Not feasible in most setx schools? Lumberton probably has one of the worst football history’s in setx, They just won 11 games last year…  LCM hasn’t been very good since the 90s and won 11 games 2 years ago? so “not feasible in most SETX” is one of the dumbest thing I ever heard on this board. Hahaha

Speaking of dumb arguments... Lumberton has literally done this once in the last 17 years, and twice in their 60 year history.  No it's not feasible for them to expect to do it again anytime soon.  LCM managed it one year out of 25.  Again, not particularly feasible.  And this does in fact hold true for most area schools.  

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Hasn’t PNG, and WOS gone to the playoffs 10 out of the last 10 with a few ships to show for it? 

what are you talking about?  I'm discussing all of the bad local teams who haven't done crap for the last ten years.  They would LOVE to have found the success Orangefield has.  PNG and WOS literally have nothing to do with anything in this discussion.  

4 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

To note, you compare that to ORANGEFIELD non slot t production. It is successful with better output. Non slot t offenses were far worse speaking for OF

correct.  part of the unspoken point, although through further discourse it's becoming clear I needed to spell things out better ;)

Just now, bullets13 said:

correct.  part of the unspoken point, although through further discourse it's becoming clear I needed to spell things out better ;)

They have a pretty good passer coming up because someones nephew or son can throw the Pigskin a quarter mile they want to change the offense to pro style again for 2 years to cater to the said prolific passer. And go sub .500s trying to throw it deep every play.

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

what are you talking about?  I'm discussing all of the bad local teams who haven't done crap for the last ten years.  They would LOVE to have found the success Orangefield has.  PNG and WOS literally have nothing to do with anything in this discussion.  

So you are saying orangefield is a bad team? So might be time to change out of that slot t offense. lol 

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

They have a pretty good passer coming up because someones nephew or son can throw the Pigskin a quarter mile they want to change the offense to pro style again for 2 years to cater to the said prolific passer. And go sub .500s trying to throw it deep every play.

Yeah cause that slot t did wonders. 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

You are comparing apples to oranges. You know how much the game has evolved to and changed? But still pound those 1960s offense. 

It works better for some. OF being one...  LCM for whatever reason was less successful with it..  OF has had more winning seasons with that offense than any other. Not saying they can't or won't. But they operate better from the slot T

19 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

So you are saying orangefield is a bad team? So might be time to change out of that slot t offense. lol 

unfortunately this site doesn't have the technology for me to bust out the crayons and draw you a picture so that you can understand what I'm saying.  No, I'm not saying they are a bad team.  You basically are, though.  The point I'm making is that there are MANY, MANY local teams who ARE BAD who would have loved to field the teams and have the results that Orangefield has had over the last decade running the slot-t.  Ironically enough, two of the local teams who would gladly trade places with Orangefield over the last decade both had success for a couple of seasons each WHILE RUNNING THE SLOT-T, only to fade back into nothing when they switched offenses.  

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

unfortunately this site doesn't have the technology for me to bust out the crayons and draw you a picture so that you can understand what I'm saying.  No, I'm not saying they are a bad team.  You basically are, though.  The point I'm making is that there are MANY, MANY local teams who ARE BAD who would have loved to field the teams and have the results that Orangefield has had over the last decade running the slot-t.  

Unfortunately you can’t bust out those crayons because you probably ate them it’s ok tho. Messing with your brain. There is not MANY MANY local teams that would “love” to have the same results go sell that trash to someone else, try maybe a handful and that’s a reach, orangefield is a .500 school while being one of the biggest schools in the state for their division. With 0 double digit winning seasons, 0 3rd round trips. 

Just now, navydawg31 said:

Unfortunately you can’t bust out those crayons because you probably ate them it’s ok tho. Messing with your brain. There is not MANY MANY local teams that would “love” to have the same results go sell that trash to someone else, try maybe a handful and that’s a reach, orangefield is a .500 school while being one of the biggest schools in the state for their division. With 0 double digit winning seasons, 0 3rd round trips. 

Just for argument sake, define "many" and "handful".

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Just for argument sake, define "many" and "handful".

I know this isn't directed at me, but I don't think it would be difficult at all over all classifications in our coverage area to make a list in the neighborhood of 2-3 dozen teams who haven't come close to the success that Orangefield has seen in the last decade.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I know this isn't directed at me, but I don't think it would be difficult at all over all classifications in our coverage area to make a list in the neighborhood of 2-3 dozen teams who haven't come close to the success that Orangefield has seen in the last decade.  

From 3A and down, I count 12-14.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Oh, now you have minimized the boundary.

I'm sorry, but when on this site, I consider our coverage area.

And, inside the Golden Triangle means inside Beaumont, PA and Orange. Only about 8 total teams "inside" the triangle.

Golden triangle is considered Orange, Jefferson, and Hardin county. I guess shouldn’t have said inside. But Golden triangle. 

That’s what I consider setx. Jasper pending on who you ask is East Texas. BH/Crosby area East Houston.. setx my definition is those counties I listed. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD