A Tale of Two Cities

Cougtalk

41 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this site. And that's saying something.

Talent is a key ingredient for a successful football program. Having talent isn't important so much as being able to make the most of the talent you have. The best coaches are the ones who utilize their players' talent and abilities to their full potential. Coaches like Coach Todd and Coach Joseph are very good at developing the talent they have available to them. The proof is in the pudding; West Brook's talent level didn't magically evaporate when Coach Peevey left.

There is no coach anywhere in the sport more capable of maximizing his players' potential than Nick Saban. If he were coaching at West Brook or United, Beaumont wouldn't have enough trophy cabinets to fit all the accolades he'd bring home.

Tell me if you agree with this:  There are those here that says it’s about the talent and not the coaching.  Therefore these same people feel that all coaches are the same.  You know, they can be championship type coaches if they just had the talent.  Now, it’s gotten to the point some say even Saban couldn’t win at Westbrook or United.  So, here’s the amazing point:  These same people are actually saying there’s no difference between Saban and the coaches at Westbrook and United!  You know, it’s because of the talent.  Thoughts?!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Tell me if you agree with this:  There are those here that says it’s about the talent and not the coaching.  Therefore these same people feel that all coaches are the same.  You know, they can be championship type coaches if they just had the talent.  Now, it’s gotten to the point some say even Saban couldn’t win at Westbrook or United.  So, here’s the amazing point:  These same people are actually saying there’s no difference between Saban and the coaches at Westbrook and United!  You know, it’s because of the talent.  Thoughts?!

Literally no one said this 😂😂😂 y'all start making up when yall can’t prove your point. It’s sad honestly 

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Language

On the Saban front, he did not start winning national championships until he got top talent to come to the school.

If he was the difference, then why didn't he win in the NFL where the talent was pretty much equal?

I give Saban a ton of credit for winning those championships. But you just can't insert him anywhere and think he will win championships there too. That's not being realistic.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

On the Saban front, he did not start winning national championships until he got top talent to come to the school.

If he was the difference, then why didn't he win in the NFL where the talent was pretty much equal?

I give Saban a ton of credit for winning those championships. But you just can't insert him anywhere and think he will win championships there too. That's not being realistic.

Exactly lol

Coach Bill Belichick, I guess learned how to coach when Tom Brady started playing QB and forgot how to coach when Tom Brady left? He is the same coach he was when he lost his ass in Cleveland and is still the same coach he was when he was winning with Tom Brady. The common denominator was talent in one player. 

Buuuutttt, did Tom Brady all of a sudden become this amazing talent when he arrived at New England?? He barely made it on the field at Michigan. He even barely made the NFL and almost never got a starting opportunity if it wasn’t for injuries. 

So what was it, the coach or the talent? I would say it was both. Bill Belichick was able to get the most out of Tom Brady where other coaches couldn’t at Michigan. Bill Belichick has not had the same luck with other QB’s though. It’s a great debate that I don’t think no one can really ever answer, but one thing is for sure, the coach has to have a good chemistry with the talent, you also need a lot of luck along the way too!

This forum is hilarious bro. A bunch of grown men who if I drew up football on the white board couldn't distinguish between A and C gap, a 4i and a 5, a shade and a 3 tech, zone or gap scheme blocking, and about a million other things. If you never coached, your opinion is just not as valuable as someone who has. Facts. It would be like a coach saying they know more about the plant you work at. They don't. For instance - if I were to mention something about "Heel line", a football coach would immediately recognize what I'm talking about and the only few scenarios of the game I would be talking about. Same thing if we were watching film and I mentioned something about "spilling". If you just had too google search that without immediately understanding and being able to recognize football vernacular, you don't know anywehre near as much as you're claiming about this game you love so much. Those are just small, simple examples. 

Every single football coach on planet Earth is going to tell you it's Jimmy's and Joes, not X's and O's. Every single one. But hey, you guys just know more. 

1 hour ago, BMT Truth said:

This forum is hilarious bro. A bunch of grown men who if I drew up football on the white board couldn't distinguish between A and C gap, a 4i and a 5, a shade and a 3 tech, zone or gap scheme blocking, and about a million other things. If you never coached, your opinion is just not as valuable as someone who has. Facts. It would be like a coach saying they know more about the plant you work at. They don't. For instance - if I were to mention something about "Heel line", a football coach would immediately recognize what I'm talking about and the only few scenarios of the game I would be talking about. Same thing if we were watching film and I mentioned something about "spilling". If you just had too google search that without immediately understanding and being able to recognize football vernacular, you don't know anywehre near as much as you're claiming about this game you love so much. Those are just small, simple examples. 

Every single football coach on planet Earth is going to tell you it's Jimmy's and Joes, not X's and O's. Every single one. But hey, you guys just know more. 

Lol you said a mouthful…this is why it’s hilarious talking to most of these dudes on here.

6 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol you said a mouthful…this is why it’s hilarious talking to most of these dudes on here.

Bruh if these jokers spent just 5 minutes in a room full of coaches on a white board drawing up some ball, they would be humbled. There is NOTHING on this Earth like football, with as many people absolutely obsessed with it, but don't actually know the technicalities, or even proper vernacular. By the way, Jimmy's and Joes includes not just talent alone, but kids that actually want to work hard - and know how to work hard. There are reason's beyond athletic talent that suburban schools are usually the most successful football programs, and inner city schools struggle..... 

3 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I was being very sarcastic. I agree with your previous comment. 

My bad, hard to read these posts a lot of times. It’s all good. I know the Izzy guy thinks I’m crazy, but 3-4 years of not getting a title, kids gonna start going to Summer Creek and other places and rumblings will start. I don’t care if he graduated from NS or not. Perfect example is Chuck Langston at WB. Use to going to playoffs, now can’t sniff it. People wanting him gone now. That’s all I’m saying.

3 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Interesting report on the halftime of the NS/Duncanville game about the PNG game.  They said “Joseph put on a coaching master class to get the win”. 

coaching builds culture which makes better athletes and draws athletes to your program.

it does not matter how many athletes you have if you do not put them in the right spots with the right calls 

10 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

This forum is hilarious bro. A bunch of grown men who if I drew up football on the white board couldn't distinguish between A and C gap, a 4i and a 5, a shade and a 3 tech, zone or gap scheme blocking, and about a million other things. If you never coached, your opinion is just not as valuable as someone who has. Facts. 

OTOH, there are coaches who know every single one of those but are still piss poor coaches. I have worked with PhD’s that are outright stupid.  Facts.  

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

My bad, hard to read these posts a lot of times. It’s all good. I know the Izzy guy thinks I’m crazy, but 3-4 years of not getting a title, kids gonna start going to Summer Creek and other places and rumblings will start. I don’t care if he graduated from NS or not. Perfect example is Chuck Langston at WB. Use to going to playoffs, now can’t sniff it. People wanting him gone now. That’s all I’m saying.

😂😂😂😂😂 another clueless post 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

coaching builds culture which makes better athletes and draws athletes to your program.

it does not matter how many athletes you have if you do not put them in the right spots with the right calls 

You can have all the coaching & culture building you want…if you don’t have talent none of it matters. 

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You can have all the coaching & culture building you want…if you don’t have talent none of it matters. 

Clueless! On paper PNG shouldn’t come close to beating SOC. Coaching, culture and some good HS talent just went 1-1 in state championship games. Not bad at all

9 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Clueless! On paper PNG shouldn’t come close to beating SOC. Coaching, culture and some good HS talent just went 1-1 in state championship games. Not bad at all

For the last time you need coaching & talent to be successful…the question is which one matters most. And the answer is simple TALENT! Y’all continue to change the narrative though lol I never once said coaching don’t matter, you can have the best coaching staff ever assembled but without having talent it won’t matter. NS loss tonight cause DV had more talent simple.

Why this so hard to comprehend for yall I'm not sure lol

On 12/15/2023 at 2:54 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Saban went 12-2 in his second season at Alabama almost entirely with recruits he inherited from Mike Shula. He won a national championship in his third season at Alabama with a quarterback Shula recruited and red-shirted.

Saban will tell you the reason he wasn’t successful at Miami was because of the mentality in the NFL. The players were older and not as coachable. Between that and the team owner, he felt like he was managing egos, not coaching a team. It’s why he was adamant with the Alabama boosters that he runs the program and nobody else from day one at Alabama. He accepted the offer from Mal Moore on that condition. He doesn’t think he would be successful anywhere in the NFL.