Silsbee 68 Beaumont United 78/FINAL

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

They understand exactly what I’m saying they just want to make it about Silsbee…we know how this go! 

Easy solution...

Write an email to Ron Jackson and David Green. Tell them BU should only play other 6A & 5A teams that can stay within 10 points of them.

Glad we got to play each other and hope to see you in San Antonio.

11 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Never mind...

Just tell Ron Jackson and David Green that you want to travel across the nation playing better competition from now on.

I'm sure BISD has the money to do it.

I guess you gotta travel across the nation to play good competition....got it! But I get it y'all want to make my post about Silsbee lol

38 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

I’m not going to question the man that’s led BU to the mountain top. Whatever his method is, keep on keeping on!

I love Green he's a future HOF, I spent a lot of time around him while we were coaching at NS got tons of respect for him...however that doesn't change the fact that BU scheduled a soft non-district schedule.

26 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Again these aren’t “scheduled” by either team. Atascocita isn’t “scheduling” 4A teams no matter how you try & spin.

And I just went looked at FF & Carter’s schedules don’t see not one top 6A program that they “scheduled”. Maybe I’m missing something.

There’s no way you’re justifying a premier 6A program like BU scheduling a 4A game, especially when you only have a few teams on your schedule with records above .500 

6A #5 North Crowley played Dallas Carter in a "scheduled" game.

14 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I love Green he's a future HOF, I spent a lot of time around him while we were coaching at NS got tons of respect...however that doesn't change the fact that BU scheduled a soft non-district schedule.

That may well be true. But that’s what he thought was best for his team. He’s traveled the road, that’s the path he wants I guess. He may be thinking they are in for a long season. 15 games more than most. He may think it will have them fresh and ready. I wouldn’t know I’ve never come close to his level of success

This was a pretty boring and ugly game till towards the end of the 3rd. Might have been better for the Tigers if it had stayed that way.

BU simply shot the ball better in the 4th and that was the ballgame.

Silsbee still needs to improve on the defensive boards and loose balls. Not as bad as the Lufkin game, but not great either.

Bold prediction: I think freshman P.Jones is gonna be a good player. Had a nice second half.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why is it that the Dallas area schools that are highly ranked in Texas, regardless of classification in any giving year are playing Highly Ranked Teams. Duncanville & Faith Family both played and loss to Montverde Academy this year and have played them in previous years. Duncanville is down this year with there recruitment and Faith Family is who they are.

I have not seen too many Houston area schools playing outside of their comfort zone. I don’t see any harm with playing those Prep or Academy Schools, playing those schools will or should prepare them for the next level.

Faith Family plays a very competitive schedule outside of Texas, to be the best you have to beat / play the best. Faith Family schedule prepares them for San Antonio, everyone else is playing for 2nd place 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I said the TOP 6A programs like DV, Lake Highlands, Desoto, BU Atascocita, etc I wouldn't but NC in the same category as those schools but if you consider them a top 6A program then I stand corrected. However no matter how you try and spin it BU playing Silsbee makes zero sense neither does scheduling games you have no chance of losing...that's literally the definition of scheduling soft. The best is supposed to play the best especially in non district play, the games don't matter. 

10 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Why is it that the Dallas area schools that are highly ranked in Texas, regardless of classification in any giving year are playing Highly Ranked Teams. Duncanville & Faith Family both played and loss to Montverde Academy this year and have played them in previous years. Duncanville is down this year with there recruitment and Faith Family is who they are.

I have not seen too many Houston area schools playing outside of their comfort zone. I don’t see any harm with playing those Prep or Academy Schools, playing those schools will or should prepare them for the next level.

Faith Family plays a very competitive schedule outside of Texas, to be the best you have to beat / play the best. Faith Family schedule prepares them for San Antonio, everyone else is playing for 2nd place 

You don't even have to play the national teams IMO, but scheduling teams like Kimball, Nederland, Silsbee, GCM & playing in tourney's like the YMBL etc come on bruh smh

6 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You don't even have to play the national teams IMO, but scheduling teams like Kimball, Nederland, Silsbee, GCM & playing in tourney's like the YMBL etc come on bruh smh

I think the YMBL had a better field than the LaGrange La. tourney United played in last week.

I get what you are saying. I think United "could" play a more tougher schedule and be just fine. But playing a couple of local teams, including Silsbee, doesn't hurt their program. As long as Green and Sigler are coaching those two teams, they will always play each other. That's a fact.

50 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Easy solution...

Write an email to Ron Jackson and David Green. Tell them BU should only play other 6A & 5A teams that can stay within 10 points of them.

Glad we got to play each other and hope to see you in San Antonio.

I feel it isn’t about Silsbee, but more about schools that don’t play outside of there comfort zones 

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

Is BU playing in any big tournaments in December? Saw where they weren't going back to Arkansas with Silsbee this year.

All in know is 21-6A is insanely loaded with talent. Crazy how one or two of those teams in district won't even make the playoffs.

They are playing in the Allen tourney. 32 team field loaded with state ranked 6A and 5A teams.

2 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Is BU playing in any big tournaments in December? Saw where they weren't going back to Arkansas with Silsbee this year.

All in know is 21-6A is insanely loaded with talent. Crazy how one or two of those teams in district won't even make the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I feel it isn’t about Silsbee, but more about schools that don’t play outside of there comfort zones 

I guess BU playing Yates & BTW would be a trash schedule also. I really hope BU doesn’t lose to a 4A team moving forward or this thread will definitely be getting some attention. 

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think the YMBL had a better field than the LaGrange La. tourney United played in last week.

I get what you are saying. I think United "could" play a more tougher schedule and be just fine. But playing a couple of local teams, including Silsbee, doesn't hurt their program. As long as Green and Sigler are coaching those two teams, they will always play each other. That's a fact.

The Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Duncanville has been very competitive the last few years. I remember when Yates played in that particular tournament and got the brakes beat clean off, lost by 60 pts per game. I guess some coaches don’t look at win / loss but what makes the team better 

15 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

I guess BU playing Yates & BTW would be a trash schedule also. I really hope BU doesn’t lose to a 4A team moving forward or this thread will definitely be getting some attention. 

I would pay top dollar to see anyone not named Yates (Past Glory) play a Link Academy, Sunrise Academy or Montverde Academy Anywhere in Texas. Please