3. West Hardin

4. Sabine Pass

28-1A

1. Brookeland

2. Leggett

3. Burkeville

4. Spurger

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

For the record and someone correct me if I’m wrong… Kountze has one kid that moved in from Beaumont… The kid from Warren went to Kountze most of his life and moved back this year. The good freshman has been in Kountze. It’s not like the transfer portal in college lol

All correct. The move in from West Brook is a big addition but I think the freshman is just as much an addition as the transfer. The transfer back from Warren is good addition off the bench. Helps with the depth which means a lot when playing the style of ball Joubert tends to play.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

All correct. The move in from West Brook is a big addition but I think the freshman is just as much an addition as the transfer. The transfer back from Warren is good addition off the bench. Helps with the depth which means a lot when playing the style of ball Joubert tends to play.

I also agree that the biggest addition so far appears to be the homegrown freshman 

5 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Probably doesn’t count if it’s before high school 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, had a house in LCM (same house I grew up in) which is open enrollment, but sold it last year. Have had our family homes in  Orangefield (Granger Ln, Bobcat Trails, now Langham) for the last 26 years. When it came down to it, Ghost wanted to be home with the kids he had grown up with and we wanted him home as well, so we decided to not to build a new family home in LCM afterall. 

9 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Yes, had a house in LCM (same house I grew up in) which is open enrollment, but sold it last year. Have had our family homes in  Orangefield (Granger Ln, Bobcat Trails, now Langham) for the last 26 years. When it came down to it, Ghost wanted to be home with the kids he had grown up with and we wanted him home as well, so we decided to not to build a new family home in LCM afterall. 

So what your saying is that it’s possible for someone to move to another school other than athletic reasons ?

31 minutes ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

Didn't the Scales kid go to LCM in Jr. High and the move to Orangefield? Hmmm 

Scales lived and went to Orangefield since he was born. Transferred to LCM for JH because it was open enrollment in a bigger school classification and I was offered to coach his team through JH on a stipend. Had a home there so it wasn't a big deal. Covid happened and teachers weren't leaving their respective roles for other opportunities because schools were shut down, so the opening to coach his school team didnt become a reality, which was fine and understandable due to Covid. He had been moved there md year in 6th grade, made friends, and the team had played for me all Summer so it was a good fit. However, when it came down to it in the 8th grade, he wanted to be home in Orangefield with the kids he had grown up with his whole life and play with them. As parents we wanted that too, and supported his decision.

7 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

So what your saying is that it’s possible for someone to move to another school other than athletic reasons ?

For sure, and as long as it is done before HS, then UIL doesnt have a rule against it. If it is done during HS then there is a hold on Varsity eligibility if it was done for athletic purposes. It is pretty complicated but tough athletic decisions have to be made before HS begins for eligibility not to come into question.

I actually think the kid from Warren is 100% within the guidelines of UIL and we wish nothing but the best for him. 

It’s not real strange to go from a play in game last year to 1st this year. They didn’t graduate anybody from a team the best EC in EC. Orangefield and Buna were both loaded with Seniors. It will be interesting to see how the Orangefield and Kountze games go this year without a team full of seniors against a bunch of 10th graders. But let this “open enrollment” excuse start early. All guidelines looked to have been met seeing how the transfer keeping people awake played football this season.

11 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Scales lived and went to Orangefield since he was born. Transferred to LCM for JH because it was open enrollment in a bigger school classification and I was offered to coach his team through JH on a stipend. Had a home there so it wasn't a big deal. Covid happened and teachers weren't leaving their respective roles for other opportunities because schools were shut down, so the opening to coach his school team didnt become a reality, which was fine and understandable due to Covid. He had been moved there md year in 6th grade, made friends, and the team had played for me all Summer so it was a good fit. However, when it came down to it in the 8th grade, he wanted to be home in Orangefield with the kids he had grown up with his whole life and play with them. As parents we wanted that too, and supported his decision.

You offered or you were offered?

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You offered or you were offered?

I was offered (would have never moved my son mid year 6th grade if that hadn't have been the plan all along), even interviewed with Coach Crouch at the time. I ran a very winning/UA sponsored organization for 5 years. Texas A.T.T.A.C.K. Squad Basketball - A.T.T.A.C.K. - Athletic Training That Amplifies Christ's Kingdom, in case you didnt know. I am a real coach who develops players and helps them realize their potential. I am sorry that it makes folks mad that I trained my own son and have been able to put real goods teams on the floor over the years, but it is what it is. I am not a keyboard warrior or made up sports pro who takes shots at folks online under made up names. Not my style, and I try to spread positivity, not hate! A lot of the players these blogs talk about, came through our program and were like family, but no one wants to speak of that. Since you set directly across from me at this last tournament most games, why dont you look at all the hugs and handshakes I get from the players from opposing teams? That's called respect and I didnt get that from taking shots at folks on a sports blog. I got that from loving kids and trying to be who they needed me to be over the years. Some of yall should try it some time, its a real rewarding experience to see that kids know you care about them. Deep down, all my former players know where they got their start and what Coach really cares about them and their futures. In the end, it was real tough to keep our team together and have enough players to go live at practice from such a small area and for everyone to commit to such busy and extensive travel schedule. There are definitely levels to this, and flights, hotels, and travel isn't doable for everyone, which is totally understandable. Consequently, we ended up having to pursue other opportunities with bigger city teams

@AggiesAreWe you seem to like taking shots at me and my family even though I always take the high road. I'm not sure why, because I have never done anything to you or your family but its getting old. I welcome you to contact me or speak to me in person, instead of taking shots at me on a sports blog. I am not a liar and never have been. I hate liars and fake people, which is something I pray to the Good Lord to help me with daily.  

45 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I was offered (would have never moved my son mid year 6th grade if that hadn't have been the plan all along), even interviewed with Coach Crouch at the time. I ran a very winning/UA sponsored organization for 5 years. Texas A.T.T.A.C.K. Squad Basketball - A.T.T.A.C.K. - Athletic Training That Amplifies Christ's Kingdom, in case you didnt know. I am a real coach who develops players and helps them realize their potential. I am sorry that it makes folks mad that I trained my own son and have been able to put real goods teams on the floor over the years, but it is what it is. I am not a keyboard warrior or made up sports pro who takes shots at folks online under made up names. Not my style, and I try to spread positivity, not hate! A lot of the players these blogs talk about, came through our program and were like family, but no one wants to speak of that. Since you set directly across from me at this last tournament most games, why dont you look at all the hugs and handshakes I get from the players from opposing teams? That's called respect and I didnt get that from taking shots at folks on a sports blog. I got that from loving kids and trying to be who they needed me to be over the years. Some of yall should try it some time, its a real rewarding experience to see that kids know you care about them. Deep down, all my former players know where they got their start and what Coach really cares about them and their futures. In the end, it was real tough to keep our team together and have enough players to go live at practice from such a small area and for everyone to commit to such busy and extensive travel schedule. There are definitely levels to this, and flights, hotels, and travel isn't doable for everyone, which is totally understandable. Consequently, we ended up having to pursue other opportunities with bigger city teams

@AggiesAreWe you seem to like taking shots at me and my family even though I always take the high road. I'm not sure why, because I have never done anything to you or your family but its getting old. I welcome you to contact me or speak to me in person, instead of taking shots at me on a sports blog. I am not a liar and never have been. I hate liars and fake people, which is something I pray to the Good Lord to help me with daily.  

I just wanted clarity. That's all. Didn't know which it was.

Just was told different by folks in the know at LC-M.