Bellville (31) vs Jasper (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

42 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Think they lost in final in 77

They played Bandera in the state semifinals in 2002 played in 2016 state quarterfinals against WOS and lost.  I believe they played Marlin I can’t remember if that was state semifinals or regionals and lost. Bellville went to state in 1960 and 1977 and lost both times. 

There was pretty thick irony in this game.  It was Bellville's passing that opened it up for them.  If not for those 2 big completions, one for a touchdown, I think this game goes to the wire.  All things being equal there's not way those guys get that open against Jasper.  There was another one where the receiver was past the defense but the ball was overthrown.  

32 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

There was pretty thick irony in this game.  It was Bellville's passing that opened it up for them.  If not for those 2 big completions, one for a touchdown, I think this game goes to the wire.  All things being equal there's not way those guys get that open against Jasper.  There was another one where the receiver was past the defense but the ball was overthrown.  

So focused on stopping the run… it happens.