Week 14- Championship Week

PhatMack19

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Will they choose the four best ... or most deserving? "It is best," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said on Tuesday. "Most deserving is not anything in the committee's lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that's what they do. Just keep that word in mind, best teams."

based on this statement (which we all know the committee plays by no rules and does whatever the heck they want), FSU is out.  But also based on that statement, Georgia should probably be in.  I can see them using this standard to leave FSU out, but not to put Georgia in.  only one SEC team makes it, and Bama won the SEC by beating Georgia.  You can’t put Georgia in after Bama just beat them, but I don’t see them leaving the best conference out of the playoffs when they have two 1-loss teams with those losses being to two teams in the playoff discussion.  

Georgia isn’t even in the discussion.  There’s a reason you can get 12 to 1 on them still getting in. Because it ain’t happening. 

54 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ohio State can beat any team in the country and would be favored by 14 over FSU.  No one is talking about them. 

That’s because this year they have no chance to get in with the way things played out.  And who in the top 7 wouldn’t be favorited by 14 over FSU right now?  But I do agree they’re good enough, and have argument to be in.  Just not over the other 6.  I think they’re a clear number 7 here with all factors considered, even though they’re better than FSU.  They’re a great argument for an expanded playoff, though.  So are OU and Oregon, as much as I dislike both of them.  

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Guys, it’s between FSU and Bama for the last spot. That’s the discussion in Grapevine right now.  And that’s not me saying it’s right or wrong.  But I believe that’s the reality. 

You know somebody in the discussions?  Just curious where you’re getting this with such confidence.  

15 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That’s because this year they have no chance to get in with the way things played out.  And who in the top 7 wouldn’t be favorited by 14 over FSU right now?  But I do agree they’re good enough, and have argument to be in.  Just not over the other 6.  I think they’re a clear number 7 here with all factors considered, even though they’re better than FSU.  They’re a great argument for an expanded playoff, though.  So are OU and Oregon, as much as I dislike both of them.  

So you don’t want the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff?

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Let’s just say I know someone who knows someone.  That’s my information. I trust it but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. 

Your someone that knows someone doesn’t know anything.  A lot of stuff going down between now and noon tomorrow.  

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

So you don’t want the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff?

I don’t think they’re in the top 4 teams.  Washington, Georgia, and Bama are all favored over them, and Michigan has already beaten them.  Texas is probably a push.  but it’s close enough that they deserve to be in a playoff, just not in this playoff that’s only taking 4 teams.  Bring on expansion.  

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Your someone that knows someone doesn’t know anything.  A lot of stuff going down between now and noon tomorrow.  

we shall see.  But I’m willing to be a large sum of money on two things. Georgia is out and Texas is in.  Not “pay another awful hire NOT to coach” amount of money but an amount you wouldn’t be willing to risk 😂😂

Texas’s best argument is they won a trash conference and lost against the only decent team in the conference.  They did beat Bama in week 2 who was going through a QB controversy. 

I could argue the same for all the 7 teams.  This is the first year that the playoff didn’t work itself out.  A few teams are getting screwed. 

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Texas’s best argument is they won a trash conference and lost against the only decent team in the conference.  They did beat Bama in week 2 who was going through a QB controversy. 

I could argue the same for all the 7 teams.  This is the first year that the playoff didn’t work itself out.  A few teams are getting screwed. 

Incorrect.  This is their best argument 

This is the hidden content, please

Bama is playing way better. I was super impressed with them winning on a P for K against the powerhouse Auburn team that got boat raced by a team that was FCS a couple of years ago the week before.  And you do realize Georgia’s best win is also FSU’s best win? Texas also did what none of you SEC chumps could do.  Win in Tuscaloosa (by 2 scores no less).  But, but it was week 2 is the weak argument of someone who hangs banners for being undefeated against Abilene Christian and Texas State the last few years….

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Gee, you arguing against Texas getting in……will wonders never cease.