Bellville (61) vs Silsbee (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

First off, Silsbee didn’t stop the run… and I wasn’t sure that they were going to. What surprised me was how bad the Silsbee offense played. Feel free to think that the Bellville defense is impenetrable. Qb play was terrible, playcalling was abysmal, and the team pretty much just quit. 

I think Bellville wins next week against Jasper, but will run into a coaching staff that can stop the slot… 

Because… face it. If the slot was an effective, we’d be watching it on tv all day today and tomorrow. It’s a gimmick, it worked to a “T” last night, but it will get exposed for what it is in the very near future. 

"Silsbee didn't stop the run"? You said all they need to do was "stack the box" with "8", Silsbee put 11 in the box and still couldn't stop it. Why? Do the Silsbee coaches "not know what you know"? All 13 coaching staffs Bellville has faced do "not know what you know"?

What play do you think Silsbee should have called on offense? Which play did they not call that would have worked? Would love for you to point to the example that Bellville defense is not "impenetrable". 

Jasper has already faced a Slot T team once this year and were unable to find an answer, maybe they will do better this time (assuming Belville is not as good as the other Slot T team). 

Comical to see you double down on your takes in the face of being completely wrong.

2 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Yes I know they did but what madisonville did to them last year has to be a blue print on how to stop them I would think.

I agree. but at same time the blue print was void this year. whatever roster changes happened with Bellville could be the difference maybe?  or just one of those seasons that when it's your time and everything just clicks.

5 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Yes I know they did but what madisonville did to them last year has to be a blue print on how to stop them I would think.

Bellville is better this year. The "blueprint" is to win the battle at the line of scrimmage. Blueprint does not work when you cant win the physicality battle. 

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

First off, Silsbee didn’t stop the run… and I wasn’t sure that they were going to. What surprised me was how bad the Silsbee offense played. Feel free to think that the Bellville defense is impenetrable. Qb play was terrible, playcalling was abysmal, and the team pretty much just quit. 

I think Bellville wins next week against Jasper, but will run into a coaching staff that can stop the slot… 

Because… face it. If the slot was an effective, we’d be watching it on tv all day today and tomorrow. It’s a gimmick, it worked to a “T” last night, but it will get exposed for what it is in the very near future

Okay 

I was always afraid of that situation for Silsbee teams with big 250-maybe even 300 pound linemen and big running backs coming behind that is a almost impossible task to defeat in the NFL I believe that’s how the NY Giants beat that undefeated Tom Brady patriots team in the Superbowl giants front 4 tore up every team’s offensive line and they were able to drop 7 in coverage and made life very difficult but I understand Bellville is peaking at the most perfect time.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Bellville is better this year. The "blueprint" is to win the battle at the line of scrimmage. Blueprint does not work when you cant win the physicality battle. 

That’s the only way to beat a team like that,you have to be able to push the oline around at will.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

"Silsbee didn't stop the run"? You said all they need to do was "stack the box" with "8", Silsbee put 11 in the box and still couldn't stop it. Why? Do the Silsbee coaches "not know what you know"? All 13 coaching staffs Bellville has faced do "not know what you know"?

What play do you think Silsbee should have called on offense? Which play did they not call that would have worked? Would love for you to point to the example that Bellville defense is not "impenetrable". 

Jasper has already faced a Slot T team once this year and were unable to find an answer, maybe they will do better this time (assuming Belville is not as good as the other Slot T team). 

Comical to see you double down on your takes in the face of being completely wrong.

Lol… Silsbee’s defense has been questionable all year. To my knowledge, there’s not a single D1 caliber player on the Tiger defense. They didn’t get stops, but the important thing is that their offense never got off of the bus… the fact that Silsbee’s fans cheered when the backup qb went in should tell you all that you need to know. 

Silsbee got their butts kicked… they couldn’t stop the run and the offense was horrible… who cares? But the fact remains that somebody with a few studs on defense and a coaching staff will  end the Brahmas’ charade. 

All you have to do is stop the run… Silsbee didn’t. But it can be done-it always gets done eventually.  

To pretend that suddenly Bellville reinvented the game is laughable.  Make sure to drop back by when they lose, ok?

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Lol… Silsbee’s defense has been questionable all year. To my knowledge, there’s not a single D1 caliber player on the Tiger defense. They didn’t get stops, but the important thing is that their offense never got off of the bus… the fact that Silsbee’s fans cheered when the backup qb went in should tell you all that you need to know. 

Silsbee got their butts kicked… they couldn’t stop the run and the offense was horrible… who cares? But the fact remains that somebody with a few studs on defense and a coaching staff will  end the Brahmas’ charade. 

All you have to do is stop the run… Silsbee didn’t. But it can be done-it always gets done eventually.  

To pretend that suddenly Bellville reinvented the game is laughable.  Make sure to drop back by when they lose, ok?

Show us on the doll where the Slot T touched you… or Bellville for that matter 😂😂 No one is saying Bellville reinvented anything I don’t understand it just seems like you want the slot t offense not to work or something lol you repeatedly are negative about it. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

lol, “always gets done”. Except when the teams win the State Championship.

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Show us on the doll where the Slot T touched you… or Bellville for that matter 😂😂 No one is saying Bellville reinvented anything I don’t understand it just seems like you want the slot t offense not to work or something lol you repeatedly are negative about it. 

And never says anything about the hundreds of spread teams that fail. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Because… face it. If the slot was an effective, we’d be watching it on tv all day today and tomorrow. It’s a gimmick, it worked to a “T” last night, but it will get exposed for what it is in the very near future. 

As far as the offense it was much the same as the jasper game.  They got to the qb early hit him hard, and could in no way control the line.  Qb was looking to get hit instead if looking to make a throw.  Yes nothing we could call would fix the problem but i hated a few play calls such as the flea flicker.  Plays that take that kind of time werent going to work with as much pressure as they were getting.  It also was a big issue for the offense having Miller reallly limited.  The times he ran the ball he got 5-6 yards usually but in no way could he have carried the load like he has done in the past.  Helluva effort to be out there at all.

22 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

lol, “always gets done”. Except when the teams win the State Championship.

Lol… Pleasant Grove won a couple of years ago, but they also threw the ball…. Bellville can’t. 

Liberty Hill does well until they run into a decent defense. That’s the problem with being a one-trick pony. 

A decent coaching staff with some talent on defense will shut a slot t team down. That wasn’t Silsbee, and I don’t think Jasper can do it either. 

I love the slot t. It allows mediocre athletes to compete. It just has its limitations.

To hear y’all talk, Aledo, Carthage, and North Shore will be switching to the slot t now that they’ve finally seen it’s potential via Bellville, lol. 

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

Lol… Pleasant Grove won a couple of years ago, but they also threw the ball…. Bellville can’t. 

Liberty Hill does well until they run into a decent defense. That’s the problem with being a one-trick pony. 

A decent coaching staff with some talent on defense will shut a slot t team down. That wasn’t Silsbee, and I don’t think Jasper can do it either. 

I love the slot t. It allows mediocre athletes to compete. It just has its limitations.

To hear y’all talk, Aledo, Carthage, and North Shore will be switching to the slot t now that they’ve finally seen it’s potential via Bellville, lol. 

How about Franklin? How do they do?

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

To hear y’all talk, Aledo, Carthage, and North Shore will be switching to the slot t now that they’ve finally seen its potential via Bellville, lol. 

So Silsbee lacks a “decent coaching staff” and “talent on defense”?

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bellville can’t throw the ball ? Or hasn’t needed to? 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Bridge City make the playoffs? All you said was true.