Leander Rouse vs PN-G Legacy Stadium Katy Texas Next Friday

prepballfan

10 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I love playing in that stadium. So nice. Not sure is home yet. Thats whats being announced. 

Why are you so worried about who’s home. That’s the least thing anybody should worry about in a football game. It’s not like it determines who gets first and who gets last possession.

My point is, I know the home side generally seats more. But it doesn’t matter what side we are on those that have tickets will get into the game. They give the same amount of tickets to each team to sale. If we run out of seats in the stands, which is a good possibility on either side, the stadium will open up the grass areas in the end zone. They did it last year for us. 

I smell a tough game. Hope the team doesn’t look past Leander to Montgomery LC. Leander seems pretty good. Some size. No gauge on the comparative strength of their schedule, but that’s unreliable analysis most of the time anyway. We need to play our best game so far to get past them. We looked great against Brenham, but we can’t ignore how much Brenham’s mistakes helped us out (short punts, fumbles). We benefitted from short fields all night. This isn’t to take credit from the team for capitalizing on (and sometimes creating) those mistakes. Our defense got an anaconda grip on them from the beginning and never let go. Here’s hoping we do the same next week. 

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Been watching Leander already online and have family that lives in Leander so working up some matchup stuff. Hope to have a better grasp on LR soon. They have an impressive win this season and an unimpressive loss this season as well. They look to be a pretty solid game.

They had a good win vs Belton but not much else really sticks out.  Bad losses to Pflugerville and University.  If PNG can go out and establish themselves as the more physical team then we should win.  Different areas in the state play different types of football.  Coach Joseph has transformed this team into a blue collar, punch you in the mouth team.  They’re very well coached and the game plans are always simple which allows the kids to play fast.  That’s a good recipe for success at this level.  

40 minutes ago, TCloudy said:

They had a good win vs Belton but not much else really sticks out.  Bad losses to Pflugerville and University.  If PNG can go out and establish themselves as the more physical team then we should win.  Different areas in the state play different types of football.  Coach Joseph has transformed this team into a blue collar, punch you in the mouth team.  They’re very well coached and the game plans are always simple which allows the kids to play fast.  That’s a good recipe for success at this level.  

Reading over their roster I have noticed PNG will once again have the size advantage. Not as much as this week but still have the advantage. Thats just one small part I understand. 

42 minutes ago, TCloudy said:

Thank you

14 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

PNG Offense-37.2 PPG

PNG Defense-15.9 PPG 

Leander Offense- 36.9 PPG

Leander Defense-29.7 PPG

I like to use the old Mike Tyson quote in relation to these playoff games.  “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”.  We have this identity of “we’re gonna line up and pound on you for 4 quarters”.  From what I’ve seen out of teams in that area of the state, they don’t play that type of football.  

21 minutes ago, TCloudy said:

I like to use the old Mike Tyson quote in relation to these playoff games.  “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”.  We have this identity of “we’re gonna line up and pound on you for 4 quarters”.  From what I’ve seen out of teams in that area of the state, they don’t play that type of football.  

I am still learning but thank you for sharing.

7 hours ago, Coach85 said:

My point is, I know the home side generally seats more. But it doesn’t matter what side we are on those that have tickets will get into the game. They give the same amount of tickets to each team to sale. If we run out of seats in the stands, which is a good possibility on either side, the stadium will open up the grass areas in the end zone. They did it last year for us. 

That is a lot of energy over a simple question. 

11 hours ago, Coach85 said:

My point is, I know the home side generally seats more.

Tx Bob website says it seats 12,000. PNG seats 12,471. With 9 schools in Katy ISD using that and Jack Rhodes as home stadiums, there are several games where the “visiting” team is playing on their home field. I would assume each side seats 6,000. 

7 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Been watching Leander already online and have family that lives in Leander so working up some matchup stuff. Hope to have a better grasp on LR soon. They have an impressive win this season and an unimpressive loss this season as well. They look to be a pretty solid game.

Rouse is scrappy. Not overly talented, deep, big, or fast, but scrappy