#2 Silsbee vs Sealy Bi District Round Thursday Predictions

BADSANTA

13 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Since moving up to 4A, how far has Sealy ever made it to the playoffs. They won 4 or 5 titles in the 90s I believe. Sealy was a force in 3A. Every year in state it seemed like it was Sealy and La Marque. 

I know since 2008 they have made it to the third round twice… 2018-19 lost to Liberty Hill 21-35 and 2020-21 lost to China Spring 13-31

11 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Since moving up to 4A, how far has Sealy ever made it to the playoffs. They won 4 or 5 titles in the 90s I believe. Sealy was a force in 3A. Every year in state it seemed like it was Sealy and La Marque. 

My nephew played for Sealy in the mid-90’s. They were the 1st in Tx to win 4 straight (94-97). Fred Smith (5’ 8” 170) broke Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record in 94’. They went 63-1 during that period and the only loss was in the 96 regular season to LaGrange, who was led by J. K. Dobbin’s dad, Lawrence. To say they were dominant during that time would be an understatement. Best high school football coaching staff I have ever seen. Head coach was the late T.J. Mills. God rest his soul!

1 hour ago, noah98 said:

My nephew played for Sealy in the mid-90’s. They were the 1st in Tx to win 4 straight (94-97). Fred Smith (5’ 8” 170) broke Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record in 94’. They went 63-1 during that period and the only loss was in the 96 regular season to LaGrange, who was led by J. K. Dobbin’s dad, Lawrence. To say they were dominant during that time would be an understatement. Best high school football coaching staff I have ever seen. Head coach was the late T.J. Mills. God rest his soul!

Yea they hold Newtons pf record  of   82-6 I believe it was lol

2 hours ago, noah98 said:

Fort Hancock was the first team to win 4 straight state championships in Texas (1988-1991).

Fred Smith and Sealy knocked Hamshire-Fannett out of the playoffs in 1994. Eric Dickerson and Sealy also knocked HF out of the playoffs in 1978. 

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

Fort Hancock was the first team to win 4 straight state championships in Texas (1988-1991).

Fred Smith and Sealy knocked Hamshire-Fannett out of the playoffs in 1994. Eric Dickerson and Sealy also knocked HF out of the playoffs in 1978. 

I believe Silsbee lost to Sealy in 1978 in the Regional Finals. 

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

In 77 Silsbee made it to state semifinals and lost to Dickinson 12-0. Dickinson then beat Brownwood in state championship game 45-20.

Dickenson my fault. We beat Sealy in 2015 in Spring/The Woodlands as I was at that game. Sealy had a D1 RB who was kicked off the team the week of that game. 

41 minutes ago, TexasBoy89 said:

Somewhere around 2012/2013 they had a receiver that eventually made it to the NFL. Ricky Seals-Jones 

Now Sealy did beat a #1 ranked (then 3A) Silsbee basketball team in the playoffs and Seals Jones was on that team. Sealy had about 3 move in kids from Brookshire Royal that year. 

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

I stand corrected. I should have said 1st 11-man team to win 4 straight. Fort Hancock is 6 man. And Sealy did it before 3A was split into Divisions 1 and 2. Don’t get me wrong…Im a life-long Silsbee fan and will be pulling for them, as always.