Orangefield vs Woodville

BBfan061

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

This game could turn out to be more competitive than most anticipate. Either way Woodville should come out on top though. Hopefully eagles can lock in and secure this victory then start getting ready for Columbus who looks to be the best team in region 3 so far 

Woodville can never avoid the Columbuses and Hitchcocks of the second round smh (of course that’s if they beat the Orange which they should)…

5 hours ago, jds82 said:

Woodville can never avoid the Columbuses and Hitchcocks of the second round smh (of course that’s if they beat the Orange which they should)…

Hitchcock was one of the more winnable match-ups we've had second round. We should have won that game in my opinion but that's in the past. As good as Columbus has been this year something tells me we could match up with them better then other teams they've played so far. That's just the feeling I got when I got a look at them but I could be wrong. Hopefully we'll find out but gotta take care of OF first 

21 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Hitchcock was one of the more winnable match-ups we've had second round. We should have won that game in my opinion but that's in the past. As good as Columbus has been this year something tells me we could match up with them better then other teams they've played so far. That's just the feeling I got when I got a look at them but I could be wrong. Hopefully we'll find out but gotta take care of OF first 

Columbus is something this year for sure… Yeah they got a QB that’s committed to Baylor and a damn good RB… but I think their O line is the best unit on that team. But as far as this game goes Woodville should take care of business 

9 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Smalley???

You know how rumors are. May not be a single bit of truth to it. Could be some ole dude running his mouth while he was eating a bowl of gumbo. With Orangefield expected to stay down in the district they are in, I would think he would want to stay on. He has the athletes to be a playoff team every year in that district. 

43 minutes ago, Gametime5 said:

You know how rumors are. May not be a single bit of truth to it. Could be some ole dude running his mouth while he was eating a bowl of gumbo. With Orangefield expected to stay down in the district they are in, I would think he would want to stay on. He has the athletes to be a playoff team every year in that district. 

Yes, unless expectations have gotten out of hand in Orangefield I don't see any reason to leave.

16 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Heard rumor today that Smalley was heading back to his roots at Bridge City at the conclusion of this season / semester. Don’t know whether that is true or not..everyone knows how rumors are. Either way , I think he makes them wait another week. Give me Orangefield in this one. 

Yes this has been a rumor all year long. With even a lot of the team believing it, and some of his actions tend to lean this way. Be he had mad a public statement denying it. The latest rumor is that he was leaving for BC  and either Prouse from Deweyville or Peevey from LCM will take over. That was the one I heard after the loss to EC. Rumors are just that rumors but i cant help but think there is some truth even if its the tinniest thing him mentioning to a friend that it wouldnt be a bad job and some one passing by heard it. LOL. 

2 hours ago, TxAthlete409 said:

Yes this has been a rumor all year long. With even a lot of the team believing it, and some of his actions tend to lean this way. Be he had mad a public statement denying it. The latest rumor is that he was leaving for BC  and either Prouse from Deweyville or Peevey from LCM will take over. That was the one I heard after the loss to EC. Rumors are just that rumors but i cant help but think there is some truth even if its the tinniest thing him mentioning to a friend that it wouldnt be a bad job and some one passing by heard it. LOL. 

Yeah, that’s some good information there. You are probably right. 

15 hours ago, TxAthlete409 said:

A rumor I have heard all year long as well. After BC previous coach got shipped out I think everyone thought this would happen with BC not hiring a HC. I couldn't see Peevey leaving LCM just yet.. I'd love for Smalley to stay, but they will show him the $ in BC.

17 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Yes, unless expectations have gotten out of hand in Orangefield I don't see any reason to leave.

Would hate to see him leave, He's been a good role model to my kids.  He does practice his convictions on the sidelines.

What exceptions are you talking about? To be top 4 in a 6 team district.

Peevey - Not leaving LCM/  He's got a stable base of athletes coming in and up.

Prouse would be a DEFINITELY NO in my book.

1 hour ago, Bobcat101 said:

Would hate to see him leave, He's been a good role model to my kids.  He does practice his convictions on the sidelines.

What exceptions are you talking about? To be top 4 in a 6 team district.

Peevey - Not leaving LCM/  He's got a stable base of athletes coming in and up.

Prouse would be a DEFINITELY NO in my book.

Smalley great guy and coach and has done a great job at OF.

Why so negative on Prouse? Your kids play for him?