Houston Wisdom

wbfan

Went a whole decade without winning, hasn't made the playoffs in over 30 years, got a first-year coach who came in the offseason with less than 11 players, now has 40+ kids, is 7-1, dominating most other HISD schools and has several international students interested in playing football.

All it takes is the right coach to revive a program.

This is the hidden content, please

19 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

And will probably be 6A next go round.  The task will be continuing to move forward.  At one time, they were the only then 4A school that didn't play football.  It was right after Westside opened 

They're expecting HISD schools to grow in enrollment? I thought they were a dying brand and people were fleeing to other districts?

17 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

They're expecting HISD schools to grow in enrollment? I thought they were a dying brand and people were fleeing to other districts?

A large immigrant population in that part of town.  The article states their current success is drawing interest from foreign born students in America football

On 10/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, 89Falcon said:

7-1 and possibly “going home”?

I found that surprising as well, but they still face 2 of the better teams in district and a 5-3 record could see them out of the playoffs.  Tie breaker scenarios don't look good for them. Would be a tremendous feel good story if they can beat Sterling.