Week-10 Port Arthur Memorial at Barbers Hill Predictions 10/27

Who wins   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Barbers Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 05:05 AM

On 10/22/2023 at 7:45 AM, OlDawg said:

Saying something COULD hurt as a possibility in the future for PO seeding is a pretty simple statement. First, BH has to win the game, or it’s moot.

Your comprehension level is a little on the low side, eh?

When BH figures out how to beat LP, then you may be on to something. So far, it’s a big 0-fer. Can’t even seem to win Homecoming on your own field. LOL

Beat PAM—if you can. They’re on your schedule. BH has already lost to LP…AGAIN.

Should be a good game.

It WOULD be a "simple statement" if you had just made it a "simple statement" but you have been a total crybaby about the refs and "last second TD's" since September. In fact a friend just texted me a screenshot of something he just saw you post on the Friday Football app. "Especially with the gimme TD refs gave BH late in the LP game". Talking about tiebreakers and seeding and playoff scenarios is great football talk that everyone enjoys, its part of the game and part of the fun. Whining and crying over and over about refs for weeks on end is not! You need to get over your obsession with BH and last second TD's and "The Refs" and try to move on with your life!         

Lastly I never said or predicted anything about BH beating LP or BH beating PAM. I have made it abundantly clear PAM is heavily favored and State ranked #4, and BH clearly lost to LP. Talk about comprehension, WTH more do you want? 

On 10/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, OlDawg said:

From what I’ve seen of the BH run game, just not sure they’re strong enough to take pressure off Fuentes & the passing game. If PAM can play their typical 425 & slow BH run game, BH is in trouble. PAM is weak up the gut against the power run unless they stack the box like they did against LP.

This will be the chess match. If BH can throw in some pistol where their RB (Rodriguez I think it was) can hide and make PAM read the guards, it’ll buy Fuentes some time in the pocket and PAM will have to crowd. If they just run their normal pro type sets, PAM is talented enough defensively this year to nullify and sit/pressure on the pass. Since I haven’t seen BH live at what is full strength D-wise, not sure how they’ll stack up. PAM’s run game is solid. But, not like LP in that it’s not a power run game. Martin & Baker are speedy and hit the holes quick. They go down a little easier than LP’s Barnes, Sandolf & Bright. Can’t really compare the RB’s as they’re fairly different styles. Neither team’s OL fires off downfield like LP’s. Different styles. They’re more adept at pass pro, but can open lanes at the LOS. PAM’s receiving core is very solid. They anticipate & make excellent downfield routes. Best deep balls I’ve seen in district play. Not big. But very good hands. Not many dropped balls.

The 3 or so minutes around the half against LP totally changed the momentum of our game. When LP missed the TD opportunity in the redzone ahead by 21 and going for the kill, then missed the FG, went into half, came out & fumbled the KO return, PAM jumped.

BIG.

At least a 13 point swing…possibly more. Momentum was PAM’s, and they never looked back. (Of course, they also began stacking the box at that point which was also big.)

Seeing both against a common/solid opponent, PAM—IMHO—is the more dangerous team. But, they can be had if a solid team eliminates mistakes and makes them play straight up.

TO’s—as usual—will make or break this game. JMO

I’ve got PAM by at least a TD in a fairly low scoring contest for these teams. Say, 28-21. There may be weather.

If wrong, I’ll be back to congratulate BH where the Scientist dude doesn’t get his feelings all hurt. 😁

I ran outta likes. 

+1!!

On 10/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, OlDawg said:

If wrong, I’ll be back to congratulate BH where the Scientist dude doesn’t get his feelings all hurt. 😁

About what?? What on earth are you talking about now? I am not the one who whined incessantly about a BH homecoming, or whined about last second "gimme TD's", or whined about refs from mid September. Your whining goes beyong SETX Sports. People send me screenshots of your whining on other sites. And you are a grandfather?? OMG.  

On 10/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, OlDawg said:

Good response. BH has a chance. A better than decent one really.

IMHO, BH has good coaching and some solid players. What BH doesn’t have is an identity. BH is just kinda ‘there’ like a lot of other clubs. PAM has speed. Always have. LP has power & physicality. Always have.

BH needs to find what they want to be & focus on it.

LP will return the entire backfield, half of the OL & half of the D. The staff will be on their 3rd year back.

Someone may want to start praying to the realignment gods, or one of BH posters (every fan base has one) will be misreading posts for a third year in a row. 😂

PAM returns everyone pretty much lol

On 10/22/2023 at 9:51 AM, TradenupBH said:

BH Achilles hill has always been secondary on defense. If D-line can win in trenches and keep blockers off of our LB’s we have a good chance to slow down PAM RB, which I think is better then LP RB.

On the offensive side, we can move the ball against anyone in the district as long as we don’t make silly penalties and turn it over.

which one? we got three.

Hey heads up for any PAM fans coming to the game. They have been working on I-10 just past the BH exit and I read a sign that they are going to close I-10 this Friday I think from 7 to 9 PM.  So you will make it to our exit but it will be backed up starting at 7PM. Might not be a factor ,but a heads up.

Game day almost here and despite what I see in the prediction poll, I honestly think the majority have BH winning because that’s the outcome they want. I feel deep down a slight majority believe PAM will come out ahead. Just my take.
Both teams are talented, well coached and I can’t see PAM being a worse matchup for BH than LaPorte. All that misdirection and a very good offensive line has worn BH out for two years straight. The injuries with key run stoppers didn’t help but not sure it’d changed the outcome.
I see PAM as more of a threat at having big plays, not the consistent, long, clock eating drives BH saw with LaPorte. Not to say PAM won’t have long drives but LaPorte depends on these to win the game. BH and PAM both have the ability to consistently score quickly with a slight edge to PAM. Also, I think BH this season has a total three or so interceptions, with two being against LaPorte. They typically do not turn the ball over but if PAM can put pressure on the QB and not allow big plays downfield, it may be a long night for the hill. On the flip side, if PAM comes in underestimating this BH team, they may quickly get punched in the mouth. Despite some minor weaknesses, this is the best BH team I’ve seen since I’ve been following them. They need to show they can overcome some adversity to make a good playoff run. This should be a good game.

29 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

Game day almost here and despite what I see in the prediction poll, I honestly think the majority have BH winning because that’s the outcome they want. I feel deep down a slight majority believe PAM will come out ahead. Just my take.
Both teams are talented, well coached and I can’t see PAM being a worse matchup for BH than LaPorte. All that misdirection and a very good offensive line has worn BH out for two years straight. The injuries with key run stoppers didn’t help but not sure it’d changed the outcome.
I see PAM as more of a threat at having big plays, not the consistent, long, clock eating drives BH saw with LaPorte. Not to say PAM won’t have long drives but LaPorte depends on these to win the game. BH and PAM both have the ability to consistently score quickly with a slight edge to PAM. Also, I think BH this season has a total three or so interceptions, with two being against LaPorte. They typically do not turn the ball over but if PAM can put pressure on the QB and not allow big plays downfield, it may be a long night for the hill. On the flip side, if PAM comes in underestimating this BH team, they may quickly get punched in the mouth. Despite some minor weaknesses, this is the best BH team I’ve seen since I’ve been following them. They need to show they can overcome some adversity to make a good playoff run. This should be a good game.

Best post of the thread, HANDS DOWN!!!

INT Fumble INT Fumble Ratio
Port Arthur Memorial  3        4        7        8         8
Barbers Hill                  3        5         5       9         6

Fairly close

Yeah you look at the stats and both of these teams are close in just about in every category.  The trench play is going to be critical in this game as well as turnovers. If BH can win the LOS and get a decent run game going that will open up a lot. BH also has to jump on PAM quick getting the lead early is crucial because PAM in the 2 half this season has been unstoppable. Momentum is also going to be key if either team gets this on their side the other team could be down several scores before they know what’s happening. BH has a chance to prove themselves Friday night, but they have to play perfect.

8 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

better than the team PAM played at the hill 2 years ago? that team had PAM against the ropes and had to come back in the last minute or two in the game. thats the team i was referring to

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

better than the team PAM played at the hill 2 years ago? that team had PAM against the ropes and had to come back in the last minute or two in the game. thats the team i was referring to

Are you talking about the game in 2020? Last year was the monsoon rain game in PA (PAM 21-7) and two years ago in 2021 BH played at PAM (lost 55-16). In 2020 PAM won 27-23 at BH. 

BH has never beaten PAM in recent history. I don't know before that.   

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

Are you talking about the game in 2020? Last year in 2022 was the monsoon rain game (PAM 21-7) and two years ago in 2021 BH played at PAM (lost 55-16). In 2020 PAM won 27-23. 

BH has never beaten PAM in recent history. I don't know before that.   

3-0. 

2021 was 56-28 MHS. It was 28 all to start that 4th qtr. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

3-0. 

2021 was 56-28 MHS. It was 28 all to start that 4th qtr. 

I saw that score on MaxPreps (yes everybody, I am aware MP has lots of mistakes) and I thought it was wrong because I was there and remembered it differently. BH gave up a ton of points in the last 5 min. or so. And yes BH is 0-3 vs. PAM.    

11 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

I agree. Local polls are fun for some but I don't put much stock in them They are skewed due to amount of participation and sentiment. PAM is State ranked #4 for real reasons. PAM is undefeated and has overwhelming athleticism. BH has neither.    

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Me thinks MHS will have a little added motivation Friday night after what I saw last evening. 

I don't see it being pretty tomorrow night for them,

So apparently someone lipped off on facebook. Might have been ONE little kid. No idea. I seriously doubt it was anyone connected to the program.  

Sorry your feelings were hurt but BH deals with stuff like that all the time. BH has been called so many names so many times. Just look what was hurled at BH recently by some certain posters here... 

2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

So apparently someone lipped off on facebook. Might have been ONE little kid. No idea. I seriously doubt it was anyone connected to the program.  

Sorry your feelings were hurt but BH deals with stuff like that all the time. BH has been called so many names so many times. Just look what was hurled at BH recently by some certain posters here... 

Post the whole quote if you're going to quote me. 

https://www.setxsports.com/ip/topic/246539-the-best-rivalries-in-se-texas/page/3/#comments

It’s going to be a good game.  Memorial..honestly.. Y’all just have to play y’all’s caliber type game.  Nothing extra..nothing outta the norm..just play your game.  You all ARE the better team.  Regardless of anybody’s opinion.  Y’all are the team ranked 4th in the state.  Cut out all the chatter.. Leave it for us..  Go out there focused, play hard, play smart, just simply..play your game.  Comes down to… How bad do you want it??