The best rivalries in SE TEXAS

TrojanMoJo

22 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

PNG vs NED

Lumberton vs Dayton iykyk.. lol 

PA vs (A good) WB 

PA vs La Porte years ago was always a good one…

PA vs BH as of late

Crosby vs BH 

Jasper vs Silsbee

LCM vs PNG/ Nederland vs Vidor… for certain teams is a rivalry…to others it’s just a game. 

OF vs BC

I’ll never forget the 8-7 win for Lumberton over Dayton! What a game

Chester Yellowjackets vs Colmesneil Bulldogs - the upper Tyler County battle royale.  FM 1745 separates the town by 15 miles.  I was surprised to see the win-loss-tie total was 30-30-3.  That’s a pretty evenly matched series.  This rivalry started in 1950 and the last match-up was 2009.  The rivalry ended when Chester went down to 6-man, and who knows - may start back up one day.

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Them boys at Motiva from PA say different.. lol they wanna hang 50 burger tomorrow. Something happened last year? 

No, happened last evening. Someone from BH poked the bear. I don't see it being pretty tomorrow night for them, but we'll see. 

Hard to call it a rivalry when we're 3-0. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

No, happened last evening. Someone from BH poked the bear. I don't see it being pretty tomorrow night for them, but we'll see. 

Hard to call it a rivalry when we're 3-0. 

Oh okay I gotcha. Well they was calling it a rivalry-like game.. 

They said pregame will be fun tomorrow.. LSU-Texas like lol

• 2 weeks later...

Mid-County Madness is the best rivalry in the state, if not American high school football altogether. Its place in this thread is a given.

After that, for PN-G, I think PAM and WO-S are the closest things we have to another rival in SETX. PAM revives all the history between PN-G, TJ and Lincoln. WO-S and PN-G played some fantastic games back in the days before WO-S started dropping classifications.

Once upon a time, I would have told you the Soul Bowl was a great rivalry, and that PN-G had a budding rivalry with Central. Those days are, unfortunately, long gone. The Beaumont Bowl has potential if United and West Brook can ever get things figured out.

I agree with earlier comments about the triangle formed between Silsbee, WO-S and Jasper. I am hopeful Hamshire-Fannett will find a way to consistently stay in that mix, but only time will tell. Either way, I think the Golden Triangle has the best of 4ADII football.

Regarding how Vidor and LC-M feel about the Mid-County teams, I look at them as the angry exes of 20-4A football. Not that I wouldn’t mind seeing PN-G and Nederland resume those series. It’s just clear those feelings have always been mostly one-way. (I did like to think of the Mardi Gras Bowl as a potential nickname for the PN-G/LC-M series back in the day, though.)

I would like to see Lumberton come back into the same district as the Mid-County teams some day. Lots of Mid-County natives live in Raider Country these days. It just feels like there’s potential there.

21 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

When I was still in HS (80’s to early 90’s) WB/Central game, the true Beaumont Bowl turned 18-20k people at Lamar. It was second to the PNG/Ned game

Me and @BMTSoulja1 was talking awhile back about that. We knew about the BMT Bowl before MCM.