Dayton (6) @ Texas City (41) - FINAL

jdawg03

21 minutes ago, Julio2000 said:

Well then listen good. Jerry Stewart was a great coach. He won against teams with obviously more talent than he had on his team. Hence…..read it real slowly….Jerry Stewart was a GREAT coach. This guy…..

Understood. Also, Jerry Stewart had games where he got wiped off the field. You also make assumptions on talent that you have no idea about, nor can you substantiate. You are just “guessing” because it supports your application of a double standard.

46 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. Also, Jerry Stewart had games where he got wiped off the field. You also make assumptions on talent that you have no idea about, nor can you substantiate. You are just “guessing” because it supports your application of a double standard.

No guessing to it. 

I’ve watched a couple of bronco games. One that stands out is the Brenham game last year. Light rain. Wind blowing like crazy. Cold as heck. 

Dayton comes out passing like there’s no tomorrow. Meanwhile one of the best if not THE best running back touches the ball less than ten times. Most being in the final few minutes of the game.  
It made no sense. 

21 hours ago, Julio2000 said:

I’ve watched a couple of bronco games. One that stands out is the Brenham game last year. Light rain. Wind blowing like crazy. Cold as heck. 

Dayton comes out passing like there’s no tomorrow. Meanwhile one of the best if not THE best running back touches the ball less than ten times. Most being in the final few minutes of the game.  
It made no sense. 

one of the best RB's to come through Dayton in years and not only the Brenham game  but most big games like PNG he rode the bench a lot--- inexplicable . The only reason I can think of they didn't want him showing up the QB one of the coaches relatives.  Both the QB &RB received all district honors bust I guess its more important   to pad stats for a scholarship rather than win games.

After a few years into his tenure at Dayton very very seldom did Stewart get blown out !  Maybe a loss against LK Travis  for the region final, pre-district he scheduled big schools like Fort Bend Elkins and Eisenhower  and win most times. Several district and regional championships, State  final appearance- records  that  any Dayton coaches since cant even begin to scratch. He used to hold  defense coaching clinics  where coaches all over the state would attend. He was and an outsider with no buddy or political ties to the local click  his only goal was to Win!!!

1 hour ago, Red Boyou said:

Couple of awesome post Jayhawk, agree 1000%. Just throwing it out there …..New Caney didn’t really turn into world beaters when he was there (I’m sure some folks will scream it was a lack of talent) and they didn’t offer him the HC/AD there while he was there and the existing retired. 

Maybe they knew something we didn't after 3 seasons with the broncos he is lacking in game leadership and live game management other than that I'm sure he's a nice guy.  We don't need nice guys we need proven successful coaches. The superintendent and schoolboard are as much to blame they get plenty of highly qualified candidates and choose politics over winning ( who cares about the fans or players )

Just an opinion from an outsider whose opinion or thoughts don't matter. really more curiosity than anything else.

I haven't read any of this thread and being totally honest don't know yall record this season, but goodness it seems like I see more and more of these type scores for the Broncos. if I am correct last season was OK but it's been bout ten years or so prior to last year that the Broncos were the type of program they were mid to late 90s to 2010s. not really a powerhouse but a winning program that was guaranteed to be a tough challenge for who ever the opponent is/was.  what has caused  the downward spiral.  people moving away?, kids transferring?, or what? the talent pool just hit rock bottom?

I dont mean for this to be taken as negative or taking a shot a Dayton. it's just a football fan being curious.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, Red Boyou said:

Maybe we could get 2wedge to come haul the coach off…. He said If we didn’t praise a piss poor job the coach would leave!!!😂😂😂😂

I'd gladly come pick him up and move him down the road if he wanted to make a change. Trust me, the grass ain't always greener. 

41 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I'd gladly come pick him up and move him down the road if he wanted to make a change. Trust me, the grass ain't always greener. 

You’re welcome to him and trust me Dayton knows about the green grass we’ve had 3 buddy buddy coaches in a row instead of the most qualified/ best fit and we’ve seen the results of those decisions. Just because you beat teams like Galena Park and Santa Fe (no offense to those teams) doesn’t mean you are “out of the crapper” either.

21 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

You’re welcome to him and trust me Dayton knows about the green grass we’ve had 3 buddy buddy coaches in a row instead of the most qualified/ best fit and we’ve seen the results of those decisions. Just because you beat teams like Galena Park and Santa Fe (no offense to those teams) doesn’t mean you are “out of the crapper” either.

I do not know Ware, so I am not personally involved in this at all, but I think you guys are making a major mistake going this route. He has brought this program back from the trash heap it had been for many years prior to last. His only mistake was being a year or so ahead of schedule by winning last year and causing the fan base to expect immediate improvement from that new bar. He hasn't only invested in football, but has been adamant about program growth at every level. From AV, to culture, to expectations, and now he is becoming a victim of those same expectations. All I will say is, be careful what you wish for, because moving him along right in the middle of the ascent of this program could waste every bit of talent you all say is not being utilized properly. 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:41 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Just an opinion from an outsider whose opinion or thoughts don't matter. really more curiosity than anything else.

I haven't read any of this thread and being totally honest don't know yall record this season, but goodness it seems like I see more and more of these type scores for the Broncos. if I am correct last season was OK but it's been bout ten years or so prior to last year that the Broncos were the type of program they were mid to late 90s to 2010s. not really a powerhouse but a winning program that was guaranteed to be a tough challenge for who ever the opponent is/was.  what has caused  the downward spiral.  people moving away?, kids transferring?, or what? the talent pool just hit rock bottom?

I dont mean for this to be taken as negative or taking a shot a Dayton. it's just a football fan being curious.

Will agree over-all  the program has been elevated but unfortunately I see no improvement in live game  coaching which has led to unnecessary heart breaking losses. Maybe a competent offense &defense  coordinator  that can actually make 2nd half adjustments would be a good start. Against average teams  we look decent but against good teams when you have to coach we look incompetent. 

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I do not know Ware, so I am not personally involved in this at all, but I think you guys are making a major mistake going this route. He has brought this program back from the trash heap it had been for many years prior to last. His only mistake was being a year or so ahead of schedule by winning last year and causing the fan base to expect immediate improvement from that new bar. He hasn't only invested in football, but has been adamant about program growth at every level. From AV, to culture, to expectations, and now he is becoming a victim of those same expectations. All I will say is, be careful what you wish for, because moving him along right in the middle of the ascent of this program could waste every bit of talent you all say is not being utilized properly. 

That’s one opinion, look around there are lots of coaches that can turn a program completely around in less time, as well as some coaches like we have had and currently have that make no improvements or minimum headway for the amount of years IMO. I can say that having seen the list of applicants each time Dayton has hired since Stewart I feel like there were quite a few proven coaches that could have turned the program around by now, so in fairness I feel like he should be held to those standards especially if Dayton keeps insisting on hiring unproven coaches when proven coaches are applying. To praise a sub par/average coach looking from the outside in is very easy when you have no skin in the game.

6 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

That’s one opinion, look around there are lots of coaches that can turn a program completely around in less time, as well as some coaches like we have had and currently have that make no improvements or minimum headway for the amount of years IMO. I can say that having seen the list of applicants each time Dayton has hired since Stewart I feel like there were quite a few proven coaches that could have turned the program around by now, so in fairness I feel like he should be held to those standards especially if Dayton keeps insisting on hiring unproven coaches when proven coaches are applying. To praise a sub par/average coach looking from the outside in is very easy when you have no skin in the game.

Good points !

13 hours ago, 2wedge said:

After tonight’s game you still wanna say that statement? 

On 10/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, 2wedge said:

Just out of curiosity how many Dayton games (varsity,freshman, and Jr. High…in that order) have you attended this season or the previous 2 seasons?